Branson Z Fest (BZF) 2013 - AFTERMATH

That drive has to blow.

2001 Mazda Miata LS
    also a 1989 Nissan 240SX

50th AE Build Thread SOLD 2015

Haha, it does a bit. Long drive. It's not too bad though, stop a few times here and there along the way to rest a bit and get some food and such. It's nice though, when I cross the border, speed is like Game on! US speed limits > Canada

I should be arriving on Thursday early AM.
    I am leaving Wednesday mid afternoon… 13ish hour drive. I will be towing the Z. I only get 9mpg in the Z… haha, so there is no way to drive it that far.
    Here is my tow setup....

I'm aiming to be there either wednesday night or thursday morning, leaving wednesday morning sometime around 3-4am to get a good start and drive pretty much all the way through, stopping for food, gas, rest and so on.
    1uz Swapped, lowered, flaked out '86 z31
    '72 Datsun 510 4dr, ka24de-T, slammed resto mod
    '84 z31 turbo, coils, wheels a.k.a the gfs weekend car
    '86 na2t parts for now a.k.a eventually will get running with a/c daily
    '83 280zx project backburner a.k.a ls turbo drag car one day
    Custom vg30et tube chassis drift exocet project

We had change in plan.
    Monday we only drive from Chicago to Springfield, Il. Spend night in there and leave early morning to Branson. Hoping to be there 10-11am.

Much more safer than driving 8h+ after 20h of airtravel.
    Jukka Kivinen - Europe / Finland - '88 Turbo 2+2 Targa
    Datsun Nissan Sports Cars of Finland
    http://www.z31turbo.com / http://www.z31na.com

BRANSON TORNADOFEST hahah

G-E;331948 wrote: BRANSON TORNADOFEST hahah
    A lot of Branson still hasn't recovered from the tornado that hit two years ago. Another would be devastating.

In other news, Missouri is finally planning to redo much of the highway and main roads into, throughout, and out of Branson. Downside is it's a 4-6 year plan from what I've heard. Traffic already sucks there anyway.
    '86 300ZXT GLL
    '78 Datsun 280Z BP
    '11 Saab 9-3 Aero XWD

They had some killer storms down in that area yesterday, hopefully all is well. I heard something while watching the OKC live news feed about Branson, the same storm that hit the Moore area moved into that area/Ozark, something with debris that was falling from the sky. But, who knows. There was so much going on with schools being hit and people trapped.

That whole area got hit pretty hard in the last couple of days.

I checked the weather for the week I am there, and it's supposed to be in the 30's (celcius) and "feels like" 40's (celcius), and sunny.. So, the car should be okay. Not too sure how well the car would fair with grapefruit sized hail hah

Grapefruit sized hail? Guess I'm bringing the gazebo tent with me hahaha

2001 Mazda Miata LS
    also a 1989 Nissan 240SX

• That's if I can get this damn tensioner stud out of the block and the valves replaced :/

2001 Mazda Miata LS
    also a 1989 Nissan 240SX

• You will! ;d

• Now all I gotta do is wash the car when the weather warms up a bit more, and pack it, and pack my bag … Check all fluids and tire pressures before I leave of course. and fuel up. hah. GPS locked and loaded. So close

• Weather looks to be in the mid 80s and partly cloudy next weekend. Pretty standard for Branson at this time of the year.
    '86 300ZXT GLL
    '78 Datsun 280Z BP
    '11 Saab 9-3 Aero XWD

• Can't wait. It's cold here. Hah.

• Shit it's high 90's here and humid, can't wait to see you guys there next wek
    1uz Swapped, lowered, flaked out '86 z31
    '72 Datsun 510 4dr, ka24de-T, slammed resto mod
    '84 z31 turbo, coils, wheels a.k.a the gfs weekend car
    '86 na2t parts for now a.k.a eventually will get running with a/c daily
    '83 280zx project backburner a.k.a ls turbo drag car one day
    Custom vg30et tube chassis drift exocet project