vg30 w-series heads on 33 block

VG33 everything is better, except the cams and intake plenum.
    Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
    Under the cover - THE BANANA… that needs to be re-energized.
    sigpic

well if that's the case, I plan on having a hollowed out plenum and getting cams and cam gears later. but as of now I guess i'll just swap it in and use my vg30 for another car. kinda been itching to do a vg30e in a fc rx-7. just as a fun street car.

Originally posted by z31driftbandit View Post
    ok, I'm doing a vg33 swap to my car and I'm using my stock turbo set up for it. any advice on anything I can use off my stock vg to gain more power or be a upgrade? I was kinda planning on using my vg30 for another build, but if I need to ditch that idea to make my track car better, i'll just do that.

thanks
    chase

Use your 300zx camshafts. Preferably 84-86 camshafts. Check you lifter lobe-face areas for wear.

For the money you would put into a hollowed out plenum you could build a custom one with w/e style TB and layout you want. check out this thread for my custom design i used from a stock intake, intercooler end tank, and elbow w/90mm TB.
    http://z31performance.com/showthread…Mad-Max-Intake

Originally posted by slammedcoupe View Post
    I cant brain right now (sorry to thread jack) so I can put 33 heads on my 86t block?
    Use a head gasket that's early style specify 84-85 for gasket kit, even then check the head gaskets you want no coolant passages like the W-series!

Forgot about dat pleenums.... How's it working out for you?

worked great. would recommend similar builds.