The truth about Ebay Turbochargers

• The truth about Ebay Turbochargers

2005 whore magnet

Thats just incredible.

1985 Nissan 300ZX 2+2- My first Z, back in the family
    1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo RIP 4/87 - 4/28/2011
    Under Construction: 1986 Nissan 300ZX NA2T Slicktop
    Originally posted by Tempestas
    Well, one of the t-tops wasn't latched real well… God only knows where that t-top flew off to at 150+ mph. Didn't scratch the car or anything, just a boom and it was gone. I sure as hell didn't stop to see where it went. I didn't see any stories on the news… so that's a plus.

They're only pissed someone ripped off their turbochargers! lol
    http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Good info Steve.

Unfortunately many products are being knocked off and made overseas now and its damn tough to know what is what.

I found a similar article about Chinese Walbro pump knock offs a while back. I figured it probably had some validity and ordered from a local shop who orders directly from Walbro. I may have paid a few bucks more than the knock off but I felt better about it. Local and US companies and all that.
    Just stand back and throw money.
    Performance costs money.
    Reliable performance costs more.

ssa isn't a bad company for some parts but I wouldn't reccomend buying a turbo from them. I have heard before about the housing being held together by glue. But I did buy an exhaust system and headers for my old 03 tiburon I had. and for the price they weren't bad the exhaust was a little loud and ricey sounding. I ended up selling it and buying an ark. So my advice is save your money and buy a quality part, because you get what you pay for.

I am amazed at how much bad feedback there is and people still buy!

Terrible idea putting those wheels on…

I've noticed a real rash of turbo related items that are obvious "chinese" knock-offs. I saw an electronic boost controller the other day and a wastegate just now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/UNIVE…QQcmdZViewItem

I know it seems great when a factory in China copies expensive products and suddenly everyone can afford it. But they are doing such bad things to their own economy (and it doesn't help ours) that I wish more people would realize why they shouldn't buy that crap.

I've never really been a "only buy american products" person. I consider the world an open market and believe that economics should dictate the stuff our government tries to regulate. But, as we have seen in the media this summer, so much that comes from these countries is crap and is accepted by stupid consumers and should not be. They just accept that it's crap and don't demand more.

QUIT BUYING THIS SHIT!
    http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

US and Japanese products are on my top list. No china or taiwan if i can help it, most everything they make seems to be inferior. Shit i am weird enough about it, I found a Japanese made 1G micro SD memory card.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on…

Steve88t wrote: But, as we have seen in the media this summer, so much that comes from these countries is crap and is accepted by stupid consumers and should not be. They just accept that it's crap and don't demand more.
    so wait, you actually listen to the "media", for anything?

The media is not the reason for my buying anything. It was just an example that most people will understand.
    http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

The media is always biased one way,like the government and heaps of other crap..If your stupid enough to buy something without properly researching it first,thats your own problem.
    Straya, +61

Yeah, I bought an ebay turbo a few years ago with out thinking… Did some reading, regreted it, took the housings off, really regreted it. Realized I made a mistake, and ended up selling it for what I bought it for Lesson learned, and my motor is still alive and well. First turbo experience was a good one with a used holset.

my friend that we all call ebay shay bought a turbo off of there instead of getting his TO4H rebuilt for his honda, it was good when he first had it for a day but then wanted to do a hond a fly my and screeeeeeeeeech… bang there went the compressor wheel which took out his motor :P

me being a ex honda lover had a spare motor laying around gave him one, hoping he would learn a lesson but he still buys ebay stuff…

I know a few people that have some decent High HP build around here and they use Ebay turbos…

The big problem with them is them not being balanced properly.. Not so much the glued compressor housings anymore.. Theyre made with the same cheap gasket kits people buy for the garetts/turbonetics etcc for rebuild.. and they work fine.. The biggest issue is balancing.. If you look none of them have balancing marks on them anywhere..

A guy I know just got one for his KA-T build.. Its a Ebay T71.. got it balanced and it works flawlessly
    1989 300ZX 2+2 N/A GLL
    Auto to Manual Swap
    NA2T Complete

A friend of mine bought a turbo manifold, downpipe, and intercooler/piping from "ss sutochrome" for his civic(he already had a quality turbo) the parts were dirt cheap, but when we went to install it the maifold was completely warped, to the point where it bowed enough on each end to stick a popsicle stick inbetween the head and the manifold. and the down pipe was cracked. the kit was complete trash. needless to say he was forced to quality stuff for 3x the price.

1986 300zx turbo
    1999 Buick Park Ave Ultra *Ported supercharger, smaller pulley, intake, 3"exhaust manifolds (my fast grocery-getter)