Headlight Relay Modification

Yea I was looking at what you said and so thats what I did I just think i'm wiring something wrong.

Did you use the soldering iron to do it?

Originally posted by adamvann3
    Its aged but well groomed; similar to a cougar who hits the gym. Yeah it may have some miles on it, but its still one hell of a ride.

I used a soldering iron and some electrical tape and has worked great this whole time
    Click here to view my Stanced VG33ET Build thread / Click here to view my Feed Back thread

Okay well ill use a soldering iron when i can get one and hopefully that will work for it. Maybe i just wasn't getting a good connection through my ghetto wiring. :nanan?re

Its aged but well groomed; similar to a cougar who hits the gym. Yeah it may have some miles on it, but its still one hell of a ride.

Okay so i used a soldering gun and i'm still having the same problem. When I turn my low and high beams on they stay down then when i press the manual headlight button it pops up but then when i push it again they dont go back down until i turn the headlights off.

This is where i pulled the relay from.

This is the soldering job i did (it was my first time so doesnt look the best)

I connected 1 to 2 and 3 to 4 i believe.

If anyone knows or has any ideas to why its not working i would appreciate the help. Thanks

Just to make sure you unhooked the flat black connector under the steering wheel correct?
    Click here to view my Stanced VG33ET Build thread / Click here to view my Feed Back thread

Yea I did that a long time ago because that was the most you could do to get the sleepy eyed headlights. I feel that i did everything right but I just don't know whats not working with the modification. :-?

the next time i'm around my car i'll take a look and snap a couple pics for ya

Okay thanks any help will be appreciated :-) . I'll get a new relay and try to wire that one up and see if that will work for it, maybe its something wrong with the relay? Who knows what might be wrong.

Has anybody figured out the way to properly do this on a gll? I have an 85 gll that I'm attempting to do this and have jumped pins 1 and 2 and 3 to 5 on the headlamp motor relay, still not functioning the way described. Where is the uphold relay? And is the head lamp sensor that one that's in front of the passenger side strut tower? Maybe I have to bypass that too.
    http://z31performance.com/showthread…2-2-(-now-NA2T
    My build thread (:

Correction 3 to 4 I connected
    http://z31performance.com/showthread…2-2-(-now-NA2T
    My build thread (: