How-To: Installing a 2005 Nissan Titan 150 amp Alternator

I would prefer the bracket being on the block if the endlink can't clear the curved body…

I need to do this upgrade ASAP thanks for the info.

it's not about clearing the curved body, its the outside of the heim at the alt hitting the underside of the alt body, just from being too close is all. I'll see if I can do a picture later this week…
    Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
    Under the cover - THE BANANA… that needs to be re-energized.
    sigpic

Originally posted by les_joey_paul
    Did anybody who has completed this upgrade need to run a heavier gauge wire for anything?
    Or is the stock wiring still enough?
    Unless you've added a lot of electrical accessories the load on the alternator isn't any different, so I don't see any reason why heavier wire would be needed.
    Prius… because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car…

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

Originally posted by jaqattack02
    Unless you've added a lot of electrical accessories the load on the alternator isn't any different, so I don't see any reason why heavier wire would be needed.
    Unless you've added a lot of electrical accessories, what is the point of adding a larger alternator in the first place? lol.

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

The quest alternator harness is twice the thickness of the z31 and it's only 125A, interpolate what you will

Well I'm guess I'm just retarded lol

2001 Mazda Miata LS
    also a 1989 Nissan 240SX

50th AE Build Thread SOLD 2015

FYI - as far as using the speedway link, I will be back with a belt length/part # to go with that, as it sets the alt just out of reach of the stock belt.

sigpic

Axel Kain… 42.5" or 43" depending on how good you are at fucking with the bolts. However I would NOT recommend going with a 3.75" length since a smaller unit would likely work better and possibly could use the stock belt.
    IMG_20141004_181404_414.jpg
    You'd probably need the 1/4" spacer with either heim, though it might work without it if the tensioner was short enough. I dislike the amount of play in the bolt holes in the heims, though on a tensioner it's a functionality non-issue. Smaller bolt holes in the heims would make it a little more professional looking, anyways. Either way you will need to replace the stock tensioner bolt with a longer unit (I used m8 - 1.25 x 80mm) for the oil pump. A shorter overall length would give you more comfortable clearance between the radiator hose, the alt pulley and belt, and the PS belt. Bolted into the stock location it interfered, I had to move it up and towards the rear of the car by 1/8".

Instead of having a bolt on each side of the alt, I wanted to run one long bolt through like the PS pump did. This allowed me to use the spacer that came attached to my Titan alt. It required drilling a 7/16" hole through each side of the mount, and grinding out the low spot with a Dremel. I don't remember the dimensions of the bolt I used.

IMG_20141004_163141_364.jpg

Another point worth noting is that with a 3.75" length turnbuckle, this setup may not work on the turbo autos/people running the stock oil cooler setup. I don't exactly have a stock setup, but it's close enough that I believe that there would be problems running this setup (alternator, oil lines, lower coolant hose, PS hose, and one of the AC lines try to take up some of the same space). With a shorter turnbuckle tensioner this should be a non-issue. I can't vouch for using the stock tensioner and an extension.
    IMG_20141004_164314_889.jpg

Now for my QUESTION. My stock plug attaches, and I'm assuming that the two grounds pictured go to the smaller wire harness side. Does the larger (I believe white) wire go to the stud on the side of the alternator?
    Feedback- viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19840

Alternator has a voltage out (big stud), exciter/sense in (2 prong plug), and grounds…

here's what I did. stock belt is too short with the 3.75" with it bolted up like stock. so I made this little extension bracket, shaped to jamb up against the alt, to prevent any rotation in the undesired direction. working decently so far. nice thing is, with this I can use the stock belt. Had to open up the main power wire terminal a little, and bolted the ground to one of the through bolts of the case.Titan Alt.jpg

sigpic

Yea, just figured I'd make sure before I hooked the battery back up that I had it right. And the more I look at it, the more I think a link half the size I used would be perfect.
    Feedback- viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19840

I remember seeing on the fb group that there was a way to mount the alternator with utilizing the factory bracket and using the adjuster bolt differently.
    Can anybody elaborate on this?
    Maybe some pics for clarification and if the oem ribbed belt will work that way.
    http://z31performance.com/showthread…2-2-(-now-NA2T
    My build thread (:

with my setup Im using a stock belt.

sigpic

Can I use the smaller heim joint and mount from the oem bracket mount? I'm not really in a position to make a little metal extension. Unless you can make an extra one to send me lol.
    I'm getting ready to compile my parts for the upgrade.
    http://z31performance.com/showthread…2-2-(-now-NA2T
    My build thread (: