Custom Hood Liner now available

Re: Anybody near Westland,MI Custom Hood Liner (pics)

Tagged this thread so I can remember to read it. Can't view the images . .blocked at work.
    :-(
    '84Z31 GLL turbo|theZenthusiast site: http://www.thezenthusiast.com |

Originally posted by maronee
    PS - by the way your Z31's famous here in japan, dude!!

Rick88ss wrote: I just thought of something since my Z is an 88. Do the 84-86 Z's have the same underhood support bracing and use the same hood liner?
    There are atleast differences for the hood scoop. I'll compare them in a few days if noone else does first.
    1985 NA2T(now RB) * 1988 SS x2 * 1984 AE x3 * 2006 350Z

[quote]Rick88ss wrote:
    Originally posted by Careless
    btw you'll also want to supply a EPS/Vector version of said logo, or you'll get some shitty results when it's printed from a web-safe jpeg.

just sayin. not that i know anything about logos or that kind of stuff. :humHe needs a jpeg,then he converts it to the proper format for printing the decals.
    Take a look at the pics of the hood liners. They look good to me.
    right- but the printing process doesn't always work out that way. a low resolution jpeg will net you a low resolution logo.

just saying so it all works out. i'd like to see one done and if my car didn't pee gasoline sometimes i would probably be interested. once i sort the chemical problems out :-P

Sweet ..

If details can be worked out .. ie .. he gets the proper pattern.

I might have some artwork to work with ..

8)

I don't have the two hoods in front of me, but the underhood bracing looks different if memory serves. The hoods are different sizes and shapes, so I'd assume so anyway.
    Feedback- viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19840

sounds interesting

Yes the underhood insulation is different for the earlier and later years....

But uh, yea… if this turns into a group buy or better yet a continually offered product I would be interested.
    Feedback- viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19840

I wouldnt mind paying some cash for a nice piece. I have been doing homework and calling a few companies that has made units like these but either it wont be flexable enough or they dont make it for our cars. It really brings out the look of the engine bay when there is a nice piece there and not falling apart =).

If you think about it, these arent avalible any more.

I would be down for a set. I wouldnt mind making a mock-up of mine.

That would be sick if it was in the middle

=/ but I am in california.
    My Build Thread

the Z32 Z emblem is my favorite in looks, but it doesn't really fit with our cars, I think the proper style for the car should be used

I went down to see Gonzalo yesterday and he installed a hoodliner for me. It cost me $85 and it looks freaking phenomenal! I did not have any emblems installed as I have another idea for my car. (Shiro Nakamura's signature) Gonzalo will be on vacation for the next 2 weeks and he is in possession of my OE hoodliner. I am going to the pick an pull today to get another OE hood liner from a 84-86 so that we all can have them made.

Installation requires you to take the hood off. The whole process takes about 2.5-4 hours depending on how dirty your hood is.

This is the only picture that I have taken so far, Gonzalo will be adding the pictures that he took to his website ASAP. I will take more pictures another time, maybe tonight after I get the transmission installed again.

Shiro Special # 981 Being assembled in my spare time Chromoly acquired!
    Originally posted by BoostedMamma
    Heads up makes teh panties drop. BUT I don't have a penis OR a fast car, so I guess my opinion doesn't count.

I went to the pick and pull today and found 5 z31's there, 3 are 86's. The other two were 84-85's, one of which was a turbo. So I have the OE hoodliner from the 84T and an 86, they are the same except for the hole for the scoop. As soon as Gonzalo returns from vacation I will drop them off to him so that he can make templates.

He also stated that he will work with you guys to start a group buy. If I weren't so busy I would mediate between him and ya'll.
    Shiro Special # 981 Being assembled in my spare time Chromoly acquired!
    Originally posted by BoostedMamma
    Heads up makes teh panties drop. BUT I don't have a penis OR a fast car, so I guess my opinion doesn't count.

from a design standpoint- regarding the letter.

letters just floating around in empty space often look weird, especially due to any undulations and bumps in the surface on which they are reproduced.

if you take - for example, a shape and have it sit in the perfect center or a center that is mathematically proportional on at least 3 sides, it will look a lot better.

This is how we presented logos to judges when doing artwork during college. It often ends up more pleasing to the eye.

I would think it's the same on the Z because of the length of the good. the bottom of the hood is further away from the viewer. Having it in the absolute center will not make it seem as though it's in the center of the hood- although mathematically it will be.

have you guys thought about encasing the logo in the same emblem that nissan did?

or maybe the logo on racinjitter's front bumper, seen in the picture he posted last

I'd like to have one with a Rick Astley silhouette.......... just sayin.

Racinjitter wrote: I went down to see Gonzalo yesterday and he installed a hoodliner for me. It cost me $85 and it looks freaking phenomenal! I did not have any emblems installed as I have another idea for my car. (Shiro Nakamura's signature) Gonzalo will be on vacation for the next 2 weeks and he is in possession of my OE hoodliner. I am going to the pick an pull today to get another OE hood liner from a 84-86 so that we all can have them made.

Installation requires you to take the hood off.
    The whole process takes about 2.5-4 hours depending on how dirty your hood is.

This is the only picture that I have taken so far, Gonzalo will be adding the pictures that he took to his website ASAP. I will take more pictures another time, maybe tonight after I get the transmission installed again.

I've always wanted something to dress up underneath the hood .. why does installation require hood removal?