V6 fairlady emblems

inqui-Z-tor wrote: Wondering … attached via just adhesive .. or did this badge have those posts that required drilling of holes?
    Both I think. When I got mine, it had the black adhesive residue on the back, but it also had what looked like where posts were, that had been snapped off.

[quote]Master__09 wrote:
    Originally posted by inqui-Z-tor:ysld9ac7
    Wondering … attached via just adhesive .. or did this badge have those posts that required drilling of holes?
    Both I think. When I got mine, it had the black adhesive residue on the back, but it also had what looked like where posts were, that had been snapped off.[/quote:ysld9ac7]
    False. All rear hatch emblems are self adhesive.

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

[quote]NissanEgg wrote: [quote=Master__09]
    Originally posted by inqui-Z-tor:9wqir6u6
    Wondering … attached via just adhesive .. or did this badge have those posts that required drilling of holes?
    Both I think. When I got mine, it had the black adhesive residue on the back, but it also had what looked like where posts were, that had been snapped off.
    False. All rear hatch emblems are self adhesive.[/quote:9wqir6u6]

Well I don't know what those snapped off plastic bits were for then.

^ Let over from the molding process.

1988 300ZX Turbo, Shiro Special #760
    1988 300ZX Turbo Automatic (wife's car)
    1991 Hard-body 2WD

http://zccw.org/zccw/?page_id=1215

reddzx wrote: ^ Let over from the molding process.
    Ahh of course, they'd snap them off of the sprue.

Thanks for clarifying that.

Any word on the reproduction and group buy of these?
    Kira-1988 N/A T-Top- Turbo soon
    Naomi-1984 N/A Slicktop R.I.P.-stolen
    1976 Chevy Camaro R.I.P.- Custom candycane rods

Okay so I have a friend who might be able to make replicas for the FAIRLADY Z and V6 emblem badges.
    I have the dimensions and sketches for these already but problem is I have only pictures of sketches and not actual files of them.

Can anyone provide me with actual files of these sketches of the design/artwork? Or can anyone take pictures directly and straight over the badges if you have them and send it to me?

I'm looking for something very similar to the pic below. The only problem with this is that it is not perfectly straight overhead as it is a picture taken slightly in an angle.
    Pharaoh's wife: 1986 Nissan 300zx 2+2 Coupe GLL NA V6 5spd RWD

The best way to get the image would be to toss an emblem or that sketch into a scanner with a ruler in the scanner too.
    Justin
    1986 NA 2-seater
    SCCA Solo E-Street Prepared #31
    Race Videos
    Build Thread

I should be able to do the s130 anniversary emblem with the Z31 logo. Some of the details may be slightly different, but I should be able to get most of it in. It may be expensive since I do everything by hand (100ish shipped), but I'll be able to do custom colors. I'l finish one for my 85 na first and I'll hold onto the molds to make duplicates if anyone else wants one.

Edit: I'm calculating dimensions from a fuzzy picture of an s130 with this badge, if anyone can provide dimensions or a scanned image with a ruler, pm me.

[quote]Dr. Pepper PhD. wrote:
    Originally posted by inqui-Z-tor:1wdw21we
    Hmm with that link .. maybe I'll look into get'n this made?

Or modify it a bit to use the z31 styled "Z" ??
    That is a badass emblem. I'd shell out for that.[/quote:1wdw21we]
    Damn, I would too!
    09 Lancer ES 5 speed
    86 Z31 VG33E(NA2)T.

"I want it to sound like the pits of hell are going to engulf your face!"

Lots of ideas .. Not enough funds!
    '84Z31 GLL turbo|theZenthusiast site: http://www.thezenthusiast.com |

Originally posted by maronee
    PS - by the way your Z31's famous here in japan, dude!!

Just out of curiousity anyone know the width and height of that badge? I need to go to a place that does CNC anyway might be worth seeing if they could create it then I could paint it and see if it's worthwhile, if it is then I'll let people know but I have a feeling it will be too expensive for most, but I can look into it anyway.

+1 on measurments for the S130 badge! That would make it easier to reproduce, better than guessing.

Richard_85ZXT wrote: Just out of curiousity anyone know the width and height of that badge? I need to go to a place that does CNC anyway might be worth seeing if they could create it then I could paint it and see if it's worthwhile, if it is then I'll let people know but I have a feeling it will be too expensive for most, but I can look into it anyway.
    I'll try to get to this later in the week.
    '84Z31 GLL turbo|theZenthusiast site: http://www.thezenthusiast.com |

Originally posted by maronee
    PS - by the way your Z31's famous here in japan, dude!!

If you could get depth measurments as well that would just be awesome!