V6 fairlady emblems

lecarde wrote: Hey everyone, apologies for the delay, but painting season is slowing to a crawl so I had a chance to finish the first emblem. Let me know what you all think, as well as any other possible color schemes you'd all like to see.

[attachment=0:1xbqgqa9]IMG_4377.JPG[/attachment:1xbqgqa9]
    PM sent … :twisted:
    '84Z31 GLL turbo|theZenthusiast site: http://www.thezenthusiast.com |

Originally posted by maronee
    PS - by the way your Z31's famous here in japan, dude!!

Master__09 wrote: I'm selling my Fairlady Z badge at the end of the week.

I'll scan it with a ruler for you all before I do so

cant wait to install that emblem on my red z :nanan?re
    86 NA
    87 Turbo
    Member of the "zetto sun-ichi" group

Local MN car forum/club anyone welcome..... fivezeroseven.net join!

What's the news on the S130 badge? The emblem on the nose of my 86 is MIA and I really want one of these.

I'm probably speaking too soon, but one of my friends from high school now lives in Japan and is pretty big into cars. I've sent him a Facebook message to see if there's anything he can do to find these bitches.

z car go;319965 wrote: What's the news on the S130 badge? The emblem on the nose of my 86 is MIA and I really want one of these.
    http://z31performance.com/showthread…rogress-thread
    '84Z31 GLL turbo|theZenthusiast site: http://www.thezenthusiast.com |

Originally posted by maronee
    PS - by the way your Z31's famous here in japan, dude!!

Slight thread necro here… Does anyone have hi-res scans of these badges and dimensions?

I might be able to do a small run of repro's but need to make some prototypes to test quality. If anyone can get me the scans/drawings (or if they already have it), that would be verrrry helpful.

Teaser.... Just a note, the edges are rough because this was done with a low quality image (pixelated noooo). The dimensions are also probably not correct. I could clean up the photo but figured I might as well hold out for a high-res starting point.

Justin
    1986 NA 2-seater
    SCCA Solo E-Street Prepared #31
    Race Videos
    Build Thread

Cool, are you able to print 3d formats? If I had good scans and clear dimensions (scanned with a ruler for example) I could make 3d versions with rounded edges

I could get access to a 3d printer, but haven't really bothered in going through all the logistics to use it yet. This was done with a co2 laser cutter. Rounded edges might be a pain, but in principle I could try by doing light rastering at the edges of each letter. The etched surface here is a little rough (you have this horizontal line pattern), but I think that can be smoothed out if I sat down and optimized the laser power/speed settings a little bit. I think this can be a nice cheap & fast way of doing it for those that don't want to fork over a lot of money for these emblems.

Any ideas for painting the chrome lettering?
    Justin
    1986 NA 2-seater
    SCCA Solo E-Street Prepared #31
    Race Videos
    Build Thread

frostvectron;n761801 wrote: Any ideas for painting the chrome lettering?
    1artworkz would be best to ask, but I have seen liquid chrome paint that only requires wetting the underlying part with water

Wow, that's pretty good for a pixelated image.

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily