V6 fairlady emblems

Lrobineaux wrote: If you could get depth measurments as well that would just be awesome!
    will do ..
    '84Z31 GLL turbo|theZenthusiast site: http://www.thezenthusiast.com |

Originally posted by maronee
    PS - by the way your Z31's famous here in japan, dude!!

Still got some sanding to do, but the master mold should be ready by the end of next week. Prices on plastic version should range between $50-75. Metal version still in development.
    [attachment=0:19awtgem]IMG_3756.JPG[/attachment:19awtgem]

Nicely done and with the Z31 Z logo, so have you tried painting any yet? Also how will it be designed to mount?

lecarde wrote: Still got some sanding to do, but the master mold should be ready by the end of next week. Prices on plastic version should range between $50-75. Metal version still in development.
    [attachment=0:2l26hxf2]IMG_3756.JPG[/attachment:2l26hxf2]
    $50-$75 appears reasonable to me.

Richard_85ZXT wrote:
    Nicely done and with the Z31 Z logo, so have you tried painting any yet? Also how will it be designed to mount?
    Agreed .. very nice. I especially like the Z31 style "Z".

I've just been too busy to get the badge out of my collection (it's packaged away to protect it) to get measurements.

I don't think it'll matter too much quiz, I just figured if they are around I could talk to someone about it but since it's already been done not a lot of urgency on it.

lecarde wrote: Still got some sanding to do, but the master mold should be ready by the end of next week. Prices on plastic version should range between $50-75. Metal version still in development.
    [attachment=0:29q6o065]IMG_3756.JPG[/attachment:29q6o065]
    If a batch of these are made… I WILL buy one. Price seems fair.

So will I. It's pretty damn awesome.

Hey Inqui-Z-tor, I'll pay you for the measurements just to make it worth your while. I'm trying to write a MasterCam program to make these out of aluminum, and I want them to be exact.

Richard_85ZXT wrote: Nicely done and with the Z31 Z logo, so have you tried painting any yet? Also how will it be designed to mount?
    I've done some experimentation on a coloring few failed casts. Still trying to figure out the best color scheme. I'm thinking it'll probably just mount via double sided 3m trim tape.

Hey everyone, apologies for the delay, but painting season is slowing to a crawl so I had a chance to finish the first emblem. Let me know what you all think, as well as any other possible color schemes you'd all like to see.

[attachment=0:useulvlh]IMG_4377.JPG[/attachment:useulvlh]

looks good, but not as great as the original?
    is it ever going to look that well done?
    if so, maybe i'll order a custom color if you're up for it.

LIKE :super As I said before, I'll buy one when the first batch is made.

V6 Fairlady Emblems like these ?

About 5 years ago i promised these to Nissan Egg

And i was a douche and never got back to him about them - sorry Nissan Egg Totally forgot until this topic came up.

I am going to see about sending these to you once i am done taking full measurements and making an exact drawing/3dmodel of the originals.

This is my actual set - not somebody else's, they have been sitting outside on a parts car for 5 years - i had no idea they were actually worth anything.
    85 Turbo Slick Top
    __________________________________________________ _____

Lrobineaux wrote: Hey Inqui-Z-tor, I'll pay you for the measurements just to make it worth your while. I'm trying to write a MasterCam program to make these out of aluminum, and I want them to be exact.
    Sorry I didn't read this thread until now. I'll get on it this week. Should have measurements by the weekend.

I'm selling my Fairlady Z badge at the end of the week.

I'll scan it with a ruler for you all before I do so