CARBON FIBER PARTS

• CARBON FIBER PARTS

so.. im thinking about getting my hands on some CF and making some parts for our cars that noone else makes for them. ex: plenum covers ( ive only seen one or two made ), headlight covers (the lid on top of the housing ), misc interior pieces.. if and when i perfect this thought, would anyone be interested in somethin like this? ive thought about remaking the SS lip or kaminari lip in CF.. maybe ss sideskirts or again kaminari sideskirts… any thoughts about this would be helpful towards this success. personally i think it is a badass idea and im ready to kick it off right!!! peace out for now.
    … gettin sidewayZ isnt an action, its a way of life.

Go ahead and do it. But I will warn you out of every 10 people that say they are going to tackle something like that, 10 of them do not. So you will want to pardon the coming skepticism.
    88SS - #300 - http://z31performance.com/showthread.php?18360

Make some for yourself if you want, showcase your finished product on here, THEN survey for demand. Some of that stuff sounds cool to me (body pieces), if it can be done right. Other stuff like CF headlight covers and plenum covers (keep your design fairly generic if you want people to buy it) would suit a very small crowd i would think. Good luck, mate.

1985 330Z

ya people say they are gonna do it and like he said 10 out of 10 dont.. maybe 1 out of a 100 do… BUT if you make stuff like that.. people will be interested.. always looking for cool stuff for the z!!!
    86 NA auto 2+2 with 300k miles, now turbo with 5 speed

ya i know what you all mean, about the only few do it thing. turns out i found someone in cali from info on here that does the ss lip in CF and the TBO one the same.. but hes asking 195 + 80-100 in shipping but that wont shy me away from doing other parts that would match.. im going to start on the plenum and headlight covers, maybe the power window switch covers and center console pieces then move up to the stock side skirts and stock wing.. but once i get into this job im about to lock onto.. my first bit of cash is going into a cf kit and exhaust for the z.. but i deffinately plan on making this happen.. it would be dope to have the vis made CF hood with the headlight covers to match.. and etc. i will keep yal posted because i dont plan on half steppin!!

Have you worked with CF before?
    86na - BlueZ
    Shiro #366 - Kouki Monster
    85t - Mr Tickles

no but i get the general concept.. and im not stupid so i figure its worth a shot at trying… especially if i get it rite

I want carbon fiber T tops. No not T top shades… actual t-tops.
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20… underway for summertime daily driver.

z31_hardb0dy wrote: no but i get the general concept.. and im not stupid so i figure its worth a shot at trying… especially if i get it rite
    I've worked with CF before. It's hard… not as bad as one might think, but if you don't have any time in making fiberglass molds, you're gonna fuck the first ones up. Then again, maybe that's just me. But my advice would be to practice making FRP first since its much cheaper. Then jump into the carbon.
    Feedback- viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19840

satan, you are deff on the same track i am. me and my buddy where talking about that yesterday. i have the perfect idea for the t-tops. once i can get my skills up thats one thing ill be looking into for sure. thinking about just remaking the glass part in CF, and putting the trim and locking mechanism around it. but if i can make the entire thing (which would be hella harder) ill do it. im gonna get my hands on an extra set of t-top glasses, 84-86 headlight lids and 87-89 lids, along with an extra side skirt set and whatever i can think of and start small and work up. ill be hittin the j yard up soon for sure. ill keep yal posted i think i start new job next week

hahaha just posted a topic like this didnt even see this one GRRRR

http://www.neospeed.freeforums.org
    1985 300zx n/a Regretfully Retired
    1997 240sx srdet Sadfully Sold
    (!Attention!) If you have an 85 - 89 thats not stripped out a shell rolling body preferred contact me at330 328 2789 (ask for rick)

If you build it, they will buy.

Guess I need to find some time to get back on my fiberglass t-tops before somebody else steals my thunder
    Originally posted by adamvann3
    Hmm I normally jack off my rear x-member.

cerealwars wrote: Make some for yourself if you want, showcase your finished product on here, THEN survey for demand. Some of that stuff sounds cool to me (body pieces), if it can be done right. Other stuff like CF headlight covers and plenum covers (keep your design fairly generic if you want people to buy it) would suit a very small crowd i would think. Good luck, mate.
    lol love you're sig.