CARBON FIBER PARTS

z-flash wrote: ^What he said^
    Actual CF t-tops !
    lol haters :nanan?re
    1989 Nissan 300zx Turbo "MAW Edition"
    viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10617

Dr. Pepper PhD. wrote: Go ahead and do it. But I will warn you out of every 10 people that say they are going to tackle something like that, 10 of them do not. So you will want to pardon the coming skepticism.

SATAN wrote: I want carbon fiber T tops. No not T top shades… actual t-tops.
    No roll cage = shattered carbon t-tops. Not an issue for those of us with cages. I guess shattered might be an exaggeration but I bet stress cracks form pretty rapidly.
    The bullshit stops, when the GREEN light drops.

Only babies cry about the bottle.

dont roll it lol and there wont be any stressing, or cracking :nanan?re
    … gettin sidewayZ isnt an action, its a way of life.

z31_hardb0dy wrote: dont roll it lol and there wont be any stressing, or cracking :nanan?re
    I beg to differ on that. Drive your car with the T-Tops in, and then immediately after with t-tops out. That chassis flex being transmitted to full carbon fiber t-tops is going to cause some issues. But then again, maybe no one drives their car really hard.

Then why wouldn't the glass tops shatter? I understand they are tempered, but still adding force to the outer edge of tempered glass will cause it to shatter.
    Originally posted by adamvann3
    Hmm I normally jack off my rear x-member.

[quote]ZFast88Z wrote:
    Originally posted by z31_hardb0dy
    dont roll it lol and there wont be any stressing, or cracking :nanan?re
    I beg to differ on that. Drive your car with the T-Tops in, and then immediately after with t-tops out. That chassis flex being transmitted to full carbon fiber t-tops is going to cause some issues. But then again, maybe no one drives their car really hard.
    If you would ever fab up those chassis braces..... maybe the car would flex less. Just sayin
    86na - BlueZ
    Shiro #366 - Kouki Monster
    85t - Mr Tickles

I just caged the car. Why. Because race car.

No pictures? Because, no exist.

ZFast88Z wrote: I just caged the car. Why. Because race car.
    Thats fine. You can make me chassis bracing.
    86na - BlueZ
    85t - Mr Tickles

Which ones do you want made? And what are they worth to you?

ZFast88Z wrote: Which ones do you want made? And what are they worth to you?
    Actually all I really want is a bolt in harness bar (c-pillar to floor with adjustment) and I will be happy for a while
    86na - BlueZ
    85t - Mr Tickles

How long til you put the car away for winter? Im sure we could whip something up for you to install over winter.

Carbon fiber does not have the same tensile strength as tempered glass. You have to get a lot of force on a small contact area to shatter the glass. That is not the case with the CF. That being said, I doubt there is enough chassis flex for 99.9% of z31 owners to break properly made CF ttops.
    88SS - #300 - http://z31performance.com/showthread.php?18360

im with you, its okay. gimme a few weeks and ill be starting on this t-top project, along with a few other goodies. just gathering my cash flow before i can start.
    … gettin sidewayZ isnt an action, its a way of life.