CARBON FIBER PARTS

I would be interested to see some of these pieces if you're able to turn them around looking pretty well, I'll keep an eye out on this.

Also, if you're gonna attempt to make some carbon fiber interior pieces (such as the pieces that go around the window switches), you may find it more profitable to not even make a carbon fiber version and just stick with some fiberglass. The weight reduction aspect would be nonexistant and some people would most likely get turned away from the prices when they could pull some from a jy car and just carbon fiber vinyl wrap them. But then again it would be carbon fiber and some people would buy it only for that reason, but it's just something I would think about if I were you. Good luck.

2001 Mazda Miata LS
    also a 1989 Nissan 240SX

50th AE Build Thread SOLD 2015

ZFast88Z wrote: How long til you put the car away for winter? Im sure we could whip something up for you to install over winter.
    The shiro is already away. But the mounting points should be pretty consistent for any z31 but I am sure you want to measure the height where the belts exit ect.... Only complicated part is two mandrel bends and possibly pipe coping.
    86na - BlueZ
    Shiro #366 - Kouki Monster
    85t - Mr Tickles

[quote]adamvann3 wrote:
    Originally posted by ZFast88Z
    How long til you put the car away for winter? Im sure we could whip something up for you to install over winter.
    The shiro is already away. But the mounting points should be pretty consistent for any z31 but I am sure you want to measure the height where the belts exit ect.... Only complicated part is two mandrel bends and possibly pipe coping.
    PM Sent
    The bullshit stops, when the GREEN light drops.

Only babies cry about the bottle.

Am I the only one that hates my stock sun visors, and the way they look, and would come off a chunk of change to have, CF or Fiberglass sun visors…?@?
    85T-2NA2T Exhaust delete,mbc2-10, syn. blend oil, GL4 in the tranny, Stock steering wheel, no t tops, bikini clad girls, cross-drilled brake lines, and a " HAHAHAHA F!@KIN SUPRA" sticker on the back!

Ya! I'm pushing 214hp/245tq! Thoroughbreds to one of the rear wheels

why carbon fiber wrap a glass if you can make the glass replacement, a 2-3 layer cf panel as the glass? would be lighter and should hold up.. and for you talking about the sun visors… to you mean the t-top cover visers?? or the actual sun visers to block the windshield blindness
    … gettin sidewayZ isnt an action, its a way of life.

I do mean the lil things that I can move around, that the passenger vagina always moves to check her lipstick, then never puts back in the right spot, the only thing in my 25 Y/O car that is cardboard, covered in foam, that is covered in fabric, the looks like bagged ass, that is always in my feild of view, that I won't take off my car if the pope asked me…

How many cars do you see rolling around with CF, of FGlass sun visors? NONE!!!, but how many cars need better ones? ALL!!!

To answer ur question, NO not the shades.., THE MF Visors!!!
    85T-2NA2T Exhaust delete,mbc2-10, syn. blend oil, GL4 in the tranny, Stock steering wheel, no t tops, bikini clad girls, cross-drilled brake lines, and a " HAHAHAHA F!@KIN SUPRA" sticker on the back!

Maybe there's a good reason nobody has CF sun visors lol. It's cool if you ever get some, but I'd like to keep fancy lookin with the leather and refurbished cloth. However, I do agree that many cars need better sun visors.

iamrobed wrote: I do mean the lil things that I can move around, that the passenger vagina always moves to check her lipstick, then never puts back in the right spot, […]
    I always wondered why people never ever put them back up! :lol:
    '85 z31 stock

z31_hardb0dy wrote: why carbon fiber wrap a glass if you can make the glass replacement, a 2-3 layer cf panel as the glass? would be lighter and should hold up
    You could replace just the glass in the T-Top with a carbon fiber panel (however its been found it is not easy to anchor the carbon fiber to the t-top frame). However if you attempt to replace the entire frame, with a carbon fiber frame, you're going to have stress/fatigue cracking issues.
    The bullshit stops, when the GREEN light drops.

Only babies cry about the bottle.

ZFast88Z wrote: you're going to have stress/fatigue cracking issues.
    Your guess is as good as anyones.

lol CF visors… thats an idea to play with. ya and you're rite on the stress issues with the t-top frames. but im still gonna take a few stabs at the t-top cf glass replacement!!! bwahahaha. but for real i gotta get movin on this stuff >.

With cars that have CF roofs, and targa style CF inserts......how do they get away from stress cracking? I know the m3CSL's roof was CF but was it just an outer skin or a whole section? I would think a piece like that would be subjected to quite a bit of twisting force.
    "Its the s12's sexy over weight step daughter, the z31"

CF Visors=WIN! Whats a general price on those?

lol not made yet, my funds are low. im going to the junkyard in a few days to get some extra parts then i gotta order the cf and resin and all that once my cash flow is proper. gimme a few more weeks and ill work it out

ill be comin out with this stuff soon, VA SUCKS for work. but getting there, just hold in there people. it WILL happen.

2001 Mazda Miata LS
    also a 1989 Nissan 240SX

50th AE Build Thread SOLD 2015