Z32 Clutch?

• Z32 Clutch?

Will a Z32 clutch work in a Z31?

My clutch gave up the ghost and I was trying to get a new one before next week when i go to PA but that probably wont happen, I'm broker than I though..

A friend of mine has a couple clutches that he messed with in his 240 RB25 swap and they use Z32 clutches…

It is a non turbo clutch setup he has

Any idea if they will work?

EDIT. ACT Seems to list the same part numbers for my both Z31 and Z32.. can anyone confirm this
    1989 300ZX 2+2 N/A GLL
    Auto to Manual Swap
    NA2T Complete

I know a z32 disk will work in a z31 because the spline is the same. Dont know about the PP. Anybody know for sure??
    Bolt on, fast, z31. You can only pick two.
    Old weaksauce numbers: 391hp/433tq

i know a flywheel won't work unless it's redrilled from 8 bolt to 6 bolt, but that's not really relevant lol.

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

haha of course people know the information I don't need..

If worse comes to worse.. I'll spend the 2-3 hours dropping my tranny trying and hoping it works and post results so its set in stone..

but I would hope maybe someone has a Z32 PP and Z31 PP they can compare..

The only thing I could think of that might be the case as I checked a few differant manufacutures part numbers and they vary between Z31/Z32 NA 240MM clutch kits..

ACT's PP maybe drilled for both?
    1989 300ZX 2+2 N/A GLL
    Auto to Manual Swap
    NA2T Complete

shady i do have a spare fly wheel that this could be tested on. it mighty be easier than dropping the tranny to find out
    86na2t + holset

feedback
    viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6114&hilit=andrew+gardner

Ill give you a call later on the drive up there is worth the avoidence of many aggrivated hours haha
    1989 300ZX 2+2 N/A GLL
    Auto to Manual Swap
    NA2T Complete

meeting up with gardner tommorow morning to see if this biznitch mates up
    1989 300ZX 2+2 N/A GLL
    Auto to Manual Swap
    NA2T Complete

So heres the news:

A 240MM Z32 N/A Pressure plate/clutch will bolt up to a Z31 flywheel just fine.. Went to gardners today and everything lines up just fine

To completely 100% confrim this I will be installing the setup in my car next week..
    1989 300ZX 2+2 N/A GLL
    Auto to Manual Swap
    NA2T Complete

Shady195 wrote: So heres the news:

A 240MM Z32 N/A Pressure plate/clutch will bolt up to a Z31 flywheel just fine.. Went to gardners today and everything lines up just fine

To completely 100% confrim this I will be installing the setup in my car next week..
    To bad I just saw this, could have saved you a trip. I have both a 1990 NA Z32 Flywheel/clutch/PP and the Z31 stuff to compare. Lemme know if you need pics..

if you wouldent mind taking pics of the Z31 and Z32 PP on the Z31 flywheel to compare thatd be great..

As in the wdith of both of them and whatnot
    1989 300ZX 2+2 N/A GLL
    Auto to Manual Swap
    NA2T Complete

so this means a TT PP and clutch kit will also work on a Z31?

he gives me shit all the time about the money i spend on my car but he simply doenst understand what type of "high" you get from watching a stock car transform into something alive with as much emotion and feelings as any human.
    Originally posted by PurePontiacKid
    My god… 10 pages and so far he's only pulled the motor out of the donor car, and bought some valvetrain parts for it? way to be proactive guys.

^^If you have the 250mm flywheel. Im glad this info is coming out…sure does open up a lot of clutch options for us.

New 2 Z wrote: so this means a TT PP and clutch kit will also work on a Z31?
    Possibly.. I doubt theres any big difference other than the 10mm diameter but as far as I've played with myself I can only confirm that a 240MM N/A Z32 pressure plate will bolt up to a Z31 N/A pressure plate..

But I dont see why a Z32 TT pressure plate wont work with a Z31 T pressure plate as well

And yes this will give Z31 owners quite a varity more of clutch chices…
    1989 300ZX 2+2 N/A GLL
    Auto to Manual Swap
    NA2T Complete

People with fidanza flywheels SHOULD be able to use the TT 250mm clutch. I need a new clutch so this came around in just the right time. I think i'll go with ACT 6 puck…something i know will not slip.

Matt89 wrote: People with fidanza flywheels SHOULD be able to use the TT 250mm clutch. I need a new clutch so this came around in just the right time. I think i'll go with ACT 6 puck…something i know will not slip.
    My friend had it in his RB25 240.. It's acctualy the clutch setup I'll be getting for free, he only used it last summer and its still good so it will work for now..

Had a great feel to it.. but the pedal is quite heavy.. Personaly I like it but thats just me

Grips hard.. once you learn the on/off threshold its a nice clutch to drive with
    1989 300ZX 2+2 N/A GLL
    Auto to Manual Swap
    NA2T Complete