Z32 Clutch?

I actually like a heavier clutch..it inspires more confidence. Thats one thing i never liked about the dxd is it felt like stock.
    Bolt on, fast, z31. You can only pick two.
    Old weaksauce numbers: 391hp/433tq

Matt89 wrote: I actually like a heavier clutch..it inspires more confidence. Thats one thing i never liked about the dxd is it felt like stock.
    Thats my only problem with DXD..

I myself too like a heavier clutch, it makes it feel more sturdy like you acctualy have a performance clutch.. I suppose how you worded it pretty much sums it up..

Granted somedays when your really tired in day time traffic it does suck at times but it makes a man feel good to know that his 500lb leg presses are comming in handy :nanan?re
    1989 300ZX 2+2 N/A GLL
    Auto to Manual Swap
    NA2T Complete

z

This information should be stickied somewhere!
    1989 300ZX 2+2 N/A GLL
    Auto to Manual Swap
    NA2T Complete

What about using a z33 disk? Does anyone know if the spline is the same?
    Bolt on, fast, z31. You can only pick two.
    Old weaksauce numbers: 391hp/433tq

zmech wrote: Yes. The Z32 and Z33 pressure plate will work just fine with the Z31 flywheels. I am currently using the Z33 one on my 50th and have previously used the Z32 ones. If you like the Z32 one then you will really like the Z33 one. The cantilever ratio is different and it engages more quickly. Also the Z33 PP is 850KG with a light pedal.
    People have been using Z32NA clutch kits for years, because it shares the bolt pattern and critical distances with all the 240mm Z31 flywheels.

Yes again, I agree that the Z33 clutch pressure plate is a very substantial improvement over the standard Z31 clutch. All DXD clutches for all models except 87-89T with SS or FE-X pressure plates (not the base HD) now use the Z33 pressure plate because it offers better clamp load, softer pedal, and the same pricetag. This also allows use of a 250mm disc with the 240mm flywheels, for even more torque capacity. About time for people to start throwing those 250mm (87-89T) flywheels in the scrap pile.

z

so you are using a full z33 clutch kit?…im looking for a clutch that will hold at least 600 ft lbs of torque i have a dxd stage 4 and it is now slipping plus i dont really like the stock feeling petal u have any clutch advice as to which is good?

Shady195 wrote: if you wouldent mind taking pics of the Z31 and Z32 PP on the Z31 flywheel to compare thatd be great..

As in the wdith of both of them and whatnot
    Sure. I should be able to do that this weekend, if I make it back from the Wall.

[quote]zmech wrote:
    Originally posted by Matt89
    I can check the spline count when I get home. I have the Z33 trans in the garage.
    BTW: why use the Z33 disk when the Z31 disk fits just fine??
    Only one reason: because it is 250mm instead of 240mm.
    You can't use a 250mm disc on the "240mm" flywheel with the Z31 240mm pressure plate, but you can use a 250mm disc with the 350Z pressure plate on the "240mm" flywheel.

TurboZkid wrote:
    so you are using a full z33 clutch kit?…im looking for a clutch that will hold at least 600 ft lbs of torque i have a dxd stage 4 and it is now slipping plus i dont really like the stock feeling petal u have any clutch advice as to which is good?
    Your Stage 4 is slipping? How much power is your car making? That can be taken care of…
    Yes… with the exception of a few changes to the kit to suit the Z31, it is essentially a 350Z clutch.

z

[quote]Jason84NA2T wrote: [quote=zmech]
    I can check the spline count when I get home. I have the Z33 trans in the garage.
    BTW: why use the Z33 disk when the Z31 disk fits just fine??
    Only one reason: because it is 250mm instead of 240mm.
    You can't use a 250mm disc on the "240mm" flywheel with the Z31 240mm pressure plate, but you can use a 250mm disc with the 350Z pressure plate on the "240mm" flywheel.

TurboZkid wrote:
    Your Stage 4 is slipping? How much power is your car making? That can be taken care of…
    Yes… with the exception of a few changes to the kit to suit the Z31, it is essentially a 350Z clutch.
    the car is making only about 325rwhp but i have found that the rear main may be leaking....is there any way to save a clutch that has been introduced to oil???

z

don't get super clean on aluminum if it requires tight tolerance or precision. it eats it.

ive had a z32 tt clutch in my car for six months now. its been great so far. its an 88 turbo flywheel redrilled with a nissan oem tt clutch.

Foreign and Domestic Autocare