M30 ecu

• M30 ecu

anyone using one on their Z31? they have a port for a consult cable? does that mean the m30 ecu would be a better choice for tuning?

yes. yes. and yes.
    search. there's a sticky.

been searchin, cant find anything

but they have a different connecter ? its 1 plug not 3

the m30 ecu is one plug. its cheaper to have the 88t ecu modified for nistune anyway, thats why i was asking. im all about least money spent and time invested. i thought that maybe with the m30 ecu since it already had the data port that it would be easier/cheaper to go that route, but it only has one plug and it costs 20 bucks more to have it modified with nistune stuff. i might be wrong about some/all of this? its just what i have come to from readin about it.

best thing to do for an M30 ecu is to cut a broken Z31 ecu into pieces and take the connectors. then make a patch harness that goes from the Z31 ecu plugs to the M30 pigtail harness. then you can plug it right in to your Z31 harness and if it takes a crap, you can put a Z31 ECU back in.

THEBEAST wrote: the m30 ecu is one plug. its cheaper to have the 88t ecu modified for nistune anyway, thats why i was asking. im all about least money spent and time invested. i thought that maybe with the m30 ecu since it already had the data port that it would be easier/cheaper to go that route, but it only has one plug and it costs 20 bucks more to have it modified with nistune stuff. i might be wrong about some/all of this? its just what i have come to from readin about it.
    Lots of bonuses for M30 ecu, sequential injector firing (under3k rpms), ability to use auto TPS for better throttle control, consult port (kind of negated by nistune). THere are more, just a quick thing from memory when I was getting mine to set up.

cool, i just havent seen alot about the m30 ecu. so what would be better to use with nistune on a boosted Z31? m30 or 88T ecu?

My nistune setup works just fine with my 88 NA ecu in a 88…yeah its a mutt. VG33ET…

I just plug my usb cable in a new usb port thats installed with nistune. No need for a second consult cable…

~Alex
    splatter fake blood on fubar'd quarter and roll out.

pedestrians=mobile clipping points -Benedict on PurePontiackid's 280zx

M30 offers advantages.
    Hmmm, Whats next?
    Full Size Bronco, smashing shit.

84ZXT

know anyone using a m30 ecu in their Z31

A few. They have been used for years.
    Hmmm, Whats next?
    Full Size Bronco, smashing shit.

84ZXT

Careless wrote: yes. yes. and yes.
    search. there's a sticky.
    Careless im looking for that thred but i cant find it either. do you have the link?

[quote]cjlewisz31 wrote:
    Originally posted by Careless
    yes. yes. and yes.
    search. there's a sticky.Careless im looking for that thred but i cant find it either. do you have the link?
    i have had no luck finding it either.

the only thing i can think of is either jason deleted it when the site was down for some time or its under some random name that you wouldnt have guessed cuz iv done a search and looked through all the stickies i could find.