M30 ecu

Ssooooo, what we're saying here is that the ecu from an infinity m30, 90-93. Will work on a Z31, but they have to be bridged???..... I have an 88t, pretty much the key to tuning the Z31, would it be easier to send it off to nistune? Or going the m30 route?

M30 is considered superior in terms of technology and features, requires some additional work to get it to work.

nismo85z wrote: Ssooooo, what we're saying here is that the ecu from an infinity m30, 90-93. Will work on a Z31, but they have to be bridged???..... I have an 88t, pretty much the key to tuning the Z31, would it be easier to send it off to nistune? Or going the m30 route?
    the m30 ecu saves you on fuel bellow 3k rpms. i cant think of any other resone why you would if youre planning on going the nistune route. but im no expert on this so if anyone else wants to add their 2¢ please do so =)

[quote]cjlewisz31 wrote:
    Originally posted by nismo85z
    Ssooooo, what we're saying here is that the ecu from an infinity m30, 90-93. Will work on a Z31, but they have to be bridged???..... I have an 88t, pretty much the key to tuning the Z31, would it be easier to send it off to nistune? Or going the m30 route?the m30 ecu saves you on fuel bellow 3k rpms. i cant think of any other resone why you would if youre planning on going the nistune route. but im no expert on this so if anyone else wants to add their 2¢ please do so =)
    proper throttle enrichment instead of on/off?

oh ya the tps is diff. does anyone know if the rev limiter is fuel cut or spark cut?

Why not get nistune for the m30 and have both?
    "Its the s12's sexy over weight step daughter, the z31"

nismopu wrote: Why not get nistune for the m30 and have both?
    exactly!

IIRC, another benefit for the M30 ECU is that you have 6 injector drivers vs. 2 with the Z31 ECU. It’s believed that when switching to larger injectors it becomes hard on the 2 drivers and can possibly burn them out rendering your ECU broken and not worth fixing.

How big is too big? Feedback I received from a few members is somewhere north of 800cc. I am running 850cc FIC’s and had no problem last summer. However, I just recently went for the N62 MAS upgrade and the Z31 ECU is dead. It got hot and died. I have no idea as to what the cause may have been. Luckily I was at the junkyard and ran across a M30 and snagged the ECU and 12” of wiring loom a couple of years ago.

Hopefully when I’m finished I’ll have an accurate wiring diagram that’ll make the conversion a little easier for others if they’re interested.

How big is too big? Feedback I received from a few members is somewhere north of 800cc. I am running 850cc FIC’s and had no problem last summer. However, I just recently went for the N62 MAS upgrade and the Z31 ECU is dead. It got hot and died. I have no idea as to what the cause may have been. Luckily I was at the junkyard and ran across a M30 and snagged the ECU and 12” of wiring loom a couple of years ago.
    I ran 1680cc injectors with e85 for a while with no problems.
    lm7 swapped z
    350z 6speed
    s475 turbo
    microsquirt ems
    street car
    http://www.youtube.com/user/redz31t?blend=21&ob=5

I don't understand how orifice size makes a difference to the injector coil.. you still move something with next to no mass against fuel pressure that isn't holding it shut

z31t wrote:
    I ran 1680cc injectors with e85 for a while with no problems.
    That's awesome man!! I'm just trying to get through this swap and help the next guy out. There were some questions here and there and on nistune that lead to some PM’s about resolution and how low large injectors could go with latency or dead time and not fry the drivers.

Sorry that I didn’t state the whp goal, 450whp with E-85 and Nistune in a Z31 with a VG30.

Would a 88t ecu be able to use m30 injectors? Or would i need to use resistors? Any differences between 88t injectors and m30 injectors? Im sore they are smaller

THEBEAST wrote: Would a 88t ecu be able to use m30 injectors? Or would i need to use resistors? Any differences between 88t injectors and m30 injectors? Im sore they are smaller
    The m30 injectors are the same as the na z31 @160ish cc's. As for impidence i believe, but not sure, they are the same.

[quote]cjlewisz31 wrote:
    Originally posted by THEBEAST
    Would a 88t ecu be able to use m30 injectors? Or would i need to use resistors? Any differences between 88t injectors and m30 injectors? Im sore they are smallerThe m30 injectors are the same as the na z31 @160ish cc's. As for impidence i believe, but not sure, they are the same.
    No NA Z31 ever had 160cc injectors.....they are 180cc.....hell, even 280Zs are 180cc. M30s are high imp. 180cc injectors, just like 88-89 Z31s.
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

Ok i wasnt really sure on the cc's but i figured they were the same for both cars refering to the years.