Megasquirt info

• [quote]Black 89Turbo wrote:
    Originally posted by datsun1200_vg30et:1auywxie
    I use the nissan power transistor, i think is better and stronger.
    how would you use the oem transistor on MS3[/quote:1auywxie]
    I've used MS1 and 2 on V3.0 like this.

Spark inverted NO!

The power transistor has 3 wires, ground, (-) coil, and trigger from megasquirt.

Green is signal from megasquirt, blue is (-), and black is ground

Datsun 240z L28ET.
    Datsun 1500 1971 VG30ET.
    Datsun 280zx 5.3 vortec turbo.

• Good to know. Glad were getting some good thoughts/ inputs on this topic. Im surprised more Z's arent on MS. I am trying to prevent from taking the computer apart and socketing anything at this point. The reason is b/c i have not got the car running yet and i want to elimante all problems that may make the car not start ect. Should get to start it up.....Today!.....at least make an attempt lol
    89' Turbo-R.I.P. (scrapped)
    87' NA all parts swapped from 89', Stance, 3.3 long block, hx35w, Injector Dynamics 1000cc, isky cams, pathfinder intake, front mount, megasquirt v3.57 w/MS3X
    07 Frontier XE <----(turd) daily

• "Its the s12's sexy over weight step daughter, the z31"

• Exactly whats being worked on. Hopefully the Z's can utilize everything MS has to offer now.
    87' NA all parts swapped from 89', Stance, 3.3 long block, hx35w, Injector Dynamics 1000cc, isky cams, pathfinder intake, front mount, megasquirt v3.57 w/MS3X

• [quote]datsun1200_vg30et wrote:
    Originally posted by Wastegate
    Anyone mind hosting a base map for a bone stock 85 turbo 5 speed on MS2? Blozup had one however he took his awesome site down lol. Please host your write up again or your new one as it was extremely helpful!!
    what firmware do you have?
    Sorry for the late post but will be running MS2E 3.1.1
    But Im still trouble shooting serial comm connection problems. Im using the DIYauto usb adapter, And all the tests (miniterm in tunerstudio/ voltage tests.) are checking out fine, yet im getting timed out error 0xE0… Ill be posting on MSE forums. Need to try another computer I suppose. However Thank you Bloz and black for all the info as I have a 85 ex-automatic and still want to run stock igniter and such. Anyone running the boost controller off FIDL? I have it wired so far.

• Wastegate wrote:
    Sorry for the late post but will be running MS2E 3.1.1
    But Im still trouble shooting serial comm connection problems. Im using the DIYauto usb adapter, And all the tests (miniterm in tunerstudio/ voltage tests.) are checking out fine, yet im getting timed out error 0xE0… Ill be posting on MSE forums. Need to try another computer I suppose. However Thank you Bloz and black for all the info as I have a 85 ex-automatic and still want to run stock igniter and such. Anyone running the boost controller off FIDL? I have it wired so far.
    I run MS2 2.1, my msq files are different.

Datsun 240z L28ET.
    Datsun 1500 1971 VG30ET.
    Datsun 280zx 5.3 vortec turbo.

• It's kind of a bad idea to just copy someone's whole MSQ. What's good is to post VEXs or screen grabs of whatever setting you are needing.
    BLOZ UP.com
    It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

• Im in a hole atm. Not using GM AIT & CLT and idk what im going to input for the calibrations…1 step forward, 2 steps back

• If you are using the Nissan CTS, it's in the FSM. What are you using for IAT?
    BLOZ UP.com
    It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

• using rx7 coolent temp. its a 2 wire. AIT i forgot actually. Its a standard square plug like the injectors ect… i just grabbed a book at the parts store and found one i liked....i totaly forgot to run GM ones. ill check tomo to see what iat it is.

• Im also trying to find the AIT Calibrations. Its a Wells SU4978. This ones going to be hard. might be easier to just swap sensor to gm. The reason i used this sensor b/c its short. its a nice sensor to put in line. The AIT sensor is in the IC pipe.

Sensor:
    http://www.mypartsgarage.com/wells-well … -4141.html

• A RX7 Collent temp sensor will screw into the factor Intake (The reason i used) Here are the calibrations for a Rx7 and Rx8.

Rx8:The rx-8 Fsm states it's coolant sensor as
    20C(68*f) 2.2k-2.7k
    80C(176*f) 287-239
    91C(196*f) 227-240

Rx7:
    -20c (-4f) 16.2K = 16200
    20c (68f) 2.5K = 2500
    80c (176f) 0.3K = 300

• What was wrong with the Z31 CTS?
    BLOZ UP.com

• Black 89Turbo wrote: Im also trying to find the AIT Calibrations. Its a Wells SU4978. This ones going to be hard. might be easier to just swap sensor to gm. The reason i used this sensor b/c its short. its a nice sensor to put in line. The AIT sensor is in the IC pipe.

Sensor:
    http://www.mypartsgarage.com/wells-well … -4141.html
    I have a GM IAT you can have, if you pay the shipping. I can maybe even just cut the pipe it is on, so you have the bung. It is also a piece of history, came from tmbg's car, the man who started this tread.
    Hmmm, Whats next?
    Full Size Bronco, smashing shit.

84ZXT

• One wire and i myself feel alot better with a 2 wire. Its Ok, all is well. threw a GM ait in there. Bloz up, Im stuck. Using the stock cas/coil, what ignition settings are you using? under Ignition settings, Ignition settings/wheel decoder i have no clue what to go from. We use optical dizzys and theres no optical dizzy selection? Also the coil blew up. split in 2. was in the car on the lap top and smelled something. Wires werent really hot. coil is F'ed. I think i know why and fixed it. No worries got more coils. All i need is ign settings