Megasquirt info

• Wait..Confused. SparkA is pin 14 witch is hooked to nothing. Now do i have to Run the Oem Ignitor to pin 14 and not use pin 36? Idk how the ignition gets hooked up now. Im confused.
    89' Turbo-R.I.P. (scrapped)
    87' NA all parts swapped from 89', Stance, 3.3 long block, hx35w, Injector Dynamics 1000cc, isky cams, pathfinder intake, front mount, megasquirt v3.57 w/MS3X
    07 Frontier XE <----(turd) daily

• Black 89Turbo wrote: Im going to try this. Somethihg else i noticed. The fuel pump its on its own relay. THere's 12v, 12v ign, fuel pump, Pin 37 fuel pump. Pin 37 is hooked to the "ground" on the relay (85). WHen the key was turned on the fuel pump used to run for a split second like it should. Now it does not turn on at all. If i ground pin 85 on the relay the pump turns on like it should. I wonder why the ECU quite "grounding" the relay.
    What did you change since?

MS-2 Extra has a fuel pump test function, you'd have to look in TunerStudio to see if you can do the same.
    BLOZ UP.com
    It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

• Black 89Turbo wrote: Wait..Confused. SparkA is pin 14 witch is hooked to nothing. Now do i have to Run the Oem Ignitor to pin 14 and not use pin 36? Idk how the ignition gets hooked up now. Im confused.
    Yup.

Either connect 36 to the coil
    or connect pin 14 to the Nissan ignitor.

If I were you, I would try the first option first, since it's probably easier. This would use the MS3X coil driver. I think.
    BLOZ UP.com
    It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

• [quote]BLOZ UP wrote:
    Originally posted by Black 89Turbo:2557h728
    Wait..Confused. SparkA is pin 14 witch is hooked to nothing. Now do i have to Run the Oem Ignitor to pin 14 and not use pin 36? Idk how the ignition gets hooked up now. Im confused.
    Yup.

Either connect 36 to the coil
    or connect pin 14 to the Nissan ignitor.

If I were you, I would try the first option first, since it's probably easier. This would use the MS3X coil driver. I think.[/quote:2557h728]

Thats how its setup now. - side on coil is to pin 36
    87' NA all parts swapped from 89', Stance, 3.3 long block, hx35w, Injector Dynamics 1000cc, isky cams, pathfinder intake, front mount, megasquirt v3.57 w/MS3X

• [quote]BLOZ UP wrote:
    Originally posted by Black 89Turbo:2wwr3uy3
    Im going to try this. Somethihg else i noticed. The fuel pump its on its own relay. THere's 12v, 12v ign, fuel pump, Pin 37 fuel pump. Pin 37 is hooked to the "ground" on the relay (85). WHen the key was turned on the fuel pump used to run for a split second like it should. Now it does not turn on at all. If i ground pin 85 on the relay the pump turns on like it should. I wonder why the ECU quite "grounding" the relay.
    What did you change since?

MS-2 Extra has a fuel pump test function, you'd have to look in TunerStudio to see if you can do the same.[/quote:2wwr3uy3]

Nothing besides ign. settings.

• This is the basic jist of the wiring. How the coil is wired pretty much

• Ok, it's not LED output.

Can you test to see if JS10 and pin 36 have continuity?
    BLOZ UP.com

• BLOZ UP wrote: Ok, it's not LED output.

Yea probably. i have to take the computer apart again i suppose. This is kinda a head scratcher. I also tryed to set the computer up on JS10. and it didnt work.

• [quote]Black 89Turbo wrote:
    Originally posted by BLOZ UP:u0kmc21h
    Ok, it's not LED output.

Yea probably. i have to take the computer apart again i suppose. This is kinda a head scratcher. I also tryed to set the computer up on JS10. and it didnt work.[/quote:u0kmc21h]

Yes there is continuity from Pin 36 to JS10.

• Pin 36's trace goes straight to the orange jumper wire then the jumper wire goes to JS10

• I see, that pin14 is on the MS3X connector. Forgot about that. But it's a logic level output, not enough to drive a coil.

It doesn't appear that the MS3X board has a coil driver. So, pin 36 won't work. I am wondering why it's jumpered to JS10, though.

On second thought, to avoid potentially frying your MS, don't hook up 36 to the coil. I hope it's not too late.

You're going to need to do what Matt said, wire the nissan transistor to pin 14 on the MS3X board, and set it up for MS3X in TS.
    BLOZ UP.com

• BLOZ UP wrote: I see, that pin14 is on the MS3X connector. Forgot about that. But it's a logic level output, not enough to drive a coil.

It doesn't appear that the MS3X board has a coil driver. So, pin 36 won't work. I am wondering why it's jumpered to JS10, though.

On second thought, to avoid potentially frying your MS, don't hook up 36 to the coil. I hope it's not too late.

You're going to need to do what Matt said, wire the nissan transistor to pin 14 on the MS3X board, and set it up for MS3X in TS.
    Idk if anything is Fried yet. Nothing on the board is black and no signs of getting hot but something could be fried already. It's like 50-50 atm if somethings fried or not. The coils been hooked up to pin 36 since day 1 and has probably 3hrs of "on time". Im getting fed up with this MS so fast its rediculous. When the people that build the damn thing cant tell you whats going on…wtf. I made a post on the msextra forum and i doubt ill get somone that knows wtf to do.

• I have no idea how to hook it up to pin 14. I guess i can just De-pin Pin 36 and plug it into 14. what leads me to believe somethings fried is the fuel pump issue:

When the key is turned on, the fuel pump used to run for a split sec like it should. Now the fuel pump does not run because the relay does not click on. Relay is wired as Follows:

Fuel Pump Relay:
    87= straight from Batt 12v
    86= key switch Pos 12v
    85= Pin 37 from ecu. Fuel pump (ground)
    30= Straight to Fuel Pump

Now..When you turn the key ON and with the RELAY PLUGGED IN Pins: 85,86,87 HAS POSOTIVE 12V. ODD. 85 supposed to be "grounded" threw the ECU.

Now.. if the RELAY is UNPLUGGED and you check for voltage at all 4 pins: 87 12V, 86 12V, 85 HAS NO voltage like it should.

Based on that you would say its the relay shorted out inside but it is NOT. I have changed relays, tryed many different things. PIN 85 HAS 12V ONLY when the relay is plugged in. If PIN 85 is jumpered to a Ground the fuel pump turns on like it should and nothing happens to the 12V at pin 85. There is no sparks/smoke/ wires dont get hot or short out. At the moment im not worried about that fuel pump wire at all, i can jumper it. I can run with Pin 37 not hooked up. Focus on one thing at a time.

• Coil
    G/W- 12v to coil ??
    L-?

Power Transistor
    L-?
    G/B?
    B- Ground

Both “L”s are tied together so were 1 goes the other ties in.

• Black 89Turbo wrote: Coil
    G/W- 12v to coil ?? Yes
    L-? This is the coil ground. The transistor/ignitor/driver grounds out the coil to charge, and then releases the ground (disconnects) to fire

Power Transistor
    L-from coil

G/B - signal from ECU - this is what MS triggers

B- Ground

Both “L”s are tied together so were 1 goes the other ties in.
    BLOZ UP.com