Megasquirt info

• megasquirt Distributor Wiring

Tomo i am going to double check Dizzy wiring. I believe this is the correct wiring
    B/W-12switch(make sure there is 12v while cranking)
    B-Ground
    G/B- To pin 24. Pull up resistor required
    G/Y not used.

By the wiring diagram, notice the placment of the plug in the diagram. It is turned 90degrees with the "unplug" tab facing west.
    89' Turbo-R.I.P. (scrapped)
    87' NA all parts swapped from 89', Stance, 3.3 long block, hx35w, Injector Dynamics 1000cc, isky cams, pathfinder intake, front mount, megasquirt v3.57 w/MS3X
    07 Frontier XE <----(turd) daily

• G/B is the wire you need from the dizzy. It's 6 slots.

G/Y is the wrong one, it's the 360 slot one.
    BLOZ UP.com
    It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

• Heres what sucks. The oem harness that plugs into the dizzy is not the same colors as the wiring diagram. Neither is a 92 pathfinder harness. THere both as follows

Red
    Black
    Green
    White.

At the moment it is wired red 12v, black ground, Green to pin 24.

The harness i have and the Wiring digram dont even corolate together. black were G/Y is, Red is were G/B is ect…im going to try a few different things i guess.
    87' NA all parts swapped from 89', Stance, 3.3 long block, hx35w, Injector Dynamics 1000cc, isky cams, pathfinder intake, front mount, megasquirt v3.57 w/MS3X

• The pin locations should be the same in the connectors, so color wont matter.
    Hmmm, Whats next?
    Full Size Bronco, smashing shit.

84ZXT

• but they arent. Look at the 300zx89 FSM and the PathFinder FSM. there different.

My harnees, 89300zx fsm, pathfinder fsm, all the pins are in diff locations lol. its like they just pinned harnesses blind

• Use the one that the G/B connects to.
    BLOZ UP.com
    It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

• Well, Finally got something. Rpm is scatterd like no other. Here is whats odd: Turn key on/crank engine… When the engine is cranking the rpm needle on the gauge page, or the tooth logger does not read. When the key is let go from the cranking position the rpms jump up to 300+ and the tooth logger reads 1 blue line. then i turn the engine off and back on and the whole log is on the tooth logger screen. Not synced goes to signed for a split second and not cranking goes to cranking and it keeps going back and forth while cranking. This is very hard to describe so i made a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj8-GOWAjXc[/video]]. Notice how there is no rpm until i let the key go

• Take the dizzy out (but leave the harness connected/reconnect it), disconnect the injectors. It's much easier to see if you are getting an RPM signal by turning it by hand. You can get 2-300 rpms easily. Much easier on your battery.

Seems like it's not connected to the right signal line. You should get something while cranking if it's hooked up correctly, even if your grounds are bad. Also verify that you get ~12v on the signal line, works best with a analog meter. There is a pullup resister, right?
    BLOZ UP.com

• Well i know what the ground is. ohm'ed that out. So we have 3 other wires to work with.

12v
    signal
    not used.

I did not depin any wires and flip them around. After the ground was omhed out the wire was in the correct spot already so i assumed the 12v was in the correct spot. I desolderd the green wire from the resistor (on the dizzys side) and soldered it onto the white wire and this is were it got me. Yes there is a resistor. With it wired to the green wire it does nothing.

• If the stock transistor/resistor is wired in then i should be able to run pin 36 on the main board i think. It wouldnt require the BIP373. Im not sure though. I hate wiring this to the ms3x. Anyhow, im wondering if this has to be done.

http://www.msextra.com/doc/ms3/ignition.html#vrv357pull

• Where is your pullup?
    BLOZ UP.com

• In line. on the signal wire

• Black 89Turbo wrote: In line. on the signal wire
    connected to that and a +12v line that's on while cranking and IGN on?
    BLOZ UP.com

• Yes.
    12v while ign on & cranking
    Pin 24 going to white wire on cas w/ reistor in line
    Grounds, ground
    Green not used

• Black 89Turbo wrote: Yes.
    12v while ign on & cranking
    Pin 24 going to white wire on cas w/ reistor in line
    Grounds, ground
    Green not used
    And the white wire is going to G/B?

EDIT: I'm still not getting the picture here. Pin 24 should have a ~1k resistor connecting it to a +12v source. It shouldn't be "inline"; I'm not sure what you mean by that.
    BLOZ UP.com