Megasquirt info

• It would be more work to piggy back. You would have to add a MAP sensor and keep the MAF.

Using the CHTS is simple, it just requires using 3 value pairs from the FSM and plugging them in to TunerStudio.

Using TunerStudios VE table generator is sufficient to get it started and idling. That and just enter idle timing in to the timing map.

Any particular reason you want to keep the stock computer?
    BLOZ UP.com
    It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

• http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/54-m … 37d65eb498

This would make most MS installs even easier than before.

• MrFishHat wrote: http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/54-mm-optical-trigger-wheel-for-nissan-l28et-or-vg30e-p-497.html?osCsid=ee0c2757685a3919fec75737d65eb498

You would need to wire up BOTH sensors to fully use that wheel. However, I'm running on just the 24-1-1 portion of that wheel. Timing is a bit more accurate.

It's just as easy, if not easier, to setup the OE wheel and use a basic trigger. The offset is 60, and then you just turn the distributor till the timing light matches MS.
    BLOZ UP.com
    It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

• [quote]BLOZ UP wrote:
    Originally posted by MrFishHat
    http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/54-mm-optical-trigger-wheel-for-nissan-l28et-or-vg30e-p-497.html?osCsid=ee0c2757685a3919fec75737d65eb498

You would need to wire up BOTH sensors to fully use that wheel. However, I'm running on just the 24-1-1 portion of that wheel. Timing is a bit more accurate.

It's just as easy, if not easier, to setup the OE wheel and use a basic trigger. The offset is 60, and then you just turn the distributor till the timing light matches MS.

You would think, but mine dont work like that lol.
    89' Turbo-R.I.P. (scrapped)
    87' NA all parts swapped from 89', Stance, 3.3 long block, hx35w, Injector Dynamics 1000cc, isky cams, pathfinder intake, front mount, megasquirt v3.57 w/MS3X
    07 Frontier XE <----(turd) daily

• Eh, whatever works. I think the VG is a prime candidate for MS3 experimentation. I'll be going that route sometime in the near future.
    BLOZ UP.com

• BLOZ UP wrote: Eh, whatever works. I think the VG is a prime candidate for MS3 experimentation. I'll be going that route sometime in the near future.
    Please please please get it. It seems no one can help me out. I jsut dont understand the issues at all. If Everythings wired correctly, then it has to be in the settings on the MS. The VG is a good experiment car.
    87' NA all parts swapped from 89', Stance, 3.3 long block, hx35w, Injector Dynamics 1000cc, isky cams, pathfinder intake, front mount, megasquirt v3.57 w/MS3X

• Thought you had it running? You have a good wiring diagram of what MS pins are connected to what on the car?
    BLOZ UP.com

• BLOZ UP wrote: Thought you had it running? You have a good wiring diagram of what MS pins are connected to what on the car?
    I had it startedish. I guess i shouldnt call it running lol. You cannot get in the car and move it 1in. Yes i do, post up in min

• BLOZ UP wrote: It would be more work to piggy back. You would have to add a MAP sensor and keep the MAF.

Using the CHTS is simple, it just requires using 3 value pairs from the FSM and plugging them in to TunerStudio.

Using TunerStudios VE table generator is sufficient to get it started and idling. That and just enter idle timing in to the timing map.

Any particular reason you want to keep the stock computer?
    Thanks for answering

No particular reason I want to keep the stock computer. In fact I'll like to get rid of it.

But I dont have any experience installing and using megasquirt or any other engine management system.
    So Im a little scare to go full, not knowing what I doing and having no one to turn to if something goes wrong.

I was reading this thread a few pages back and someone mentioned that it was relatively easy to install it and have it running on fuel only.
    But you think it will be better to just install the full system from the start??? (spark and fuel)
    I have done some reading on megasquirt but still don't feel comfortable enough to attempt the full install.

• This is exactly how its wired. BUT there is no idle solenoids or anything of that nature.

• [quote]Myself wrote:
    Originally posted by BLOZ UP
    Thanks for answering

No particular reason I want to keep the stock computer. In fact I'll like to get rid of it.

But I dont have any experience installing and using megasquirt or any other engine management system.
    So Im a little scare to go full, not knowing what I doing and having no one to turn to if something goes wrong.

I was reading this thread a few pages back and someone mentioned that it was relatively easy to install it and have it running on fuel only.
    But you think it will be better to just install the full system from the start??? (spark and fuel)
    I have done some reading on megasquirt but still don't feel comfortable enough to attempt the full install.
    Buy the whole system. You don't have to know how to do anything really. Just take it one step at a time and dont let it over whelm you. Follow diagrams and the People at DIYautotune are very nice and respectable, they will help you out a ton

• Black 89Turbo wrote: This is exactly how its wired. BUT there is no idle solenoids or anything of that nature.
    What's that resistor on the signal line connected to? It looks like it's just inline. It should be:

[pre]signal
    | |
    | |
    |--resistor--- |
    | |
    +12v[/pre]

That's a horrid diagram, but the resistor should be connected between +12v and the signal line.

Your coil looks right. So it idles, stalls what? It at least fires up… ?
    BLOZ UP.com

• BLOZ UP wrote:
    What's that resistor on the signal line connected to? It looks like it's just inline. It should be:

[pre]signal
    | |
    | |
    |--resistor--- |
    | |
    +12v[/pre]

That's a horrid diagram, but the resistor should be connected between +12v and the signal line.

Your coil looks right. So it idles, stalls what? It at least fires up… ?
    The resistor is Y'ed off just as you described. The diagram is the best one i got, Factory MS with a few modifications. It prett much runs on diff cyl of the engine at all different times. idk how far you turn the distributor iit changes nothing. when you try to start it, it will try to idle on half a engine around 250rpm, the problem is you cant touch the throttle or it will shut right off. Im going to take a video and post it.

• High impedance injectors or low? Resistors?

I see just a couple pages back all your settings. Are those still accurate?

PM me.
    BLOZ UP.com

• BLOZ UP wrote: High impedance injectors or low? Resistors?

I see just a couple pages back all your settings. Are those still accurate?

PM me.
    DSM 450's. Blue top. Low Impedance. No there is no resistors. You do not need them with the MS3 board. You basically choose high or low. The settings are probably still pretty close. I know in order for it to work i set the injectors to like 4ms and did something else. I think i changed something else but have to go back and look. all n all there still the same. Also, the reason for it not hitting before when i was having trouble and thinking it was in the wiring the whole time. It wasnt, the carhas a pathfinder dist. Well the pathfinder and 300zx dist are different. SO i took a Z dist and put it in the pathfinder housing.