Megasquirt info

• [quote]BLOZ UP wrote:
    Originally posted by Black 89Turbo:1zrtxmij
    Yes.
    12v while ign on & cranking
    Pin 24 going to white wire on cas w/ reistor in line
    Grounds, ground
    Green not used
    EDIT: I'm still not getting the picture here. Pin 24 should have a ~1k resistor connecting it to a +12v source. It shouldn't be "inline"; I'm not sure what you mean by that.[/quote:1zrtxmij]

And the white wire is going to G/B? Well who knows. G/B on the fsm is were the ground wire is on the harness i have(and it is a ground). I also have 3 diff harnesses to 3 diff vehicles and they all 3 are the same.(red, black, white, green) and all 3 plugs have the same wires in the same spot on the plug. So you can take a pathfinder distributor and drop it in a z31 and it will work fine correct. Take a look at the pathfinder FSM and 88-89z31 FSM. The wires pinned in the plug are in different locations. So it kinda makes no sense.

This is damn near exactly how its wired.
    89' Turbo-R.I.P. (scrapped)
    87' NA all parts swapped from 89', Stance, 3.3 long block, hx35w, Injector Dynamics 1000cc, isky cams, pathfinder intake, front mount, megasquirt v3.57 w/MS3X
    07 Frontier XE <----(turd) daily

• The resistor needs to have one end on the signal line, and the other end on a +12v cranking/IGN power source.
    BLOZ UP.com
    It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

• BLOZ UP wrote: The resistor needs to have one end on the signal line, and the other end on a +12v cranking/IGN power source.
    how would the ecu ever get a signal? If i hooked the the signal line going to the distributor at one end and the other end to cank/ign. were does it ever connect to ecu? Or do i splice in 12v before the resistor
    87' NA all parts swapped from 89', Stance, 3.3 long block, hx35w, Injector Dynamics 1000cc, isky cams, pathfinder intake, front mount, megasquirt v3.57 w/MS3X

• [quote]Black 89Turbo wrote:
    Originally posted by BLOZ UP:2t8nf5yp
    The resistor needs to have one end on the signal line, and the other end on a +12v cranking/IGN power source.
    how would the ecu ever get a signal? If i hooked the the signal line going to the distributor at one end and the other end to cank/ign. were does it ever connect to ecu? Or do i splice in 12v before the resistor[/quote:2t8nf5yp]

[attachment=0:2t8nf5yp]pullup.png[/attachment:2t8nf5yp]

Red wire is +12v source, can come from anywhere. Either on the MS unit itself or in the wiring harness somewhere. You can even use the +12v wire that goes to the CAS itself.

You attach one end of the resistor to the +12v wire, the other to the signal. The signal wire still continues to the MS box.
    BLOZ UP.com
    It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

• Be back in a few with results!

• Ahhhh. One hurdle down! got spark! strong spark. The signal is everywere still but its alot better. Car will not start due to the injectors not pulsing. they get 12v but the ecu does nothing. I also believe its related to the purple wire(pin37) for the fuel pump not getting grounded inside the ecu to trigger the relay to turn the fuel pump on. Im thinking there is something shorted out inside the board. I ohmed out pin 37 and it gets nothing.

• You've set the trigger angle/number of cylinders/all that jazz?

Not sure about the fuel pump. If it were me I would hard wire it and get the thing started before troubleshooting.
    BLOZ UP.com

• yup yup. Ill post the map. i tryed posting a map on msextra forum and the map would change when i posted it.

Edit: won't let me upload. says msq file not allowed. got a email?

BLOZ UP wrote: You've set the trigger angle/number of cylinders/all that jazz?

Not sure about the fuel pump. If it were me I would hard wire it and get the thing started before troubleshooting.

• I can't really use a msq at the moment. screenshots work.
    BLOZ UP.com

• Looks good to me. How do you know you are getting spark?
    BLOZ UP.com

• BLOZ UP wrote: Looks good to me. How do you know you are getting spark?
    Take the coil wire off, hold it in your hand pointing it near the shock tower bolt. When the arcs jump and your hand goes stiff. You got spark!

• The injectors dont fire and the fuel pump dont work by the ecu. It has to be internal problem. Omhed pin 37 out and its nothing