Megasquirt info

• You don't need any wheel decoder stuff.

Post a screenshot of the ignition window in whatever tuning software you are using, and we'll go from there.
    BLOZ UP.com
    It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

• Tuner studio. Ill post it in a sec. I havent setup anything for ignition yet.
    89' Turbo-R.I.P. (scrapped)
    87' NA all parts swapped from 89', Stance, 3.3 long block, hx35w, Injector Dynamics 1000cc, isky cams, pathfinder intake, front mount, megasquirt v3.57 w/MS3X
    07 Frontier XE <----(turd) daily

• This is what i was wondering about
    87' NA all parts swapped from 89', Stance, 3.3 long block, hx35w, Injector Dynamics 1000cc, isky cams, pathfinder intake, front mount, megasquirt v3.57 w/MS3X

• Im trying to post the ign. table. I exported it to my desktop. Idk how to put in on here. The file name is crazyness

• Use Alt+Prnt Scrn to "copy" the current window to the clipboard. Open up Microsoft Paint or whatever, paste it in there. Save it as a PNG or JPG. Upload that file.
    BLOZ UP.com
    It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

• Trigger angle is 60 degrees.

Output should be inverted if you are using the on board or Nissan driver.

And spark hardware… what board do you have 3.57? Weird… Should be pin 36 or whatever.... I'd have to look it up.
    BLOZ UP.com

• Yes 3.57. Idk what the settings are supposed to be. i searched everywere. I even emailed matt.
    The Options For the Following 2.
    SPark hardware:
    JS10 Spark
    LED's Spark
    MS3X Spark
    Tacho
    CAM input:

MS3X
    JS10

• Turn the cam input off. Try spark output as D14 (LED). Not sure how your board is setup.
    BLOZ UP.com

• Ok, illl try it. IDK how the board is setup either b/c i never opened it. Turn cam off. That would be it for the left side of the screen. On the right side im going to change the dwell to 2.0 then turn "on" dwell over protection. Do you have a "base map" so i can fill in the IGN map. Idk what inj you ran so i would have to start from scratch on the fuel table I have dsm blue top 450's Low Impedance.

BLOZ UP wrote: Turn the cam input off. Try spark output as D14 (LED). Not sure how your board is setup.

• Your looks fine for now, just get the area around idle at 15 or whatever stock timing is.
    BLOZ UP.com

• "Hey Matt, I am Trying to figure out what the settings would be in the ignition settings, Ignition options/wheel decoder. I installed a pullup resistor in line already. I have everything setup besides the igntion because im using the stock cas.It is a optical sensor. (vg30et). I have the - side of the coil running back to the Ecu. Im just confused. there is no setting that says optical ect… Thanks, Russ"

"What firmware are you running?
    And is the - side of the coil wired to pin 36 or 24?
    Thanks, Matt Cramer"

"1.o.2, Pin 36......MS3 V3.57w/ Ms3x. just bought it pre assembled when the discount was going on.
    300zx..Vg30et
    Thanks, Russ"

"Ok. Those normally use the MS3X spark outputs and you'll have to wire
    spark A to the stock ignition module, then use MS3X spark output.
    Thanks,
    Matt Cramer"

• Only wires "jumpered":
    IAC2B-Js3
    IAC2A-Js2
    IAC1B- Js1
    IAC1A-Js0

JS10-Middle Hole on Q16
    JS9-A12C

• Now im lost. I have no clue what to do. I dont think ill be utilizing any MS in the future on anything vg. So many run arounds/jumper this, jumper that, ect ect. Why cant they just put in all the pins/jumpers when they come Pre-built. Ok im done ranting. This blows. Im used to "normal Ecu's" lol. I guess it will get figured out....someday.

• Oops, I forgot you have MS3.

So, no 3.57 transistor, and JS10 is jumpered to Q16's output…

OK, and MS3X has a bunch of ignition outputs on it, so I'm guessing it routes the MS3X output through the old MS2 diode's output and out to pin 36.

So change your TunerStudio spark output to MS3X.
    The trigger is "Basic Trigger"
    Change input capture to falling edge, if it's not already.
    Should still keep it at "Going High (Inverted)".

But we don't want to use MS3's driver, so that's why we are using Spark A, a logic level output. Ugh, I really need to get one of these new MS3s.

Apparently you wan to hook up the Nissan coil driver to pin 14. That is spark A for MS3X, what do you have it connected to now, if anything?
    BLOZ UP.com

• Im going to try this. Somethihg else i noticed. The fuel pump its on its own relay. THere's 12v, 12v ign, fuel pump, Pin 37 fuel pump. Pin 37 is hooked to the "ground" on the relay (85). WHen the key was turned on the fuel pump used to run for a split second like it should. Now it does not turn on at all. If i ground pin 85 on the relay the pump turns on like it should. I wonder why the ECU quite "grounding" the relay.