Megasquirt Virgin, question thread.

The coolant temp sensor will replace the CHTS.

Alright good deal. I hope you don't mind me picking your brain. All this seems pretty daunting. I just want to make sure I do it right the first time.
    2007 Nissan 350Z Base: 13.476 @ 103.870 MPH

1988 Nissan 300ZX Shiro Special New Setup [email protected] MPH

Originally posted by ozzyrulez View Post
    Alright good deal. I hope you don't mind me picking your brain. All this seems pretty daunting. I just want to make sure I do it right the first time.
    go get your own thread :P

JK

thanks for all the help youngfg, you have enlightened me quite a bit! very appreciated!

No problem, I have all the tune files, they are for NA, but the basics will all be there.

cool! im hoping to have my MS installed mid October when im back living near my car!

Originally posted by slammedcoupe View Post
    go get your own thread :P

JK

thanks for all the help youngfg, you have enlightened me quite a bit! very appreciated!
    Lol it looks like we are in about the same boat I just figured I'd expand on the questions you asked.

Originally posted by youngfg View Post
    No problem, I have all the tune files, they are for NA, but the basics will all be there.
    I was going to try and steal most of my baseline from my current Nistune tune but your could definitely come in handy.

[QUOTE=ozzyrulez;363519]Lol it looks like we are in about the same boat I just figured I'd expand on the questions you asked.

its all good man! your questions helped me too haha!

You don't need to buy the New dizzy disk from DIY. Purchase, MS3/MS3x, A good relay board, a good fuse box, good wiring, ALL GM types sensors, HIGH impedance injectors. These things right here will make your life EASY.
    89' Turbo-R.I.P. (scrapped)
    87' NA all parts swapped from 89', Stance, 3.3 long block, hx35w, Injector Dynamics 1000cc, isky cams, pathfinder intake, front mount, megasquirt v3.57 w/MS3X
    07 Frontier XE <----(turd) daily

after removing the ecu/stock engine harness and building a new engine harness does everything interior wise work correctly?

or am I going to have to re wire everything?

The only thing the ECU interacts with is the tach, and just connects to the coil. You just need to make sure you hook that up. You can use the stock fuel pump relay and wiring.

Originally posted by Black 89Turbo View Post
    You don't need to buy the New dizzy disk from DIY. Purchase, MS3/MS3x, A good relay board, a good fuse box, good wiring, ALL GM types sensors, HIGH impedance injectors. These things right here will make your life EASY.
    Any reason to not use their disk? I was going to get their wiring harness as well as all GM sensors. The relay board and fuse boxi haven't heard or seen mentioned. I assumed I'd be using the factory stuff. What do you recommend?

Originally posted by youngfg View Post
    The only thing the ECU interacts with is the tach, and just connects to the coil. You just need to make sure you hook that up. You can use the stock fuel pump relay and wiring.
    What about the speedo? I know my shiro has vss.

I think it's best to change the trigger disk.

The relay board I used on a car, I was not impressed with it. Just wire into the stock harness for the power, fuel pump, and distributor. I would run new wires for the injectors, and injector resistors if you use them, and the TPS and temp sensors.

I forgot you need to get a TPS off an automatic car, you need the one with the extra pigtail. The auto TPS is a normal sensor, not just a switch like the 5 speed cars have. You will need to run new wires for the TPS also.
    You can run a MS without a TPS but it's just better to have it.

You can hook the VSS to the MS if you want to.
    Then you use the speed to do things, like change the boost according to speed.

Ok good I was wondering about the TPS sensor actually, do you wire into the main sensor or the pigtail? I was planning on pulling out the entire ECU harness and basically using factory wiring where needed for power and the fuel pump. I figured MS would be wired directly to the dizzy. Man, I'm starting to get scared of it and I haven't even start yet lol

Another thread jacking virgin here. I'm sitting on a MS2X system, still needs to be installed. Is there any good advantage to spending the 300+ to upgrade the board to MS3? I don't have a problem logging to a laptop. The intergrated wideband is nice, but how much of a pain is it to have 2 separate systems (Wideband and MS) when tuning? Does the MS3 offer an auto-tune option? Once its tuned, I don't plan to mess with it much, just want to have fun driving.

No MS that I know of has an integrated wideband controller, they all use an external controller like an LC-1, maybe the MS3Pro has one but I haven't checked.
    They all have a "autotune" there is a table just like the VE table where you put in the desired AFR.
    I have never used the autotune, I have always tuned the car manually then removed the wideband, until I make a change that requires tuning.