Dropping resistors

• Dropping resistors

I am using a Nistune'd 88 ECU which as we all know is HIGH impedance . I am running 450cc dsm injectors, at least for the time being. I have read up a bit on the resistors that need to be installed. I can gather from this information that injector size can be a factor in choosing the actual resistor used as it can cause rich or lean issues depending on how large or small the resistor is rated at. So basically, what size resistors will be safe for use with my 450cc DSM injectors? I know the magical number is between 6-10 OHMs. I have seen use of smaller and larger however, so just want to clarify and make this into a one time order for the time being.

10W per injector, or double up with 20W resistors

As for resistance, what ohm rating should I aim to find?

Originally posted by drb5721 View Post
    I know the magical number is between 6-10 OHMs.
    Originally posted by drb5721 View Post
    what ohm rating should I aim to find?
    Sooo you know but you don't know, which is it?

Based on the resistor ohm rating, too high or too low can cause the car to run mean or rich due to what voltages the injectors actually see. Therefore, it's not necessarily a one size fits all concept. So saying between 6 and 10 ohms still leaves possibilities of getting resistors that could still be wrong depending on flow ratings and injector. That's why in this thread I am asking those who have used 450cx low impedance Injectors with a high impedance ecu what they used and if there were any issues.

Don't overthink it, just using resistors in the first place can throw off the injector timing and ramp, and each will react differently to different ohms

If you want to start with science, you should have done your research to see what yours ohm out at, and what a typical high-imp injector does, then got a resistor for the difference