Precision Billet Turbo discussion

• hopefully. Good luck. Keep us posted.
    Shiro #443

• Rick88ss wrote: So has anybody put their 6262 on the dyno? How much power @ what boost?
    VG33ER (8.5:1) with BB 6262 full T4 made 325hp and 377ft/lbs at 12-13psi. This was with a misfire 4500rpm and up, so hp suffered.

I'm ditching the Megasquirt 2 with Ford wasted spark for Megasquirt 3 and will be running full sequential fuel and ignition with LS2 truck coils. Hope to have some new numbers soon to share.

• [quote]FCvg30et wrote:
    Originally posted by Rick88ss
    So has anybody put their 6262 on the dyno? How much power @ what boost?

VG33ER (8.5:1) with BB 6262 full T4 made 325hp and 377ft/lbs at 12-13psi. This was with a misfire 4500rpm and up, so hp suffered.

I'm ditching the Megasquirt 2 with Ford wasted spark for Megasquirt 3 and will be running full sequential fuel and ignition with LS2 truck coils. Hope to have some new numbers soon to share.
    Not bad.
    So what was causing the misfire? What are you using for crank position....the stock CAS, toothed trigger wheel, or magnets on the main pulley?
    Shiro #443

• [quote]FCvg30et wrote:

Dyno chart showing RPM's please and pics of the trigger/sensor setups. Mine are about done, SYNC is set up on the left cam gear.

• I replaced the older Magnecor wires I had with some newer ones and that helped out, but it still has this hiccup/miss at lower rpm/transition to boost. Hopefully going to the MS3 with individual coils will solve my issues. Not so sure there isn't a problem with the current megasquirt ecu I have.

I'm currently using a Ford 36-1 tooth wheel and crank sensor. That sends a signal to the factory Ford ignition module and the megasquirt feeds it the timing numbers. With the new setup the vr sensor will feed right into the ms3. LS2 coils have built in modules.

• [quote]260DET wrote: [quote=FCvg30et]

Dyno chart showing RPM's please and pics of the trigger/sensor setups. Mine are about done, SYNC is set up on the left cam gear.

You can see the definite miss at 3200 and then up in boost where the lines are all jagged. It's probably making more than this now, but I need to get some new numbers up soon.

This is what I plan on using as an optical cam input in addition to the 36-1 tooth wheel on the crank I already have. As you can see there, I trimmed some thin metal to cover up the other 5 holes as the ms3 only needs to see one.

Curious as to what you are using for a cam sensor and what ecu you will be running?

• Well seeing you post your dyno graph and getting a look at another VG3x + billet 62 is quite interesting. Although we're running quite different setups, the power threshold is very similar looking but where yours tapers off @ 5500 RPMs mine seems to hold through 6300 or so.

What are the specs on your 62?

Mine:

.63 AR
    T3 Flange
    3" Vband outlet
    E Compressor Cover
    Originally posted by Andrew84zx
    tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
    545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

• FCvg30et wrote:

.................................................. .................

You can see the definite miss at 3200 and then up in boost where the lines are all jagged. It's probably making more than this now, but I need to get some new numbers up soon.

.................................................. ...............

Curious as to what you are using for a cam sensor and what ecu you will be running?
    Thats a nice power curve as far as it goes, be interesting to see to what rpm it still makes power when its fully sorted. I'm hoping mine will make power to 7000. My ecu is a MoTec M600, it was running sequential on the VG30DET motor using the OE Nissan CAS. Now, for the 33, its being setup with a missing tooth trigger wheel mounted at the front of the crank pulley with the SYNC trigger at the back of the left cam gear, I just hate the distributor being there, no other reason. Both sensors are magnetic, Hyundai part # 39180 23000.

Its not all finished, when it is pics will be added to my signature project thread.

• Shiro Special # 981 Being assembled in my spare time Chromoly acquired!
    Originally posted by BoostedMamma
    Heads up makes teh panties drop. BUT I don't have a penis OR a fast car, so I guess my opinion doesn't count.

• Nice numbers. So you are running a BONE STOCK VG33ER longblock? Meaning stock heads and cams? I am still a stock longblock, bored .050 over with new OEM Nissan cast pistons, stock heads, cams, springs. This 6262 T4 turbo wants to pull hard past 6500rpm but I set the rev limiter to 6700rpm due to stock valve springs. Based on those numbers, I am worried I will not acheive 450+rwhp on 24psi. I need headwork bad at this point. At least something other than a stock maxima intake manifold.

• Roastin do not worry your power levels are within reach for sure. I have a vg30et built with the dett 8.5/1 comp pistons with a similar sized turbo my compressor being slightly smaller than yours. I put down 420whp/450lbft on 22 psi and our dyno is load based so it reads a little lower. My same setup trapped 93mph in the eighth at 18psi. Stock heads and cams are definitely choking me as well. I will be doing cams within the month and putting in on the dyno back to back with stock cams and with regrinds to give those on the site a comparison of what just cams can do for this motor.
    lm7 swapped z
    350z 6speed
    s475 turbo
    microsquirt ems
    street car
    http://www.youtube.com/user/redz31t?blend=21&ob=5

• roastin300 wrote: Nice numbers. So you are running a BONE STOCK VG33ER longblock? Meaning stock heads and cams? I am still a stock longblock, bored .050 over with new OEM Nissan cast pistons, stock heads, cams, springs. This 6262 T4 turbo wants to pull hard past 6500rpm but I set the rev limiter to 6700rpm due to stock valve springs. Based on those numbers, I am worried I will not acheive 450+rwhp on 24psi. I need headwork bad at this point. At least something other than a stock maxima intake manifold.
    Yeah I think you'd be hard pressed to do so without opening up the intake system. At least a better intake manifold and some throw some cams and springs in there.
    Originally posted by Andrew84zx
    tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
    545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

• I'm hoping to upgrade my intake soon after I do the cams and follow the same process on the dyno to show the before and after but I do know its possible to hit those numbers with a stock intake.
    lm7 swapped z
    350z 6speed
    s475 turbo
    microsquirt ems
    street car
    http://www.youtube.com/user/redz31t?blend=21&ob=5

• roastin300 wrote: Nice numbers. So you are running a BONE STOCK VG33ER longblock? Meaning stock heads and cams? I am still a stock longblock, bored .050 over with new OEM Nissan cast pistons, stock heads, cams, springs. This 6262 T4 turbo wants to pull hard past 6500rpm but I set the rev limiter to 6700rpm due to stock valve springs. Based on those numbers, I am worried I will not acheive 450+rwhp on 24psi. I need headwork bad at this point. At least something other than a stock maxima intake manifold.
    Yeah it is bone stock. I have a sheetmetal plenum I made like the one StreetFighter had posted awhile back. I should have done cams while I had it out though. Seems like the 33 cams really die off past 5500.

260DET, do you have any pics of your cam sensor setup?