Precision Billet Turbo discussion

• [quote]Rick88ss wrote:
    Originally posted by ZFast88Z
    30 horsepower on a 6psi increase?

Seems very light for a 6765.
    That's what I'm thinking. :-?
    Sounds like the tune. Maybe pulling a lot of timing as the load increased beyond 15 lbs.
    Originally posted by Andrew84zx
    tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
    545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

• what kind of power can i see with a vg33 with ported heads, 9:1 comp, and a PT5557.

not looking for any astronomical number. just a rough XXXwhp @ XX psi, if anyone has a way of calculating.

only thing- it's a .70 & .48 A/R

• Might be an idea to wait for the real figures eh C.

• .48? Thats the size of the turbine housing? I wouldnt waste your time with that turbo if thats the case

• roastin300 wrote: .48? Thats the size of the turbine housing? I wouldnt waste your time with that turbo if thats the case
    it was on ebay for 500 bucks. the turbine housing can be replaced for 200 bucks. so it would be 3 or 400 bux less than retail.

whatever, not doing it now anyways- concentrating on front mount.

• Mike_GruiZinga wrote: I have searched the interwebs, here is what I have found. Questions outlined below:

PTE5857:
    Compressor Inducer 58mm billet wheel
    Compressor Exducer 74.9mm
    .70 a/r Compressor Cover
    Turbine Inducer 65mm
    Turbine Exducer 57mm
    ~60.5 lb/min flow

PTE5557:
    Compressor Inducer 55mm billet wheel
    Compressor Exducer 74.9mm
    .70 a/r Compressor Cover (?)
    Turbine Inducer 65mm
    Turbine Exducer 57mm
    ~54 lb/min flow

Questions:

1.) Why is PTE's website so retarded? There is little to no information. No compressor maps, nothing. No wonder these are just now becoming popular.

2.) Why would anyone buy a 5557 over a 5857.
    -After doing some research, the turbine is the same, only a smaller compressor on the 5557.
    -Can't see anything saying it will spool faster… Just that it flows less (54lb/min vs. 60.5lb/min)

3.) Why don't they offer twin scroll housings? Seems really lame when one can be had for every other competitor (HTA 3076R, BW S200, etc). The VG manifolds are setup for this right from the factory… I would want to take advantage of it.
    "produce first.talk second."

• Well....Comp Turbo is no longer wanting to give me a good deal on a turbo. I must have misunderstood him or he just changed his mind. But the pricing is WAY above my budget. I really want to run a quick spool or it would be pointless for me to build a manifold, go top mount turbo and re plumb all that crap with a turbo blanket and heat wrap. If it has a T3 flange and is undivided I might as well install it in the stock location. So precision 6262(not divided) is out of the question as well as the compturbo 6262(Too expensive). I am probably going with a HX40 or HX52 with a divided housing and a quick spool. I need to keep the turbo price way under $1000.

• roastin300 wrote: Well....Comp Turbo is no longer wanting to give me a good deal on a turbo. I must have misunderstood him or he just changed his mind. But the pricing is WAY above my budget. I really want to run a quick spool or it would be pointless for me to build a manifold, go top mount turbo and re plumb all that crap with a turbo blanket and heat wrap. If it has a T3 flange and is undivided I might as well install it in the stock location. So precision 6262(not divided) is out of the question as well as the compturbo 6262(Too expensive). I am probably going with a HX40 or HX52 with a divided housing and a quick spool. I need to keep the turbo price way under $1000.
    If you are talking turbo price alone under $1000 there are SO many options. All journal bearing turbo's are ~ $800 for what you are looking for about up to ~ 70mm or maybe even ~ 66mm for that price. Most of the housings are divided as well.

If you are looking for a set-up for under $1000, then hahahahahah…good luck with that lol. The top mount and turbo I just picked up was over that alone, not to mention I probably have to have another 600-1000 thrown into fuel then 500 into Nistune. After I'm making ~ 500rwhp I won't even be able to use it until I get wider tires and suspension too lol.

If you are on a budget, just do it like everyone else. T3/T4/ Holset w/ stock manifold, nistune and fuel. Will put you to probably 400 + hp on a budget no problem.
    Usual Z31 suspect: Garage Queen (aka broken)

• YES!!! Go holset. You have been talking about the HX52 for a while now. You know you want to :twisted:
    COMMAND AWESOME

• Don't know how soon you're looking to buy, but my HX40 will be for sale in the near future. probably 2 months max.

I'm switching a few things up after I see how the holset runs, I'm just keeping it on there for now to satisfy my curiosity. Its getting ditched for sure though.

It'll only have 4-500 miles on it and pump gas boost. :lol:
    Four Doors for More Whores

• If roastin doesn't want it I'd be interested. Can you post up or pm me the specs on it?

• 7 blade, 60mm inducer, 2.5" outlet , 4 inch v-band exh. outlet, 19cm^ hotside. T4.

Four Doors for More Whores

• 1.37 A/R hotside?! :-?

• roastin300 wrote: Well....Comp Turbo is no longer wanting to give me a good deal on a turbo. I must have misunderstood him or he just changed his mind. But the pricing is WAY above my budget. I really want to run a quick spool or it would be pointless for me to build a manifold, go top mount turbo and re plumb all that crap with a turbo blanket and heat wrap. If it has a T3 flange and is undivided I might as well install it in the stock location. So precision 6262(not divided) is out of the question as well as the compturbo 6262(Too expensive). I am probably going with a HX40 or HX52 with a divided housing and a quick spool. I need to keep the turbo price way under $1000.
    In your case, a hx40 would be my choice. Quick spool or not, IMHO the hx52 wouldn't score very well in the street fun factor aspect due to it's size and your current displacement.

Maybe take a look at this:

http://diesel-plus.com/dd_turbo.cfm?npid=10220

Then wait for SEMA. My guess would be that BW/Airwerks are going to introduce some new products.