Precision Billet Turbo discussion

• Bernardd wrote: Interested for sure. Let me know. When do you get full boost with that hotside?
    depends on your definition of full boost, it'll make 15 by 3700 on my car, but once I get everything lined out it'll be running 24-25psi on pump gas, close to 30 on VP.

I'll have videos, numbers, and details when I get some things done with it, I've just stopped updating anything I do with my car until I get things finished up. I'll let you know.

And yes careless, thats what it comes out to. 1.37 A/R

I'm rather sure once I get done tuning for pump gas and get more timing in it I'll have 20psi by 4200.
    Four Doors for More Whores

• Ya I would consider the HX40 you have. I really want a 16cm housing though instead of a 19 but can always try it out or swap for a 16cm later. Also Im pretty sure the compressor does not have a 60mm inducer. I think its 56mm. And there are 3 different HX40 compressors: 6 blade, 7 blade and 8 blade. The 6 blade flows the most, then 7 blade, then 8 blade. Let me know what you want for the turbo and also how it performs as far as spool and power.

• I was hoping you'd post in here roastin, you're the only other dude I know besides me that has went threw a few HX40 ideas/had them in our hands and Z's.

my turbo is the 8 blade, which is why for such a large T4 hot side it spools decently quick.

I'm with you, if I was gonna keep it I'd switch to the 16cm hot side, it'll still flow enough for well over 500 on moderate boost and spool much better.

I feel like I do remember measuring my compressor though, and I know there ARE 60mm 8 blade compressors, they are just rare. Its been so long since I was brushed up on the laundry list of holset variations I'll have to measure which I'll gladly do when I pull it off to put on the replacement BB turbo I'm using.

And for the record holset V-bands aren't true 4 inch for anyone else reading, they use a holset specific flange with a different lip thats slightly smaller than 4".

I actually use a 3" downpipe and rolled it out on the end to meet the diameter of the slightly less than 4" exhaust outlet of the HX40.

The V bands lip is 4", the outlet itself is 3.7ish.

Regardless, there isn't an HX40 combo that won't make 400 easily on low boost levels well under there efficiencies, and like roastin said, the 6, 7, and 8 blade are your choices for compressor. 6 being highest flowing, 7 being the in between, and 8 being the best for spool but will choke slightly up top for big HP depending on your definition of such.

this thread just got hijacked all to shit, my bad.

• For how big the turbine wheels and housings on the HX40 are, I really wish the compressors were slightly larger. I am now considering a Journal bearing Garret brand T67 with 0.70 A/R T4 turbine divided with V-band outlet and a quick spool valve. I am stock on a T4 divided turbine with a home made quick spool valve. Just have to decide what brand and size compressor I want to go with it.

• The Hx40 on ebay for sale remanufactured says it has a 56mm Compressor and a 65mm turbine. This is less than ideal in my book.

Another source on a DSM forum was saying that the HX40 has either a 58 or a 60mm compressor. I wish someone could just take measurements and setlle this uncerntainty.

• I'll do it this weekend bruh, I moved 2 weeks ago so I'm only back home where my car is on the weekends right now finishing it up.

PM me and remind me, PM's show up on my email so my phone will let me know. lol

• Getting back on track (and away from el' cheapo truck turbos) lol jokes!

Here is the Powertune Australia's S15 with SR20 running the PT6765.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysw2A572EvY[/video]]

Pretty wild ride for only 4 fires… These turbos are only just creeping onto the tuning scene here, as we've only just recently got an Australian dealer for Precision. There's a few S15's and now some GTRs kicking around with Precision Turbos with good results.
    http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

• I got sent this from Precision Turbo after seeking some more information regarding the deletion of watercooling from their new BB turbos…

Advantages of Precision Turbo Dual Ceramic Ball Bearing Turbochargers

Uses dual ceramic ball bearings, as opposed to steel bearings (ceramic is a more heat tolerant material, so there is no need for water-cooling provisions)

Just some points to consider: Ceramic Hybrid bearings have much harder balls and races attributing to it’s lower rolling resistance, higher heat tolerance, and longer life. Ceramic balls’ deviation from true circularity is much less than steel balls, which results in greatly reduced vibration in the bearing.]

- Do not need to run water lines
    - Ease of installation (will drop into any existing kit built around a T-series platform)
    - Units come standard with a built-in oil feed restrictor fitting
    - Units are fully rebuildable with component parts. This allows for less costly rebuilds in the event of an incident.
    - We are providing a better product at no additional charge

FAQ

Are these units more vulnerable to heat soak without the water cooling option? Do we have to worry about oil coking?
    Assuming that you are using clean, filtered oil that is changed every 3,000 miles, there should not be any issues. Water cooling was introduced only at the request of OEs to meet demands of longer oil change intervals. A properly designed air cooling approach combined with the best bearing materials available allows us to do away with all of the cluttered water cooling lines.

Do they spool any better than the water cooled, T-series CHRA’s (IE less bearing drag)?
    Although a Hybrid ceramic ball bearing has much less rolling resistance than a steel ball bearing, a difference in transient response will rarely be noticed by “seat of the pants.”

How is the durability versus the water-cooled T-series CHRA?
    Hybrid ceramic bearings last up to 5 times longer than steel ball bearings in the same environment.

Are these full ceramic ball bearings or coated bearings?

Hybrid ceramic. Steel races with silicon nitride balls.

Is there a weight difference between our CHRA and the T-series?

There is probably a minimal difference in CHRA weight, but when you remove all the water lines and fittings, there will be a significant overall weight savings.

The reason that we don’t need a restrictor fitting is because…?

The bearing housing has built in “oil passages.” We can say that in 2 years of rigorous testing, we have not had one fail or leak oil.

So it's all about having hard balls! lol
    http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

• Well....my search is over. I sacked up and dropped the big bucks and went with a Comp Turbo 6262 Triple Ball Bearing, Billet aluminum center section, ceramic compressor wheel instead of billet compressor wheel(cheaper by $200), Anit-surge housing, 0.70 A/R Divided T4 turbine housing with V-band outlet, and I'm building a drivers side manifold and building my own quick spool valve(after SATAN helps me on the design :twisted: ). I will be posting up a review with spool times, power, hopefully some video and lots of pictures, dyno #'s and track times by next spring. Stay tuned.

• sounds like a sweet turbo.

Who has the best price on a Precision billet 6262?

Anybody?
    Shiro #443

• Rick88ss wrote: sounds like a sweet turbo.

Who has the best price on a Precision billet 5857?
    Do they come with a T4 exhaust housing and 3" V band?
    I bought mine for 725 shipped with v bands.

T3 .63 or .82 A/R V-Band (4-bolt or 5-bolt available, please specify upon ordering)

OR

T4 .58 or .68 A/R 3" V-Band

Compressor Wheel: Inducer 2.285" (58mm) Exducer 3" (76.19mm)

Turbine Wheel: Inducer 2.555" (64.89mm) Exducer 2.227" (57mm)
    Shiro Special # 981 Being assembled in my spare time Chromoly acquired!
    Originally posted by BoostedMamma
    Heads up makes teh panties drop. BUT I don't have a penis OR a fast car, so I guess my opinion doesn't count.

• Ill be purchasing a 6262 journal bearing in next few weeks.The last turbo i had was a .82a/r hot side with 5 bolt outlet but they dont offer the .82a/r in the 5 bolt out,only.63.My question is when does the .63 become a restriction?Will the .63 be able to keep building power up to that rpm? Im kinda forced to get the .63 or else make a little adapter for the v-band.Plan on spinning the engine to 7200rpm.Im using Isky mega hydraulic grind with .485 lift and 280/270 duration.P&P heads and lower intake.Gutted stock plenum.Stock manifolds with SATAN relocation pipe.
    "If your car cant do a burnout from a 60mph rolling start, then your engine needs more work."

"Nitrous doesn't blow up motors; Idiots with nitrous blow up motors."

Shooting for 500whp

• I wouldnt use a .63 with heads that flow that good. I went 0.70 T4 platform. A similar sized T4 turbine outflows a T3 platform. I think 0.82 is a good choice. Im sure there are plenty of companies out there with a 0.82 6262 in stock. I think thats going to start to become a restriction after 400whp. You can squeeze more out, but you will make the 500hp your after much easier with the 0.82 AR Turbine.

• But don't they only offer the .63 and .68 T4 exhaust housing for the 6262?
    Shiro #443

• Does anyone make a .82 housing with 5 bolt out?
    "If your car cant do a burnout from a 60mph rolling start, then your engine needs more work."

"Nitrous doesn't blow up motors; Idiots with nitrous blow up motors."

Shooting for 500whp