Precision Billet Turbo discussion

• Grr wrote: They use a tapered bearing, like a wheel bearing. I dont personally run this on my car, i bought the 3582r that was on the 2jz when i did the upgrade for him. It is a 67mm q-trim with a 1.0ar divided housing and a spool valve. Its crazy, on the logs if you floor it at 4000rpm it goes from 5inHG to 25psi in .4 seconds. rolling into it in 5th it goes to 25psi by 2800rpm

We did a build with a forged 7m this spring and a 74mm MX-trim, which is HUGE for a street 3.0L. That setup was a .81 open housing and it did 26psi at 4400, from the testing we were doing it was around 650whp at 26psi with stock cams.

If you want to go that route, they build to order so it takes a little longer, but I recommend the 6262 TBB with a .82 housing. I will get you a price on that this week.
    Dam, from reading and hearing your reviews I am becoming inclined towards these turbos. I am thinking a 6262 billet TBB with a divided T4 housing and a quick spool valve. Probably the .71 A/R turbine. Im building a drivers side manifold, so I can fit it all....

• If you can do a billet BB turbo for $1000 Grr you may have a few customers, me included for my road course VG33. Power to 7000rpm with the emphasis on the mid range above 3000rpm, internal gate. Corner exit acceleration is everything.

• will have a price for you sometime today for a basic 6262 TBB, the 58-70mm turbos are within about $150 of each other
    87 Turbo: Stock VG33, stock cams, maxima intake, T5, DXD stage 3 clutch, tubular stainless headers, GT3582r, full 3" stainless exhaust, E85 680cc inj. and Nistune
    current time: 13.39@106, 2.05 60' 12psi with old stock 85T motor and street tires!

• Hey guys-

I hate to intrude, but I have one small/easy question I hope.

John-

Some how I missed why you want to move away from the HX35. Can you tell me why? It seems like it has some more potential with a higher pressure ratio according to some maps I’ve looked at. Care to explain what I'm missing?

Thanks,
    John

• I feel the HX35 12cm^2 turbine housing is limiting my capabilities over 18psi. With a standalone, bigger injectors, I could make a solid 400whp, however, I want a little more power than this and also just want to upgrade for the sake of building something new on my car. I want to try something new. I have been running the HX35 for 4 years. Its a killer turbo, but Im ready for something different, just for fun.

• Contacted them personally. After discussing it with them, we are working on a deal where I run the turbo, and post up my thoughts on it on the forums and also my local car meets and drag racing events. I would do this anyways, but I am getting a good deal on one. I have settled....This is what I am getting folks:

Billet 6262 Turbo
    polished compressor housing w/ 4" inlet and surge ports
    Billet aluminum Triple Ball Bearing center section
    Watercooled? Not sure yet
    0.71 A/R DIVIDED T4 Turbine housing with a Quick Spool Valve!
    3" V-Band Outlet

• roastin300 wrote: Contacted them personally. After discussing it with them, we are working on a deal where I run the turbo, and post up my thoughts on it on the forums and also my local car meets and drag racing events. I would do this anyways, but I am getting a good deal on one. I have settled....This is what I am getting folks:

Billet 6262 Turbo
    polished compressor housing w/ 4" inlet and surge ports
    Billet aluminum Triple Ball Bearing center section
    Watercooled? Not sure yet
    0.71 A/R DIVIDED T4 Turbine housing with a Quick Spool Valve
    !
    3" V-Band Outlet
    Unless there is something I don't know about Precision turbo's, it has to be water cooled if it is a ball bearing turbo. BB turbo's run oil restrictors in them. For this reason, there is not enough oil flowing through the turbo to actually cool it, just lube it is all. This is why they have to be water cooled.
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20… underway for summertime daily driver.

• post up your price you are paying, i sell for just over my cost so im curious. or PM it to me

They are water cooled, in the spring they are releasing the new oil-less center section that only has water cooling and NO OIL LINES!! Thats gonna be a massive step forward for packaging and location.

You are gonna love that thing. I put a new ATI balancer on the 2jz last night cause the stock one exploded last month, and took it out for a drive. Its sick, like driving a big block car there really isnt any lag at all. We made 560whp at 22-23psi first time on the dyno, and the power was going straight up with ever pound of boost!
    87 Turbo: Stock VG33, stock cams, maxima intake, T5, DXD stage 3 clutch, tubular stainless headers, GT3582r, full 3" stainless exhaust, E85 680cc inj. and Nistune
    current time: 13.39@106, 2.05 60' 12psi with old stock 85T motor and street tires!

• Bad ass. So they are all watercooled? That's fine if you guys recommend it. I will have to ask him what he recommends as far as watercooling and the oil restricoer.

I will PM you the price. Not sure if he wants me to advertise my discount for the advertisement and sponsorship he is giving me.

• they are all water cooled, have to be. They also come with the appropriate oil restrictor. These turbos only use a couple drops of oil per second. So you will need to get a block fitting and run a -3 AN line to it.

• So we are talking Comp Turbo's now? Start a new thread? Because I'm interested in an internally gated Comp CT4-5862 billet which supports up to 690hp. Alternativly go with a non billet 6262 and external gate too which I assume has a bigger (62) compressor than the 5862.

• Were talking similarly sized Billet turbos that all these manufacturers are jumping on the bandwagon with.

• I havent heard anything on the precision 6265 anyone have any input on this? Im looking at selling my gt30 and going bigger… Theres a billet 6265 on craigslist in my area for a good price
    4/87 Red turbo (DD Until the 84 is done) http://z31performance.com/forum/…p?f=13&t=25200
    86 NA Long gone
    1/87 White turbo (parted out)
    84 Turbo Vg33 holset HX35 http://z31performance.com/forum/…p?f=13&t=25315
    85 Turbo (Sold)
    93 Q45 Sold

• Well, its going to spool a little slower than the 6262. But its capable of more power. If your shooting for big numbers this is a better option than the 6262

• I'm going to the dyno tonight and see how much power my Precision billet 6765 makes at 18-20psi of boost and 93 octane.
    Shiro #443