Precision Billet Turbo discussion

Wow that looks wicked, fitment looks real good too. I was looking at some pricing, and they're like $900! I thought, wow what a score! Then I ticked the ball bearing option, $599 more! hehe Still a good price though at $1500…
    http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

So it turns out that at work we manufacture the center sections for precision turbo's and assemble them in house.... hmmmmm

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

Wow I didnt realize how big the 5857 was. My buddy runs a 6765 on his BUILT 240sx and the turbo seriously does not physically look large at all. Spool on that 2.4 liter is still not horrible, around 4000-4500 rpms full 15psi. I figure a smaller 6262 on a 3 liter should see a full 15psi by 4000rpm (I would only hope).

These are the turbine options for the 6262 from one distributer online:

T3 4 Bolt .63
    T3 4 Bolt .82
    T3 5 Bolt .63
    T3 V Band .63
    T3 V Band .82
    T4 TAN V Band .58
    T4 TAN V Band .68
    V Band Inlet/Outlet .82

Does the "TAN V Band" options imply a divided turbine housing like on the holsets? Meaning a quick spool valve will work on it? If so I will probably go with the T4 TAN V Band .68 and a quick spool valve. I was under the impression that none of the Precisions had an option for a divided turbine scroll?

Keep it going....

tan might mean 'tangential'. i haven't actually seen the turbine housings for the precisions, but sometimes turbine housings have on center inlets, and some have tangential inlets… see link below:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:9EnA … Kw.jpg&t=1

I can't imagine the rest of them have on center style housings though… :-?

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

Yes, "tan" does mean tangential. Precision does not make any divorced housings, but there are numerous companies that do make them for the precision turbo line. There is a company out of Chicago that makes them, but I am not certain that they make them in a t3 flange. I can't remember the companies name, but they are big into supras.
    Shiro Special # 981 Being assembled in my spare time Chromoly acquired!
    Originally posted by BoostedMamma
    Heads up makes teh panties drop. BUT I don't have a penis OR a fast car, so I guess my opinion doesn't count.

came across the forced performance line of turbos with the wastegate flanges casted into the turbine housing.

wayyyyyyyyyyyyy expensive

http://store.forcedperformance.net/merc … e=Turbo-FP

If anyone knows where to get one of these housings, that would rock. make for a real compact turbo with a nice precision chra and compressor.

Rick88ss wrote: If you want a big turbo and quick spool up,get a Turbonetics twin scroll turbine housing and a QSV.
    Like I said earlier.....I forgot to include the Precision turbo though.
    Shiro #443

I would love a 6262 with a divorced turbine housing and a quick spool valve. That would be fantastic. I need to do some research on who makes a divorced turbine housing to bolt onto the precision turbo intself....

roastin300 wrote: I would love a 6262 with a divorced turbine housing and a quick spool valve. That would be fantastic. I need to do some research on who makes a divorced turbine housing to bolt onto the precision turbo itself....
    What do you mean by a divorced turbine housing? Do you mean divided maybe?

Just a note on quick spool valves…

We had set up the two step on my car to retard timing and cut spark. This would cause the typical loud "bangs" that you hear on the import drag cars. Because of this, I had to put vice grips on my quick spool valve while at the track to hold it open. If I did not, the "bangs" have so much force, they would have probably blown that valve into the turbine housing. It wouldn't have made it far, but still… ANYWAYS… Using this method, we could only get 10psi on the line for some reason.

We then switched it to just timing retard and never cut spark. This allowed us to build 15psi, but it still took a few seconds to get there. Not good when you are trying to stage at the tree. The whole point of this story though… Since we did not use the coil cut off, there was no more loud "bangs" in the manifolds. This means that I could leave the quick spool valve to operate normally. With the quick spool valve operating like normal, I could build that same 15psi in less than half the time on the line as with it "wired" open! This worked out great as I ended up needing that quicker spool up on the line the very next day.

Quick spool valves… They work great!
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20… underway for summertime daily driver.

roastin300 wrote: I figure a smaller 6262 on a 3 liter should see a full 15psi by 4000rpm (I would only hope).

These are the turbine options for the 6262 from one distributer online:

T3 4 Bolt .63
    T3 4 Bolt .82
    T3 5 Bolt .63
    T3 V Band .63
    T3 V Band .82
    T4 TAN V Band .58
    T4 TAN V Band .68
    V Band Inlet/Outlet .82

Does the "TAN V Band" options imply a divided turbine housing like on the holsets? Meaning a quick spool valve will work on it? If so I will probably go with the T4 TAN V Band .68 and a quick spool valve. I was under the impression that none of the Precisions had an option for a divided turbine scroll?

Keep it going....
    I was seeing 14-15psi by 3300-3400 in 4th gear with my 6262 on the 3.0L. I am getting it up and running on the VG33ER and will post numbers and driving impressions soon.

I do not think that there are divided housings available from precision as of now. I went with the .68a/r T4 and it is great. You will not be dissapointed. Just spend the $$ on the ball bearing option. I think you will like going up to a T4. It helps the V6 breath better IMHO.

roastin300 wrote: I would love a 6262 with a divorced turbine housing and a quick spool valve. That would be fantastic. I need to do some research on who makes a divorced turbine housing to bolt onto the precision turbo intself....
    I think Turbonetics sells the twin scroll turbine housing.
    If I had to do my setup again , I would definately hook up a QSV
    Shiro #443

Praying....

1SickZ wrote: 6765
    Not surprised you said that :twisted:

Some QSV info:

http://www.suprastore.com/spquspva.html

Look at the bottom of the page. There is an option for a 1.00 AR and 1.15 AR divided exhaust housing for the 6765 turbo and not the 6262.

http://www.spracingonline.com/store/Pre … _6765/3677
    Shiro #443

Rick88ss wrote: Some QSV info:

http://www.suprastore.com/spquspva.html

Look at the bottom of the page. There is an option for a 1.00 AR and 1.15 AR divided exhaust housing for the 6765 turbo and not the 6262.

http://www.spracingonline.com/store/Pre … _6765/3677
    Dam I wish I could find the same thing for a 6262, and maybe a little bit smaller A/R on the exhaust. A divided T3 housing at around .80-.90 would be a sealed deal for me if I found it, throw a quick spool valve on and boo ya.