Precision Billet Turbo discussion

cjr198car wrote: Buy a 5857 with .82 ar. I get full spool around 4000ish rpm (about 20 psi) with a few pre turbo exhaust leaks. The turbo is rated at 605hp and I believe it to be underrated. I purchased the turbo for $799 brand new from modern automotive performance.

The turbo looks physically larger than the 5857 sizing would suggest…

-Colton
    Nice, any more pics?
    " I don't want to come off sounding butt-hurt, but I really loathe most cressida owners and I'm glad I soiled their platform with a Nissan dinosaur under the hood." - Butter
    LaterZ

Heres my brothers(FlawleZ) precision billet 6262 in the stock location:

" I don't want to come off sounding butt-hurt, but I really loathe most cressida owners and I'm glad I soiled their platform with a Nissan dinosaur under the hood." - Butter
    LaterZ

RedBeauty84ZX wrote: Heres my brothers(FlawleZ) precision billet 6262 in the stock location:

Such a beautiful turbo. I hate to hide it down below on the stock manifold. But there is really no reason to build a new manifold if it fits in the stock location.....Does the stock oil return pipe line up correctly to the stock oil pan like many other T3/T4 turbos and the holset does?

[quote]Chrisw_2003 wrote: [quote=roastin300]
    Originally posted by FlawleZ
    I personally feel my 6262 is the perfect street turbo. Its an easy 475 rwhp turbo on pump gas and has very snappy spool. I'll try to get a video up sometime this weekend showing RPM vs Boost as I go through 2nd & 3rd gear.
    On pump gas huh? I feel like it will be difficult to make a reliable 450rwhp on pump. This is why I will be going purely e85 once I install this turbo. I should be able to make 450rwhp on less boost(more timing) and be more reliable....

Im sure I will end up with a 6262 without a quick spool. In this case I might as well stay with a stock manifold....

Im also considering a HX52 Holset with a Quick Spool Valve… 700whp capable
    why do you think its hard to make that much power on pump gas? vettes do that easily and all day long, hell even the zr1 puts down a nice chunk of it and they run on pump too. its like what 5xx on 93 oct? a lot more on a little bit more boost. Hennessey made something like 700 on pump with just a pulley change.
    Jack ass… :lol:
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20… underway for summertime daily driver.

roastin300 wrote: Such a beautiful turbo. I hate to hide it down below on the stock manifold. But there is really no reason to build a new manifold if it fits in the stock location.....Does the stock oil return pipe line up correctly to the stock oil pan like many other T3/T4 turbos and the holset does?
    Yes, the stock oil feed and return can be used. I use the stock feed and return lines. I am pretty certain that the stock coolant lines could be used also.
    Shiro Special # 981 Being assembled in my spare time Chromoly acquired!
    Originally posted by BoostedMamma
    Heads up makes teh panties drop. BUT I don't have a penis OR a fast car, so I guess my opinion doesn't count.

[quote]300zxt wrote:
    I personally feel my 6262 is the perfect street turbo. Its an easy 475 rwhp turbo on pump gas and has very snappy spool. I'll try to get a video up sometime this weekend showing RPM vs Boost as I go through 2nd & 3rd gear.
    What specs did you go with?

http://www.powertune.com.au/6262.html
    Any feedback on the specs? Typically if I were looking at a GT35R it would be with the .82 housing, but would it be more ideal to run the .63 with this turbo for the street? Thoughts?
    http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

[quote]300zxt wrote: [quote=300zxt]
    What specs did you go with?

http://www.powertune.com.au/6262.html
    Any feedback on the specs? Typically if I were looking at a GT35R it would be with the .82 housing, but would it be more ideal to run the .63 with this turbo for the street? Thoughts?
    Sorry I haven't been on much lately. It's a 6262 with a .63 A/R hotside T3 V band flange and E compressor housing. When you order it from Precision you can specify exactly how you want the turbo built. I wanted the .68 originally as I assumed it would be the best blend of spool and overall efficiency. However, the .68 was out of stock so I went with the .63. I figured worst case scenario IF I can prove the .63 IS a limitation on my setup, then its as easy as swapping hotsides on the turbo.

I personally don't feel the .63 A/R will limit me reaching my power goals. My power goals are ~450ish on pump and 600ish on race gas. This exact turbo has been proving its potential time and time again here locally. A good friend of mine just tuned an S13 SR20 car with a 6262 to 450 whp on pump gas @ 20 lbs. The same tuner also tuned an Evo IX to 702 AWHP on a 6262.
    Originally posted by Andrew84zx
    tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
    545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

FlawleZ wrote: A good friend of mine just tuned an S13 SR20 car with a 6262 to 450 whp on pump gas @ 20 lbs. The same tuner also tuned an Evo IX to 702 AWHP on a 6262.
    that's a fairly wide range considering both are 4 cylinder 2 litres of similar nature. seems like a good all around power producer for a multitude of levels.

good choice!

Question about Compressor housing. There are a few options:

TO4E
    TO4S
    Ported TO4S

I understand the TO4E is a 3" in, 2" out, and the TO4S is a 4" in, 2.5" out.

Is the ported the one with the fancy holes on the inlet? So if I dont choose ported I will just get a normal compressor housing without the "antisurge" holes (I believe thats what they are for)?

roastin300 wrote: Question about Compressor housing. There are a few options:

TO4E
    TO4S
    Ported TO4S

I understand the TO4E is a 3" in, 2" out, and the TO4S is a 4" in, 2.5" out.

Is the ported the one with the fancy holes on the inlet? So if I dont choose ported I will just get a normal compressor housing without the "antisurge" holes (I believe thats what they are for)?
    That is correct. I got the ported TO4S for the extra bling factor haha

It is called anti surge housing. Or in their nomenclature SP (S housing Ported). It depends on your application, a smaller AR on the compressor housing is better for high boost applications, where a large AR on the compressor housing is better for low boost. I recommend the SP housing. I get a bit of surge with my setup.
    Shiro Special # 981 Being assembled in my spare time Chromoly acquired!
    Originally posted by BoostedMamma
    Heads up makes teh panties drop. BUT I don't have a penis OR a fast car, so I guess my opinion doesn't count.

Me and my brother(Flawlez) went out yesterday evening and took a couple quick vids of his car doing a 2nd gear pull so you guys can see how his billet 6262 spools. Keep in mind this is 2nd gear, 3rd and 4th gear would provide more load and a little quicker spool. This is on pump gas and about 20PSI of boost, bone stock short block, schneider cams, he could also add a lot more timing in the mid range.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J1Q2JAcP1c[/video]]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2l9gjVYqf4[/video]]
    LaterZ

Looks like full pressure occurs at 4400rpm? Am I reading that right? What compression Engine?

I think that would be too laggy for my application. Looks fast though!
    "produce first.talk second."

sounds like the tune is a limiting factor. seems to be bogging before hitting any sort of boost.

Mike_GruiZinga wrote: Looks like full pressure occurs at 4400rpm? Am I reading that right? What compression Engine?

I think that would be too laggy for my application. Looks fast though!
    Full boost is achieved around 4400RPMs, this is on a 7.8:1 engine. Keep in mind this is 2nd gear, and the gain on the boost controller could still be turned up. In 3rd or 4th gear and if he turned the gain up on the boost controller full bost would probably be achieved by 3900-4000RPMs.
    LaterZ