Internals

• Internals

I'm wanting to build my engine a bit internally but I cant seem to find any Forged internal kits. For people who have done forged internals who did you buy from and are the internals still holding up as you expect or would you not recommend that company. Thanks in advance

check out EP Racing. he's on here and the FB Pages too.
    Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
    Under the cover - THE BANANA… that needs to be re-energized.
    sigpic

He's given up arguing on the forums, fb only heh

Eric, you seem to have a lot of questions which isn't a bad thing. What exactly are your goals for the car? What horsepower number are you shooting for? What is the main purpose of your car for you?

I bought my rods and pistons (forged) through EP Racing (Mitch). Turn around was a bit slow so make sure to order in advance. The rods which are Scat were $475 and the pistons which are outsourced to CP-Carillo were I believe $875. They took roughly 6-8 weeks to be made and delivered back to Mitch. Pistons are available in any size price doesn't change. When they got back to Mitch I had them coated on the tops and skirts for a bit extra for added security. I do believe you have the option of having the pistons shipped straight back to you from Carillo if you don't want anything extra done by Mitch. With the piston set, it obviously came with rings/wrist pins.
    Build Log Link: http://z31performance.com/showthread…-VG33-HX35-WIP

I'm wanting to do a drift car sort of concept. I'm shooting for around 375-412 to wheels mostly due to it also being my daily. So any suggestions how to hit these numbers quickly on a 85 NA 5 speed will be appreciated

Originally posted by Eric9006 View Post
    I'm wanting to do a drift car sort of concept. I'm shooting for around 375-412 to wheels mostly due to it also being my daily. So any suggestions how to hit these numbers quickly on a 85 NA 5 speed will be appreciated

You can have:

1. cheap
    2. fast
    3. reliable

but not all three

Pick two.

1988 300ZX Turbo, Shiro Special #760
    1988 300ZX Turbo Automatic (wife's car)
    1991 Hard-body 2WD

http://zccw.org/zccw/?page_id=1215

Fast and reliable

Originally posted by Eric9006 View Post
    Fast and reliable
    Then get ready to spend a LOT of money. As a bonus though, at least we don't have to worry about michaelp anymore, who is renowned for shitting on people who are actually willing to spend good money on the car they love.

Don't rush your build though; take your time, learn everything you can, and do it right. Best of luck to you!
    Zoey - 1987 Z31T GLL - HKS EVC / CM SS 3" turbo-back / Stance GR+
    Black Betty - 2014 Audi C7 S6 APR1

Originally posted by Parker View Post
    Then get ready to spend a LOT of money. As a bonus though, at least we don't have to worry about michaelp anymore, who is renowned for shitting on people who are actually willing to spend good money on the car they love.

Don't rush your build though; take your time, learn everything you can, and do it right. Best of luck to you!
    Where is my like button for this post? ^^^^

Also to touch up on what ZEricMZ said about turn around time. Publicly I want to apologize to Eric for the length of time…to my credit though…Im more than 20 engines deep in circulation being built at the current moment so I try to delegate my time as best I can. Im a one man show so things will take longer than one would expect due to this situation. Good thing though is that Eric purchased quality parts with good add ons. Im sure his assembly will do very well once assembled and installed. Good luck to you Eric.

As for G-E stated..yes I've given up on forums because what I've had to share and explain, many wanted to dismiss only to then weeks/months later get PMs either with apologies or asking for the said work I tried to educate ppl on to be done for them. So its a pill very hard to swallow honestly so I resorted to receding back to being low key and focusing on my work within my shop furthering advancements in the VG30 platform. I'm still around just not openly speaking anymore or if at best very sparingly.
    Nissan Race Engine Machine Shop
    Dedicated to VG performance and design http://www.epracing.net

See we have to many prima donna's in our community that attack people who are actually trying to better things until they just stop. I've witnessed this same thing on Facebook from the Z31 know it alls…

Tech@EPR, do you have a website or any way people who do appreciate the things you do can get in contact with you for advice, products, services etc?
    2007 Nissan 350Z Base: 13.476 @ 103.870 MPH

1988 Nissan 300ZX Shiro Special New Setup [email protected] MPH

Originally posted by Tech@EPR View Post
    Where is my like button for this post? ^^^^

Also to touch up on what ZEricMZ said about turn around time. Publicly I want to apologize to Eric for the length of time…to my credit though…Im more than 20 engines deep in circulation being built at the current moment so I try to delegate my time as best I can. Im a one man show so things will take longer than one would expect due to this situation. Good thing though is that Eric purchased quality parts with good add ons. Im sure his assembly will do very well once assembled and installed. Good luck to you Eric.
    Oh absolutely no hard feelings here about the time. I should have worded that better as to not make it sound like you only. I have found many machinists around here seem to have a good 2+ month waiting list before they get around to your projects. Kind of a word of wisdom for OP to plan ahead for whatever route he decides to go. I recall Greg telling me you were a one man gig at your shop so the amount of work you get done by yourself is rather astonishing haha. After my experience with you, I don't hesitate to recommend your shop to anyone. Thanks again for everything Mitch.

Ozzy, his website is http://epracing.net/. Check it out.
    Build Log Link: http://z31performance.com/showthread…-VG33-HX35-WIP