boring a vg30 out to vg33 will Not work

• [quote]michaelp wrote: [quote=SATAN]
    Originally posted by VGFelice
    No Worries guys thanks heaps for the replies, really appreciate the info.
    Do you know if RARacing1's Z31 is bored out to a 3.4? Or Is that impressive power figure carried out on a 3.3.
    What about yours Satan, have you started with a 3L or a 3.3L?
    Sorry for all the questions guys, no one down here in Australia really touches these engines as you know the RB30 takes preference.
    Rafy (RARacing1) made 737whp on a dynojet using the 3.3 liter block. Dyno jets are known to read high though, so more likely around 650whp on other dyno's.

I made just over or right at 600whp on the VG30E with 22lbs of boost. Was going to run 30psi that same day, but the VG30/33E engines have crap ass oil pumps and I a spun a rod bearing that day. SO…

I am building both a VG34E and then a VG30E as a back up.
    737whp on the stock VG33 crank?
    I cannot answer that question. I can tell you that it was an OEM 6 bolt crank though. Whether it was out of a VG30E or a VG33E I do not know. I am willing to place money that it was the VG33E crank though.

If you care that much, I can text him and ask him?
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20… underway for summertime daily driver.

• SATAN wrote:
    Please, because there are theories/rumors that the VG33 crank isnt as strong as the VG30 crank, and I've been curious of the power the VG33 crank will hold.
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

• [quote]michaelp wrote:
    Originally posted by SATAN
    Please, because there are theories/rumors that the VG33 crank isnt as strong as the VG30 crank, and I've been curious of the power the VG33 crank will hold.
    I remember the rumors that you couldn't do na2t a few years ago either, so its probably just that. a rumor

• [quote]michaelp wrote:
    I just asked him, "Is your crank a VG33E crank, or did you use the VG30E crank"

His reply, "33".

It doesn't surprise me because almost everything on that engine is VG33. Even the brackets for the A/C are VG33 that way the compressor would sit lower for IC pipes.

• [quote]SATAN wrote: [quote=michaelp]
    I just asked him, "Is your crank a VG33E crank, or did you use the VG33E crank"
    His reply, "33".

It doesn't surprise me because almost everything on that engine is VG33. Even the brackets for the A/C are VG33 that way the compressor would sit lower for IC pipes.
    I'm guessing you asked 30 and 33.
    That is good news though if the VG33 crank can hold that kind of power though, would make things a bit easier when doing a 33 swap.
    Originally posted by TearingRaven
    Honestly, if you have to ask this question and common sense does not kick in immediately, you need to be riding the bus. Preferably while wearing a helmet.

• Rat1314 wrote:

I'm guessing you asked 30 and 33.
    That is good news though if the VG33 crank can hold that kind of power though, would make things a bit easier when doing a 33 swap.
    Yes, sorry that was a mistake with my typing. Either way, he is using a VG33E crank in his engine.

• Thanks for chasing all that up Satan has cleared up quite a few things for me.
    Cheers :-)