boring a vg30 out to vg33 will Not work

ZFast88Z wrote: Wonder if dart will make a 1 off billet VG37 block for under 10K…LOL NOPE
    Group buy, who's in? :nanan?re
    Originally posted by TearingRaven
    Honestly, if you have to ask this question and common sense does not kick in immediately, you need to be riding the bus. Preferably while wearing a helmet.

ARP Studs… Ive lifted a head before due to an injector failing, causing detonation and lifting the head. This was with ARP.

However, I didnt see any signs of detonation or any reason to believe there was. As I said we were tuning at 22PSI and were still conservative with the timing.

I will tear it apart weekend after thanksgiving. If its the block, its going to take a long time before it goes back together (source a block, bore, new rings, etc). If its the headgaskets, I can have a new one in 2 weeks. If it lifted the head for some reason, I dont even know what Im going to do with it. I will have to look and see if there is material/room to oversize the head studs.
    The bullshit stops, when the GREEN light drops.

Only babies cry about the bottle.

ARP will make you some L19 head studs if you lifted the head. You'llpay out the nose for them though.
    86 hardtop shell, 93 SC300 engine, 95 soarer bellhousing, 91 supra transmission, 95 Q45 differential hubs and driver's side axle, 1992 300ZX turbo driver side axle and calipers, 2004 350Z Rotors, 87 300ZX front end/hood, 1999 Viper radiator, 1992 Mustang throttle body. Lots of glue and tape to keep it all together.

StreetFighter wrote: You'llpay out the nose for them though.
    guess thats better than out the ass
    1uz Swapped, lowered, flaked out '86 z31
    '72 Datsun 510 4dr, ka24de-T, slammed resto mod
    '84 z31 turbo, coils, wheels a.k.a the gfs weekend car
    '86 na2t parts for now a.k.a eventually will get running with a/c daily
    '83 280zx project backburner a.k.a ls turbo drag car one day
    Custom vg30et tube chassis drift exocet project

StreetFighter wrote: ARP will make you some L19 head studs if you lifted the head. You'llpay out the nose for them though.
    Yep! I remember when I first started building performance cars, someone told me double the money for every one horsepower over 500....Fuck there were estimating on the low side…Getting to 500HP $2000, getting to 1000HP $40,000

Please don't kill my dreams!!!! :? I just got my house with a very large two car garage and the Z is going in after thanksgiving.

ZFast88Z wrote: Yep! I remember when I first started building performance cars, someone told me double the money for every one horsepower over 500....Fuck there were estimating on the low side…Getting to 500HP $2000, getting to 1000HP $40,000
    And this is why I'm going for maybe 600HP!!!!!!!!

So sleepy

F/A 300 wrote: Please don't kill my dreams!!!! :? I just got my house with a very large two car garage and the Z is going in after thanksgiving.

And this is why I'm going for maybe 600HP!!!!!!!!
    We made almost 700 before we experienced a failure. So "maybe 600" is not entirely out of the question.

I'll shoot for right around 600. If its a little less thats still cool.

So sleepy

F/A 300 wrote: I'll shoot for right around 600. If its a little less thats still cool.
    the good news is you dont even need half the money zfast has spent to get to 600 :nanan?re
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a mans character make him a moderator.

• Yea that is why I am shooting for around there because that way I don't need to spend 40k on an engine and even more on the drive train. Which is a good question too what trans are you guys using. I'm guessing your using the the rear LSD from the 87-89.

So sleepy

• Any word on the damage Z?
    Chicks dig me, rust fears me.

• At the moment it appears it was a failure of the headgasket. However to aid on the side of caution we have decided to tear the block apart, inspect the entire block for any sign of cracking, order new rings, bearings and head gasket, and reassemble.

We could probably reuse the rings/bearings that are in there as the engine has run less then 2 hours, but IMO once you crush a bearing, then release the torque, you never reuse that bearing. So we are doing things my way and getting new rings/bearings.

Hope to be back together in time to reach our set goal before December 30. (We are closing the shop for 2 weeks starting December 31. We all need our personal time ya know. Plus happy employees are hard working employees)

• ZFast88Z wrote: At the moment it appears it was a failure of the headgasket. However to aid on the side of caution we have decided to tear the block apart, inspect the entire block for any sign of cracking, order new rings, bearings and head gasket, and reassemble.

We could probably reuse the rings/bearings that are in there as the engine has run less then 2 hours, but IMO once you crush a bearing, then release the torque, you never reuse that bearing. So we are doing things my way and getting new rings/bearings.

Hope to be back together in time to reach our set goal before December 30. (We are closing the shop for 2 weeks starting December 31. We all need our personal time ya know. Plus happy employees are hard working employees)
    Looking forward to you getting it put back together and seeing some results
    " I don't want to come off sounding butt-hurt, but I really loathe most cressida owners and I'm glad I soiled their platform with a Nissan dinosaur under the hood." - Butter
    LaterZ

• Hey ZFast, what was the final determination on the issues you were having? Block failure or HG?
    Chicks dig me, rust fears me.

• The headgasket failed causing the overheating issue. However to be on the safe side we pulled the block apart and checked it for cracks. Two were found so the block was scrapped. The cracks were around the main bearing saddles.