electric water pump?

• electric water pump?

I was wondering if anyone uses one? I was talking to a few of the guys at my local autox and alot of them seemed to run them in there cars, being once you turn your car off the water flow stops. While with the electric pump they just flick the switch and the water keeps circulating helping the car cool down faster between laps.

Chrisw_2003 wrote: I was wondering if anyone uses one? I was talking to a few of the guys at my local autox and alot of them seemed to run them in there cars, being once you turn your car off the water flow stops. While with the electric pump they just flick the switch and the water keeps circulating helping the car cool down faster between laps.
    i was looking at the L series pumps only one bolt will fit. no one makes it for our cars, i'd love one though. maybe look into the SR20 pumps?

he gives me shit all the time about the money i spend on my car but he simply doenst understand what type of "high" you get from watching a stock car transform into something alive with as much emotion and feelings as any human.
    Originally posted by PurePontiacKid
    My god… 10 pages and so far he's only pulled the motor out of the donor car, and bought some valvetrain parts for it? way to be proactive guys.

[quote]New 2 Z wrote:
    Originally posted by Chrisw_2003:3468f4nt
    I was wondering if anyone uses one? I was talking to a few of the guys at my local autox and alot of them seemed to run them in there cars, being once you turn your car off the water flow stops. While with the electric pump they just flick the switch and the water keeps circulating helping the car cool down faster between laps.
    i was looking at the L series pumps only one bolt will fit. no one makes it for our cars, i'd love one though. maybe look into the SR20 pumps?[/quote:3468f4nt]

l28 swap time LOL

[quote]comrade_charlie wrote: [quote=New 2 Z:29gze5ej]
    Originally posted by Chrisw_2003:29gze5ej
    i was looking at the L series pumps only one bolt will fit. no one makes it for our cars, i'd love one though. maybe look into the SR20 pumps?[/quote:29gze5ej]

l28 swap time LOL[/quote:29gze5ej]

it could work… the L series is just about 2 inchs taller then a RB26, was thinking about it but it's too much work. not to mention they have the worst head flow then any of the Z cars. ever produced.

he gives me shit all the time about the money i spend on my car but he simply doenst understand what type of "high" you get from watching a stock car transform into something alive with as much emotion and feelings as any human.
    Originally posted by PurePontiacKid
    My god… 10 pages and so far he's only pulled the motor out of the donor car, and bought some valvetrain parts for it? way to be proactive guys.

So are you guys talking about having a pump attached to the waterpump via a pulley, or directly attached to the waterpump.
    Or even more serious, a remanufactured pump that has been turned into an electric one?

Either way, have you guys heard the whine they make? SOOOOO annoying for a street car.

no. just a electric pump that that pumps water throughout the cooling system.

Like something you'd stick inline with the rad hose? How would you get the thermostat to stay open once the coolant got past that point?

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

Careless wrote: a pump attached to the waterpump via a pulley
    Genius.
    BLOZ UP.com
    It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

how much different is the VG30DE?

There ARE pumps made for those.

just make a bracket for a 12v motor and pully, and run the water pump by a 12v motor. im sure you could even get trick with it, and put speed control on it.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a mans character make him a moderator.

[quote]BLOZ UP wrote:
    Originally posted by Careless
    a pump attached to the waterpump via a pulley
    Genius.
    lmao. the wording just made it sound funny for this situation :P
    1985 NA2T(now RB) * 1988 SS x2 * 1984 AE x3 * 2006 350Z

nutsaq wrote: how much different is the VG30DE?
    Last I checked the bolt pattern is the same. I'll double check tonight but I'm pretty sure I bolted the DE pump to my 30E.

[quote]BLOZ UP wrote:
    Originally posted by Careless
    a pump attached to the waterpump via a pulley
    Genius.
    I meant a motor attached to the waterpump. sorry.

DeleriousZ wrote: Like something you'd stick inline with the rad hose? How would you get the thermostat to stay open once the coolant got past that point?
    you would essentially run no thermostat, and just have it circulate at different speeds, is my guess!

Yeah i an 99% sure a DE pump shares the same design and bolt pattern as ours. :-)
    Bolt on, fast, z31. You can only pick two.
    Old weaksauce numbers: 391hp/433tq