Z31 Turbo 5spd Oil Pump vs. Z31 Turbo Auto Oil Pump

[quote]Careless wrote:
    Originally posted by 300zxt
    I was advised from Courtesy Nissan and Nissan Australia that the OEM Turbo Auto pump is discontinued and I could not find one in stock anywhere.

I had to settle for a Atsugi made pump sold as Clevite. I'm not 100% confident in using a $50 oil pump that has basically no testimonials regarding its usage either.
    if you have an auto pump to compare…
    Nope.
    http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

[quote]Careless wrote:
    Originally posted by Rat1314
    I had a look through this thread and I remember reading a few others a while ago....
    for vg33 it's not the block that is the issue.
    for vg30dett it is the block that is the issue.

again- already been answered numerous times :-)
    Rat1314 wrote: I had a look through this thread and I remember reading a few others a while ago. From what I understand at the moment the VG33 pumps will bolt up to the VG30(with using the 33 water pump as well?), but do they flow more and can you use the VG30 crank or does it have to be the VG33 one? The DE versions flow more but I haven't heard of anyone making them fit due to a different bolt pattern.
    I knew that part already, I suppose my main question is if the Z31 turbo auto oil pump is no longer available from Nissan as 300zxt said earlier then what is going to be the best pump to use? Because it has only been known for a while that the Z31 turbo auto pumps were the best ones to use. And again as stated by 300zxt I wouldn't like to rely on a $50 aftermarket pump with out some good reviews or testing to be done.
    So is there another pump made by Nissan that is equal or better than the Z31 turbo auto pump that will work on our motors? Or is there a aftermarket pump that can be used and be as reliable as the Nissan units?
    Originally posted by TearingRaven
    Honestly, if you have to ask this question and common sense does not kick in immediately, you need to be riding the bus. Preferably while wearing a helmet.

Clevite is a respectable brand, but information is slim about Atsugi who is the actual manufacturer of the pump. I have one on order but I'm still not 100% comfortable in using it and I may re-use the original oil pump yet. I will be letting my machinist make the call when it arrives…

300zxt wrote: Clevite is a respectable brand, but information is slim about Atsugi who is the actual manufacturer of the pump. I have one on order but I'm still not 100% comfortable in using it and I may re-use the original oil pump yet. I will be letting my machinist make the call when it arrives…
    huh? atsugi pumps are oem nissan pumps.

i knew it:

big_e-dog posted this in for sale section. atsugi emboss on the left. nissan hamburger emboss on the right:

not sure what your machinist is gonna say about the pump that's going to make anything better. u dont have many other options. you can send it to mitch to have it ported.

Atsugi was a OE pump supplier for Nissan. Don't know if they specifically provided them for the Z31 or if Nissan rotated suppliers. I did the research on these when, prior to Mitch's offering of ported pumps, I had contemplated offering them.

I obtained a Clevite pump, verified it was Atsugi, and checked the measurements on the gears. They matched the measurements of a Auto/Turbo pump, and appeared to be of good quality.
    Chicks dig me, rust fears me.

zachary.ard wrote: Atsugi was a OE pump supplier for Nissan. Don't know if they specifically provided them for the Z31 or if Nissan rotated suppliers. I did the research on these when, prior to Mitch's offering of ported pumps, I had contemplated offering them.

I obtained a Clevite pump, verified it was Atsugi, and checked the measurements on the gears. They matched the measurements of a Auto/Turbo pump, and appeared to be of good quality.
    That's good to know, thanks for the info
    Originally posted by TearingRaven
    Honestly, if you have to ask this question and common sense does not kick in immediately, you need to be riding the bus. Preferably while wearing a helmet.

Rat1314 wrote: I knew that part already, I suppose my main question is if the Z31 turbo auto oil pump is no longer available from Nissan as 300zxt said earlier then what is going to be the best pump to use? Because it has only been known for a while that the Z31 turbo auto pumps were the best ones to use. And again as stated by 300zxt I wouldn't like to rely on a $50 aftermarket pump with out some good reviews or testing to be done.
    That pump has been known to be larger for quite some time. it is stated in the FSM what the size of the internals may be.

As for what pumps. The 2011 Nismo Competition catalog has a resurgence of parts- namely R200 CLSD clutch and spring discs, as well as a VG30ET competition oil pump.

might be worth looking into.

zachary.ard wrote: Atsugi was a OE pump supplier for Nissan. Don't know if they specifically provided them for the Z31 or if Nissan rotated suppliers. I did the research on these when, prior to Mitch's offering of ported pumps, I had contemplated offering them.

This is really excellent to know, thanks! I feel a bit more comfortable now using this pump and it's nice to know that we haven't been totally abandon by Nissan! lol

Just to have the information in this thread, the part number for the Clevite/Atsugi pump is 601-1901.

I just thought I'd throw these online for reference purposes.

I found an old OEM oil pump I forgot I had so I can also confirm that the Clevite/Atsugi part is identical to the OEM pump which is a relief! Damn good price too for only $50, I was quoted $450 from the Nissan Australia dealer before they realised they were NLA.

I'm happy now, the engine assembly can be completed! :P

Hmm, let me be "old threads digger", but I have a question.
    all EUDM z31 were equipped with oil cooler (ALL).
    All turbo z31 were only manual, and had same pump to USDM AT Turbo.
    But, NA EUDM, also equipped with oil cooler, had another pump 1501006P02 (or 03, depending on year).
    this pump also could be found only at y31 cedric. As well as I won't be able to get 07p03 (and want not to disassemble brand new 06p03) will it be enough to measure outside of body, to be insure in gears dimensions, thickness at least (springs have same PN-s)
    Z31 JDM my way_google translated

cause I can't imagine what differences are present in both pumps, designed for oil-cooler equipped cars.

ok, finally I decided to open na oil-cooler equipped vg30e oil pump and…
    thanks to tech@epr for dimension, but what I found there (also I disassembled 10.84 turbo mt USDM pump and 04.89 JDM, and maxima j30):

Z31 Turbo 5spd Oil Pump

Inner Gear:

Total Thickness - .739"
    Gear Teeth Thickness - ..493"

^same for 06p03(EUDM NA) and maxima. both have casting 9v11, probably earliest pump v5302

Z31 Turbo Auto Oil Pump

Inner Gear:

Teeth Thickness - .610"
    Total Thickness - .842"

^ 10.84 USDM and JDM

Z31 Turbo 5spd Oil Pump

Outer Gear:

O.D - 2.937"
    I.D - 2.510"
    Thickness - .491"
    ^same for 06p03(EUDM NA) and maxima. both have casting 9v11

Z31 Turbo Auto Oil Pump

Outer Gear:

O.D - 2.939"
    I.D - 2.570"
    Thickness - .609"
    ^ 10.84 USDM (casting 7883 if I don't mistaken) and JDM casting 9v21

so, I started to think that I'm understand nothing.

I'd opened fast and....

BY-PASS VALVE!!!!

all VG30 for 300zx, excluding 07p02(03), e.g. turbo auto and EUDM turbo have p.n. 15132--v5001

and 07p02(03), e.g. turbo auto and EUDM turbo have p.n. 15132--v5001 have 15132-07p01

if you get a new pump by-pass valve already included, but, if you'll get it separately, you can get type you need.

I'll post pictures later, on weekend.

the only I can add currently: WTF?

p.s. Did I missed something?

Originally posted by midian View Post
    ok, finally I decided to open na oil-cooler equipped vg30e oil pump and…
    thanks to tech@epr for dimension, but what I found there (also I disassembled 10.84 turbo mt USDM pump and 04.89 JDM, and maxima j30):

so, I started to think that I'm understand nothing.

I'd opened fast and....

BY-PASS VALVE!!!!

all VG30 for 300zx, excluding 07p02(03), e.g. turbo auto and EUDM turbo have p.n. 15132--v5001

and 07p02(03), e.g. turbo auto and EUDM turbo have p.n. 15132--v5001 have 15132-07p01

if you get a new pump by-pass valve already included, but, if you'll get it separately, you can get type you need.

I'll post pictures later, on weekend.

the only I can add currently: WTF?

p.s. Did I missed something?
    I'm digging this up again. What did you conclude on the Euro NA 15010-06P02 and P03 pumps? Are they like the USDM manual pumps but with a different bypass valve? Or are they still more like the Euro turbo/US auto turbo 07P02/P03 pumps? I'm sorry, I couldn't understand everything in your post.