Mustang springs under a z…

Im thinking of scouring Kijiji or Craigslist for some foxbody springs for the time being. I believe both my rear springs are dead as nails (Except for that time when they sent the 70 lb diff flying at my forehead… merely just an accelerant for all that weight).

Soooo lowering springs off a fox with like say… 230 to 250 lbs would be a nice alternative to ST's?

Careless wrote: Im thinking of scouring Kijiji or Craigslist for some foxbody springs for the time being. I believe both my rear springs are dead as nails (Except for that time when they sent the 70 lb diff flying at my forehead… merely just an accelerant for all that weight).

Soooo lowering springs off a fox with like say… 230 to 250 lbs would be a nice alternative to ST's?
    Yes, problem is only rears will work :-(
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

[quote]michaelp wrote:
    Originally posted by Careless
    Im thinking of scouring Kijiji or Craigslist for some foxbody springs for the time being. I believe both my rear springs are dead as nails (Except for that time when they sent the 70 lb diff flying at my forehead… merely just an accelerant for all that weight).

Yes, problem is only rears will work :-(
    That's all i need for now until stance. If I can buy only the rears from someone locally then I'll be happy. My current springs are no better than mattress springs at this point.

Could always go to http://www.50resto.com or latemodel I think they call it now.

Call them and see if you could get a pair of what you want…

Here's a pic in the light of how it sits.
    Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
    Under the cover - THE BANANA… that needs to be re-energized.
    sigpic

do you have a pic of the springs out of the car? I found a set of 260lb/in locally :-)

Here's a set of four…

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/ite … ng-Springs

450 lb front springs for $85 to use in the rear

Edit: Also claims 2 inch lowering for the 'stang, so that should be about an inch for us.
    Originally posted by adamvann3
    Hmm I normally jack off my rear x-member.

1sikz wrote: Here's a set of four…

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/ite … ng-Springs

450 lb front springs for $85 to use in the rear

Edit: Also claims 2 inch lowering for the 'stang, so that should be about an inch for us.
    Do the fronts fit right in aswell? I'm still not sure of this lol

Axel kain wrote:

To clarify. Mustang front and rear springs can fit under the rear of our cars!

From the first post

Edit: I'm assuming that you're asking if they fit the front of our cars?
    Originally posted by adamvann3
    Hmm I normally jack off my rear x-member.

It's still not quite clear to me, maybe I missed it. I see both are usable in the rear. but If the rears and the fronts fit, and they are different sizes on a complete set of 4 when purchase for a mustang, then which ones would be better to use?

All four of mine were about the same overall length, but the fronts were clearly stronger with more and tighter coils. The end diameters are about the same, and will fit the nubs of the Z.

Really all boils down to what rate of spring you would like to have. I wasn't ready to kick it with the 600 pounders, so stuck with the lessers… For now at least.

sigpic

I'm pretty sure if had more and tighter coils compared to the others,they would be softer of the two.I like to think of them as a torsion bar.a longer torsion bar is easier to twist than a shorter one.like when you cut a spring,you are effectively raising the spring rate.but if your happy with them,that's all that matters! And I give you props for finding more spring options for us. :super

EDIT- it also depends on the wire diameter between the two sets also.do you have pics of the springs you installed?
    "If your car cant do a burnout from a 60mph rolling start, then your engine needs more work."

"Nitrous doesn't blow up motors; Idiots with nitrous blow up motors."

Shooting for 500whp

Well I'll have to dig up the other pair, but I remember the front set had some bushings on them. Iirc I took and compressed them by hand somewhat, but I'll check to be sure.

sigpic

Axel kain wrote: Well I'll have to dig up the other pair, but I remember the front set had some bushings on them. Iirc I took and compressed them by hand somewhat, but I'll check to be sure.
    Bushings? REAR foxbody springs sometimes have bump stops inside them....
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

No. They were wrapped around the coil. Like to keep it in place/ prevent bind noise maybe. Iirc the fronts get those.

sigpic

[quote]1sikz wrote:
    Originally posted by Axel kain

To clarify. Mustang front and rear springs can fit under the rear of our cars!

From the first post

Edit: I'm assuming that you're asking if they fit the front of our cars?
    Yeah, I was wondering if the the springs effectively work in the front, as do the rear as ours are weirdly made.
    Thanks for confirming, I might do this