Alternative S/Z/Q subframe swap adapter kit

• Alternative S/Z/Q subframe swap adapter kit

4140HT pins, mild steel brackets… pins have a 1" collar for centering in a steel plate, so when you weld it shouldn't move

2 pins + 2 pins with brackets = $210 shipped
    4 pins with brackets = $255 shipped
    (Nuts not included)

Are you making these? Looks good
    87T, My build thread http://z31performance.com/forum/z31-…lee-s-87t-rb26

Yes, made to order 1-2wks from money to product…

Looks good man! This only covers the rear part though from the looks of it. MikeG's had the stuff to modify the subframe to fit the front mounts too, are you planning on doing something for that too or just this and leaving that up to the person doing the swap?
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

No you modify the car to fit the subframe… aside from a little grinding for clearance

The option of 4 with brackets means the rear two are slip on and bolt/weld in, the front two you can grind and shape however you like to make them fit, plenty of metal to weld with that's 3/16" plate (5mm)

Interesting do you have an install pic of body of the car with these front pins installed?

did you have to add a lot of metal to the body or just grind a spot down?
    does it require any reinforcement since the pin is moved 2-3 inches back and towards the center
    1984 300ZX - 1988 VG30T Engine, Trans, Diff, ECU
    1987 300ZX TURBO - ( Parts Car ), 1988 300ZX TURBO - ( Parts Car )
    1972 240Z -- Full restore - L28ET L6 Engine from 280zx, T-5 transmission, Rear diff from the 87
    1998 Mazda B-2500, And a lot of bikes

Sorry no pics, but there is a frame section there, look at the numerous pics on the swap threads you'll see it

Honestly if you can fabricate the rest, notch the frame etc, the front won't be a challenge

G-E wrote: Sorry no pics, but there is a frame section there, look at the numerous pics on the swap threads you'll see it

Honestly if you can fabricate the rest, notch the frame etc, the front won't be a challenge
    Most of the stuff in the swap threads have subframes that have been extended in the front to retain the OE Z31 front mount location....
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

And they have lovely pictures of the frame above it mike, then someone just has to use their head pasta to piece the two images together

PM me cost shipped to Brampton Ontario L6T 4M3.
    Thanks

I just noticed your in Ontario..
    PM me cost if i swing by and pick them up..
    Kevin
    ---------------------------------------
    1986 NA 5sp - Bone stock, but in good shape

I'm gong to put in another order for these next week, does anyone else want a set made?

Are you going to make the rest of the kit?
    sigpic

Butter wrote: Are you going to make the rest of the kit?
    correct me if i'm wrong.

you mounted yours by purchasing a nissan s14 rear frame bar with the studs.
    you also welded steel collars/tubing to the ends of the s14 subframe bushing holes.

i.e. - you didn't need a kit, you only needed the rear studs as the most integral part.

this is what the currently offered kit accomplishes.
    does there really need to be a "rest" for those who can think something up?

You're wrong.

The rear mounting was done last. It was accomplished in 15min by drilling throught the car and installing allthread (which I later reinforced).

The front mounting took an entire day and multiple revisions.
    sigpic

ohhhhhhhh. my bad. i vaguely remember someone making a comment about buying the rear main bar new from nissan, and it was rusted. then made a comment about the nature of new old stock parts being like that when you live in the salt belt.

could have been someone else.

still. anyone waiting or installing another subframe (350z maybe) can fab up something themselves.
    no problem with that option. they don't need the rest of the "kit".