S13 Steering Rack Bushings

I'll keep an eye on mine and update if I see any issues. But it's been great so far. I've been dealing with a rack that moves around since I got the car and this is the first time it's been in there solid in more than a year.
    Prius… because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car…

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

Maybe someone can try shimming them like i did here:
    http://z31performance.com/showthread…all-experience

Unfortunately, road testing won't happen anytime soon as i fidget on my SS rebuild.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

The delrin bushing wasn't the cause of my slippage issue. The driver's side should be doing most of the grabbing since it has those raised sections on the sides of the bushing. I'm throwing in a new powersteering system, since a powerless rack is putting way too much force on the rack+bushings, as well as other components that weren't designed for that amount of force. I'm also having a welder friend make me a really wide bracket for the driver's side, which should brace itself against the raised sides where the bushing fits into. This will eliminate any side to side movement, and the delrin bushing will stay on the passenger's side. I'll see if I can get a picture of the bracket once it is made.

Dont give up, build your dream Z

Originally posted by 88Turbozx
    The delrin bushing wasn't the cause of my slippage issue. The driver's side should be doing most of the grabbing since it has those raised sections on the sides of the bushing. I'm throwing in a new powersteering system, since a powerless rack is putting way too much force on the rack+bushings, as well as other components that weren't designed for that amount of force. I'm also having a welder friend make me a really wide bracket for the driver's side, which should brace itself against the raised sides where the bushing fits into. This will eliminate any side to side movement, and the delrin bushing will stay on the passenger's side. I'll see if I can get a picture of the bracket once it is made.
    The amount of force applied to the bushings is the same whether you have power steering or manual steering. The only difference is the force applied at the steering wheel, which has nothing to do with force acting on the bushings.

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

^ This. forces on the rack, suspension, and tires is the same, powered or not. more likely worse when powered, as the advantage of the assist will apply greater force - more quickly, than if without.
    Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
    Under the cover - THE BANANA… that needs to be re-energized.
    sigpic

That strain on that crappy steering linkage U-joint that gets baked by the exhaust will be increased
    with a manual rack.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo