Nissan Meet in Birmingham, AL June 15-16

• Nissan Meet in Birmingham, AL June 15-16

Arrive night of the 14th (Thursday) and spend night. (I'm doing this because I don't feel like making the long drive from Foley the day of, anyone is welcome to join me. Don't know what hotel I'm staying in yet.)

15th (Friday) : Goof off and grab food with the guys who came the optional day till about 6:30 or so and head to the track, go to the track and kick ass

16th (Saturday) : Meet guys that came for the single day about 10-11ish and get some food/gas/other stuff and prepare for the drive to and fun on Mt. Cheaha.

16th night (Also Saturday) : Enjoy the local night life a bit and relax with some guys that might stay for a bit after the mountain cruise. Find a parking garage and just chill? Roll around making people break there necks trying to stare at the sight of our awesome Z's?…and Lexus…and Mustang…and Legacy lol

List of people attending so far (let me know if this is not accurate)

NizmoZ31-88 n/a t-top
    NizmoZ31's brother- 1997 Lexus LS400
    Turblown - 85 Turbo t-top
    Turblown2- Legacy
    Turblown3- Mustang
    Kimbro Slice- 50th AE
    87zxturbo- 86 Turbo
    Nissanegg- 86 Turbo
    Kira-1988 N/A T-Top- Turbo soon
    Naomi-1984 N/A Slicktop R.I.P.-stolen
    1976 Chevy Camaro R.I.P.- Custom candycane rods

Re: Nissan Pow-Wow near Foley, AL

I'm near Montgomery, but I'd be willing to head down there (provided my Z is cooperating at that time, she has her moments… lol)

1985 300ZX Turbo GLL ^Click for log^

Originally posted by nater86zx
    No such thing as hoarding Z parts. When it comes to z parts, its not hoarding its preparedness!

Don't worry, mine is in the middle of her moment…blown head gasket at the moment. But getting paid next friday for a 50 hour work week so will have the money to get alll the things I need to do it myself. Probably gonna start planning when she's back on the road. What would be a good time for you man?

NizmoZ31 wrote: Don't worry, mine is in the middle of her moment…blown head gasket at the moment. But getting paid next friday for a 50 hour work week so will have the money to get alll the things I need to do it myself. Probably gonna start planning when she's back on the road. What would be a good time for you man?
    I have no idea. My schedule is always busy, lol. Usually I have to just claim a certain weekend and make sure it stays clear. I'm free Friday-Sunday though so a weekend meet would be cool. Maybe something in mid-May?

No such thing as hoarding Z parts. When it comes to z parts, its not hoarding its preparedness!

Why not have the meat near Montgomery? That way more people would come from all over the state. It's a long drive for me to get down to the Mobile area coming from Auburn.

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

NissanEgg wrote: Why not have the meat near Montgomery? That way more people would come from all over the state. It's a long drive for me to get down to the Mobile area coming from Auburn.
    I could get down with that, haha. :-P I know some good places to eat around here!

Edit: Any other AL guys on here?

I am too far north. If it was Bham I would consider.
    Elitist Prick Black Z owner.
    1986 300zx Turbo
    2011 Ford F150 Super Crew 4x2 EcoBOOST
    1985 Toyota 4Runner, locked, lifted, geared, uglied.

Neil86t wrote: I am too far north. If it was Bham I would consider.
    Guys, Bham perhaps? I don't mind driving that far.

It's up to you guys for real, it doesn't matter to me. I don't mind going as far as Bham for it(or maybe Auburn?), it'll deffinantly be worth it. At any rate we can safely assume that it will take place in mid/upper AL. That being said will I will need alot of help lots of help from people that already live in/know the area that we decide on. As for the time, I'm thinking mid-june ish. theres alot of stuff that I want to do to my Z and don't know if i'll have her done by May (even though 3 or so weeks isn't that much farther away).

There's some great roads around the B'ham area for scenic cruising and what not. Even Mt. Cheaha is about 1hr away has has about 25-30 miles of mountain driving, which 13 miles are on the back side with lots of tight turns, rises and drops, and steeply banked turns. I love blasting up and down the back side multiple times in the Sentra. Haven't had the Z out there yet.

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold

Sounds good to me, so mid june in Birmingham. grab lunch then hit the cruise 8) are there any tracks near there?

NissanEgg wrote: There's some great roads around the B'ham area for scenic cruising and what not. Even Mt. Cheaha is about 1hr away has has about 25-30 miles of mountain driving, which 13 miles are on the back side with lots of tight turns, rises and drops, and steeply banked turns. I love blasting up and down the back side multiple times in the Sentra. Haven't had the Z out there yet.
    That sounds great…if I can fix this stutter in my car. She wouldn't be too peppy up the mountains right now. LOL. I'm cool with mid-June. Heaven help me if the car is still running wonky by then!

I'll pitch in my .02 and say if we're going to Bham, Chuy's at the Summit is the best restaurant in town. They serve TexMex and have the -best- fajitas I've ever had!

Sounds great. I didn't think all this would come together so quickly. Still curious about the track but even if there isn't it's all good, cruise w/ lunch sounds like an awesome combo

There's Barber Motorsports Park in the B'ham area, and Steele Raceway in Steele, it's a 1/4 track.

I'm not too fond of that track. Last time I ran on it (2004) I busted my transmission in my NX2000 and had to tow it 250 miles back home to Dothan. Lots of people were complaining of the track prep that day.

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold

Not fond of which track, Steele or Barber? Don't want anyone towing there babies home for sure. Track is just an idea, what we maybe could do is that the people that would like to could hit the track post-cruise and people that didn't could come and hang out or go there separate ways.