Nissan Meet in Birmingham, AL June 15-16

Re: Nissan Pow-Wow near Foley, AL

NizmoZ31 wrote: Not fond of which track, Steele or Barber? Don't want anyone towing there babies home for sure. Track is just an idea, what we maybe could do is that the people that would like to could hit the track post-cruise and people that didn't could come and hang out or go there separate ways.
    Sounds solid. I'd love to see some on the track, but mine isn't getting on one yet. So, lunch > cruise > track and hangout? Also, do we just want Z cars or are we inviting other people? I've got two friends that have a 2005 Legacy Spec.B and a 2012 Mustang that would probably be down to hang and/or track their cars.

1985 300ZX Turbo GLL ^Click for log^

Originally posted by nater86zx
    No such thing as hoarding Z parts. When it comes to z parts, its not hoarding its preparedness!

I know it's not necessarily in Alabama, but we're going to the Mitty at Road Atlanta at the end of April, if any of you guys want to come out!
    Chicks dig me, rust fears me.

No, it's for anyone in general that has/had/loves the Z or any other fast, fun car. My cousin is gonna join us (he lives in Auburn) and he's driving a 2005 Hyundai Tibby. The goal is to have a bunch of guys that love cars get together and just hangout and do what we love to do. Also about the day, are we wanting a weekend meet or like a one day thing? As much as I want this to be like Branson thats a bit much for the first time we're having this, but a weekend meet (Friday-Saterday or Saterday-Sunday) would make it easier. I just dont want everything to be rushed on the count of a cruise, lunch and the track ya know? Just an idea. :P
    Kira-1988 N/A T-Top- Turbo soon
    Naomi-1984 N/A Slicktop R.I.P.-stolen
    1976 Chevy Camaro R.I.P.- Custom candycane rods

NizmoZ31 wrote: My cousin is gonna join us (he lives in Auburn) and he's driving a 2005 Hyundai Tibby.
    Don't tell me he drives a silver one with spray bombed black parts? If so, I feel sorry for you being related to him.

Barber is a road course track. I do believe they have a motorsports muesem that we could check out.

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

Maybe we could do something on Friday and then have some optional stuff to do on Saturday for people that wanted to or could spend the night? I'm down for spending the night probably. And I'll tell my friends then. Should be fun!

No such thing as hoarding Z parts. When it comes to z parts, its not hoarding its preparedness!

Sounds good, how about Friday June 22nd and Saterday the 23rd? The overnight idea sounds good to me, I'll stay to. I'll probably drive up the day before and stay the night to avoid the early morning driving all the way there, and to give some time for meh Z to relax Nissanegg: yea thats the guy… lol. I actually have a picture of your Z on my phone that he sent me and I gotta say… it's purty uioui

The motorsports museum sounds good also and I've never been on a road course before so Barber would be a good experience for me I think lol. We should start making this an annual thing once we get a date decided.

NizmoZ31 wrote: The motorsports museum sounds good also and I've never been on a road course before so Barber would be a good experience for me I think lol. We should start making this an annual thing once we get a date decided.
    If you want to run on Barber you might want to sign up for the ZNats at Z1's website. They are having the track day there this year. It's in October. I'll be at the show, not sure about the track day yet.

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

I'll check it out, thanks man. which track were we going to run on for the people that wanted to?

I looked on the Barber website and couldn't find anything about track days. Do they let regular joes on the track? June 22 won't work for me. My wife and my mom's birthday are that weekend, lol. What about June 15-16?

That sounds good to me, so i'll be up there probley around 7-8pm on the 14th and check into my hotel then the 15th and 16th we can have Z party :OO3 My brother just agreed to come up there with me (he drives an 87 FC RX-7 turbo) That will be the set date until someone has told me of a problem so PLEASE speak up if that date will not work for you.

Doing a quick role-call (please reply with name or screen name and car)
    me-88 na t-top
    brother- FC rx-7 turbo

My wife and I may come over… Sounds like fun… as long as you guys don't mind an old fart like me there :nanan?re
    ha ha. as long as it isn't the weekend of June 9 I think we can make it. I may just trailer the Z though.

Silver 86T 3" turbo back Cm exhaust ST Springs / Tokiko Blues
    87-89 turbo front hubs z32 brakes in front Z32 Master Cylinder
    Autometer boost gauge a-pillar pod, autometer oil temp and pressure.
    5zigen FN01R-C FRONT 17x8.5 245/45 REAR 17x10 285/40 rubber Kumho ECSTA ASX
    Turbo XS BC, EGRblocked off, 5% limo tint

The plan is June 15-16 (16th is an optional day) no body has posted with a problem so I'm acting on that plan and keeping that date for now. Of course we don't mind Z more Z merrier :haha

June 15-16 (16th optional day)
    Roll call

NizmoZ31-88 na t-top
    NizmoZ31's brother- FC rx-7 turbo
    turblown - 85 turbo t-top