New Site Categories - 7/27

• New Site Categories - 7/27

Am I the only one to see all the new sub forums re-organized?

There is hardly enough traffic to support the old layout, and now even more confusing with the mirrored repairs and modification section and a bunch of unnecessary other stuffs

Bummers

I could concentrate on getting more traffic back to the site, than trying to reorganize the subforums
    86na - BlueZ
    Shiro #366 - Kouki Monster
    85t - Mr Tickles

Maybe we should bomb Facebook because that's were all the traffic's
    gone. The kids want the instant response and are sacrificing their ability to pull up past threads.

1988 300ZX Turbo, Shiro Special #760
    1988 300ZX Turbo Automatic (wife's car)
    1991 Hard-body 2WD

http://zccw.org/zccw/?page_id=1215

a basic section has always been desperately needed here…
    Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
    Under the cover - THE BANANA… that needs to be re-energized.
    sigpic

But no one goes there, it's easier to get flamed AND have your question answered. And that's going back to the Z31.com days too…

Yeah I agree with mr vanniewihaasdofnasd. Too many sections divide up the information and make it more confusing where to post your question.

If this site had 100+ threads per day I could see the need for organization, but it was pretty good the way it was before, especially with the highly reduced traffic.

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

Originally posted by adamvann3 View Post
    There is hardly enough traffic to support the old layout, and now even more confusing with the mirrored repairs and modification section and a bunch of unnecessary other stuffs
    Agreed.
    Justin
    1986 NA 2-seater
    SCCA Solo E-Street Prepared #31
    Race Videos
    Build Thread

Originally posted by reddzx View Post
    Maybe we should bomb Facebook because that's were all the traffic's
    gone. The kids want the instant response and are sacrificing their ability to pull up past threads.
    No offense, or maybe some offense you post up on FB with updates way more than you do your threads on here. I understand there is more views and instant gratification with likes, but that does not help bring traffic to the site....

Plus I dont want the kids up in here. They can have their fancy phones and FB posts. Ill stick to the keyboard and the site. There are plenty of members here (like brian) that do not have FB.

But before we get all derailed, there just isnt enough traffic on this site to support all the new subforums that were created.
    86na - BlueZ
    Shiro #366 - Kouki Monster
    85t - Mr Tickles

Am I the only one to see all the new sub forums re-organized?

Bummers

I could concentrate on getting more traffic back to the site, than trying to reorganize the subforums
    Originally posted by frostvectron View Post
    Agreed.
    +1

Quality of sub forums > quantity of subforums.
    '86 300ZXT GLL
    '78 Datsun 280Z BP
    '11 Saab 9-3 Aero XWD

Before the update, most sections didn't have new posts for several days. Now we have almost doubled the amount of sections with the subforums, so basically there will be a bunch of dead subforums that nobody will check. I think adding more sections is only necessary when threads are getting buried too quickly.
    Justin
    1986 NA 2-seater
    SCCA Solo E-Street Prepared #31
    Race Videos
    Build Thread

No offense, or maybe some offense you post up on FB with updates way more than you do your threads on here. .
    You're right, I do. I'm hooked like a research monkey on FB.

No offense taken. Maybe I need start spending more time here.

1988 300ZX Turbo, Shiro Special #760
    1988 300ZX Turbo Automatic (wife's car)
    1991 Hard-body 2WD

http://zccw.org/zccw/?page_id=1215

Adam on one hand I agree with you, on the other… the mods can make it look more "full" by moving the threads that are now in the wrong sections, like those ones without any performance aspect

After about 3 weeks of reading/moving it might not look so empty

What is this "facebook" you speak of?
    Usual Z31 suspect: Garage Queen (aka broken)

but FB is just soooooooooooooooooooooo easy.

I need to post here more often anyways. I've been slacking off.

2001 Mazda Miata LS
    also a 1989 Nissan 240SX

50th AE Build Thread SOLD 2015

Originally posted by Kimbro Slice

I need to post here more often anyways. I've been slacking off.
    This. Before I joined the forum, I creeped on here a lot and always saw you posting. Then I get on, you buy a S13, think you're hawt shyt and rarely come back. I miss the old times BRO.

Anyway, this might seem like a dumb comment, but screw it… Is it possible to make the damn boxes for each subforum smaller? I feel like i'm scrolling on the page for days now, just to find the "right" subforum. Doesn't that also make it even less appealing for folks with fancy phones/tablets to use the forum?

Heading back to the noob corner of the forums now, catch ya later.

So? The new z31performance is going to become the old z31.com?

If you catch my drift .. an effort to address the concerns of those who are NOT OUT to create (either real or imagined) power at all costs beast called the Z31?

As I've always indicated .. the forum (z31performance, 88hybrid, etc ..) is great for in-depth discussions/sharing of ideas/etc .. FB is for "water cooler" quick exchanges of information ..
    '84Z31 GLL turbo|theZenthusiast site: http://www.thezenthusiast.com |

Originally posted by maronee
    PS - by the way your Z31's famous here in japan, dude!!