Question on a V8 swap

Shit for the power to be made from the V8, what does that little bit of weight even matter...........absolutely nothing really!
    1uz Swapped, lowered, flaked out '86 z31
    '72 Datsun 510 4dr, ka24de-T, slammed resto mod
    '84 z31 turbo, coils, wheels a.k.a the gfs weekend car
    '86 na2t parts for now a.k.a eventually will get running with a/c daily
    '83 280zx project backburner a.k.a ls turbo drag car one day
    Custom vg30et tube chassis drift exocet project

V8 hate in a Z31 is strong on this forum. I did some more test fitting of my 350 today and am just looking for a trans before I finalize my motor mounts so I know that everything will fit as required.

DeleriousZ wrote: Just saying, you'd be in the company of more like minded people if you owned an american car.
    if the situation was presented, i would not hesitate to trade my Z for a classic american muscle car. But i chose to buy the Z, so i'm going to make it how i want it :-D

American v8 hate. zmech's car is one of my top 5 z31's.

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

DeleriousZ wrote: American v8 hate. zmech's car is one of my top 5 z31's.
    Dude, we get it. You don't really like America, and you hate American V8's and shit. Quit fucking coming into threads that you KNOW are going to mention an American V8 and spouting off shit. Just go right over it… Its not hard to do.

And i agree, Zmech's car is done very well. Won't say its in my top 5… but definitely my top 10

1988 570zx SS Edition

Originally posted by Neil86t
    Just get a slick paint job like mine and its all good. I had a girl that said she wanted to lick my car. She ended up licking my sack…end of story. Bitch ain't gonna lick my car.

I just can't see why people have so much hate on here for American v8's. Apparently they have never been behind the wheel of a growling beast. I mean, the sound alone is better than any other type of motor. Once you stomp it in a high HP v8, you'll never want anything less again. I'd rather spend my money, and have a supercharged (Yes, after the swap and some money saving up I am going to find a way) v8, than put it into the VG30. Don't get me wrong, I love Z's with a passion, I have never regret purchasing it, but I am not to fond of the VG30.

FallenRev wrote: but I am not to fond of the VG30.
    why not?

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

[quote]DeleriousZ wrote:
    Originally posted by FallenRev
    but I am not to fond of the VG30.
    why not?
    Well I should have worded that differently. What I ment by that is I don't have any where near as much the knowledge of it than american v8's. When I purchased this Z, I did so with the mindset that I am going to turn it exactly into what I want. And the best memories from my childhood are hauling ass down a country back road in my familie's 87 Camero with a LT1 that would push everything of 200MPH, call bullshit it if you want, I witnessed it. And even though I'm not yet putting something with as much power under the hood, it's a step towards it. I am going to do everything possible to not turn it into an abomination looks wise. I still want it to look like the good ole z31 :-D

yes, good for everyone in here going the easy route! The 5.3 is by far the best candidate for teh swap as they are so plentiful and cheap, and the big daddy of them all is the 05+ L33 aluminum block 5.3 which is one of the strongest stock engines on the market. If you can find a L33 for a decent price of 700-900 i would go for it. Better heads (243's) 05+ truck motors got huge rods that are good for 800hp, and flat top pistons with 9.9:1 compression. Did i mention the aluminum block with rediculously thick sleeves?!?!?

Also if you are looking into a manual trans that is way cheaper than a T56 look into the TV3500 (i think) that came in the pickups as well. It is in all essence a R154 (supra) and has a good slave with cluthes availible from spec that would hold 800hp in a Z, i reccomend the spec 3+ by far, great setup. If any of you have LSx engine specific questions i will try to answer them as best i can, I do know first hand about turbo and superchargers for them, and the fact that my bone stock 6.0L was making a bit over 700hp and is still going strong after 4 years
    87 Turbo: Stock VG33, stock cams, maxima intake, T5, DXD stage 3 clutch, tubular stainless headers, GT3582r, full 3" stainless exhaust, E85 680cc inj. and Nistune
    current time: 13.39@106, 2.05 60' 12psi with old stock 85T motor and street tires!

V8 swaps in Zs are the shit (waits for ghey "fixed" comment). I wouldn't mind owning a V8 swapped Z, though I think I'd prefer a S30. There are less on the road so you can piss off more people for less work. :nanan?re And that bodystyle (to me) just looks like something that should have something better than a 2.4L 6 cylinder in it. Out of the V8 swaps I have seen in Z31s though, zmech seems to have make the perfect combination. Unfortunately, it would seem to me that maybe all that does is take the problems with the VG, and add two more cylinders for it to play in (cost, aftermarket, all that fun stuff). I could be wrong, but you could take a bare SBC or SBF block into any parts store, and walk out with a complete engine's worth of parts.

Actually, I've seen a few pictures of somebody starting to put a Viper motor in a 240Z. Do want. Can get Viper driveline for less than ZFast claims to be spending on his VG37ETT.

/drool
    Feedback- viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19840

floridaZ wrote: Actually, I've seen a few pictures of somebody starting to put a Viper motor in a 240Z. Do want. Can get Viper driveline for less than ZFast claims to be spending on his VG37ETT.

/drool
    And still be 500 horsepower short....Wait I bet you wouldnt crack a block though…

A Viper drivetrain would be a very good start. They have the best version of the T-56 6-speed out there unless you go aftermarket.
    The bullshit stops, when the GREEN light drops.

Only babies cry about the bottle.

I just picked up my LSX engine, and Im ready to start working on this beast of a thing!

Plan to get is running and everything and get used to the HP and TQ it puts out then go with mods from there. Also I like that fact that it was a very well maintained engine.

lol don't try getting used to the new found torque in the rain (since we all know Polk County has been rainy as hell this past week)

TurboDreams wrote: lol don't try getting used to the new found torque in the rain (since we all know Polk County has been rainy as hell this past week)
    haha I know that man, shit with that engine I will not even drive the car in the rain anymore.....im already too scared to do so as it is!

I can imagine, I know how far INSTINCTIVELY now (well actually I've known for 2 years) to drive straight while torque steering, granted this is never a problem when it isn't raining. This is Florida though, it rains all summer.

Double up on the torque driving a Z31 in the rain = hell. Call me an idiot but I have accidentally drifted my mom's Xterra on a rainy day making a right at a busy 4 way stop intersection.