bixenon Projector Retrofit. **kouki retro in progress**

Re: 7x6 bixenon Projector Retrofit

I'm buying back my cousin's mini D2S projectors I got from TRS I originally sold him. I found Pilot brand H4 conversion kit on Amazon, and I'll try it with the mini D2S setup.

I had purchased an ebay set and it has glass lenses. I'm gonna toss them and try the Pilot set to see if I can get my retrofit going.

I'm actually selling one set of pilots. I haven't sold it on here yet.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthr … m-housings

They have a small surface scratch…if u want em
    My Build Thread

Very nice work, Sir. Even though they are not intended to be used as fogs, I went with the Stage III FX-R's from TRS in the fog position.

I sealed the housings with GOOP adhesive and finished them in black. I am running 55W ballasts in them- The light output is stunning.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28869&p=328684&hilit=Retrofit+ FXR+fogs#p328684
    Everything is Meaningless.

PulseCode wrote: Very nice work, Sir. Even though they are not intended to be used as fogs, I went with the Stage III FX-R's from TRS in the fog position.

I sealed the housings with GOOP adhesive and finished them in black. I am running 55W ballasts in them- The light output is stunning.

http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtop … gs#p328684
    Thanks man.

Yea those projectors rock. I have a set of them in my van, and I put a set in my friends car. Good value for the money.
    My Build Thread

Ran these lihts in my friends s13 that had a rock hard suspension. Ran into a small issue with the Hoke I Driller forbthe high beam. Easy fix. And.....it didn't fall apart lol.

I also fixed my oven. So finally get to start making a few sets.
    My Build Thread

Prototype number 2!

Since I had a clearence issue, I knew there had to be another way to secure the projector. So decided to work on this glass set today (and it fits perfectly by the way). These are glass lenses and there were a BIOTCH to open. The plastic lens opened at 275 degrees for 7 min. These ones was 375 for 20 minutes!!! The housing actually warped a little bit, which helped pry off the glue…but when it cooled down it formed back to normal.

I now have no more issue with that bar behind the light. Makes me happy.

Got some 2'' pvc pipe, you will see why later. As you can see I cut the rear of the housing out, and cut on the sides to allow the projector to sit correctly and sit lower.

Rear view

This is how it will sit. On top of that pvc im putting a ABS cover just like my first attempt. That way the projector has something to mount to. The pvc will be plastic welded to the housing.

Projector clearence, JUST enough

Here is how the PVC sits. Almost a perfect fit.
    My Build Thread

Re: 7x6 bixenon Projector Retrofit. **Prototype #2 on page

nice dude, cant wait to see my kouki lights
    1989 Nissan 300zx Turbo "MAW Edition"
    viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10617

Unit put together. I finally bought some low gloss paint instead of gloss, looks much better. These units had city lights, I took them out and routed the wiring for the high beam through them. I also like these housings because they have built in vents, saves me troubles later.

Now this will definitly fit in the z lol.
    My Build Thread

Im in to see how these turn out.

Been occupied with another car latley, but finally gave these puppies a chance to dry. I sealed them up with silicone because the old rubber stuff was hopeless.

My Build Thread

J18199 wrote: nice dude, cant wait to see my kouki lights
    Yes, I'd like to see the kouki lights.

[quote]Ven wrote:
    Originally posted by J18199
    nice dude, cant wait to see my kouki lights
    Yes, I'd like to see the kouki lights.
    In progress… :slurp Going shopping for supplies in the morning :-D
    My Build Thread

how well do those work with the headlights flipped down or is the cut off line to low to do that??

regardless v2 looks great!
    86 NA
    87 Turbo
    Member of the "zetto sun-ichi" group

Local MN car forum/club anyone welcome..... fivezeroseven.net join!

edicer2 wrote: how well do those work with the headlights flipped down or is the cut off line to low to do that??

regardless v2 looks great!
    Not great unfortunately. The design if the projector in the way they emit light sucks when in sleepy mode. All foreground is gone, all you see is some light at the cutoff line.

I'm my first design I tried to mount the projector higher and still no luck.

But with cool projectors, I'd like to show them off
    My Build Thread

Damn, lookin good man. I may have to sign up for a set this summer if you're down.