NisTune Info (link)

OK85ZX wrote: A few members of the community grabbed the beta version of the board/software to try/test it out.
    Yep, and unfortunately I am several months from being able to use my 84NA Nistune ECU.

Matt used to have the price on the site. Apparently he is considering some pricing changes?
    Just stand back and throw money.
    Performance costs money.
    Reliable performance costs more.

`

[quote]Bernardd wrote:
    Originally posted by Firehawk
    is there any benefit to using the 88 ecu with the 16bit hardware?
    i'm not aware of any 16 bit z31 ecu. the sr20/ka24de ecu's are 16bit and require daughterboards. all the processors in the ecu's are the same. the newer ecu's have newer components but that doesn't necessarily make them better. didn't someone post a dyno sheet of a 84 ecu vs the 88 ecu on the same engine where the 84 tune was better? i would think as soon as you tune either it wouldn't matter anyway.
    The 88-89's have a 16 bit eeprom setup that's easier to tune yet the factory tune is inferior to the previous years' ECUs because it's setup for the smaller t25 turbo.
    Lance 'never-ending 88na2t project' Landry
    I sell Z stuff when I'm not being lazy.
    Trace cell phones via GPS: http://www.phonetrace.org

Lance wrote:
    The 88-89's have a 16 bit eeprom setup that's easier to tune yet the factory tune is inferior to the previous years' ECUs because it's setup for the smaller t25 turbo.
    Since this seems to be a fact in question, where did you get that information. I consider what Bernard says on this subject to be near proof considering his experience. So if you disagree, I'd love to see where you got that info.
    http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

[quote]Steve88t wrote:
    Originally posted by Lance
    Since this seems to be a fact in question, where did you get that information. I consider what Bernard says on this subject to be near proof considering his experience. So if you disagree, I'd love to see where you got that info.
    JWT… but I guess considering their record it could be wrong
    Lance 'never-ending 88na2t project' Landry
    I sell Z stuff when I'm not being lazy.
    Trace cell phones via GPS: http://www.phonetrace.org

[`

So if I wanted to use Nistune there would be no actual performance advantage for me to use an 88-89 N/A ECU in place of my 84 Turbo ECU?
    1976 280Z 2+2 Turbo
    '81 L28ET, '84 Turbo ECCS, '84-'85 rotors + Toyota 4x4 front calipers + 240SX rears, Z31 DXD Stage I clutch kit, Evo intercooler, Tokico lowering springs and HP blues
    "I drive an S30…your stock equipment is my future upgrade!"

[quote]FlawleZ wrote:
    Originally posted by 84z31
    i just paid off my desk top computer yesterday. sounds like its time to step up to the lab top. i can't wait to get the nistune for my car. i'm very excited for this setup. and you simply cannot beat the price. i hope the guy is making a few dollars off it.
    I don't think he has disclosed a price on the final product yet.
    Price is AUD$300, which is about USD$230, S&H not included. This is from Matt's email about a month ago.
    Matte Black 86T - Sold

Considering the alternatives, that isn't a bad price. This is only the second advancement for z31 ecu's since jwt started selling his shit O-so-many years ago. I think when they become publicaly available a BUNCH of you should buy them. I will.....
    http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

280Z Turbo wrote: So if I wanted to use Nistune there would be no actual performance advantage for me to use an 88-89 N/A ECU in place of my 84 Turbo ECU?
    I'm not at all sure how to alter the voltage circuit on the earlier (pre 88) ECU's to allow maf/VQmap changes away from the stock MAF. I'm sure someone has or will figure that out though.

Steve88t wrote: Considering the alternatives, that isn't a bad price. This is only the second advancement for z31 ecu's since jwt started selling his shit O-so-many years ago. I think when they become publicaly available a BUNCH of you should buy them. I will.....
    Count me in. Heck, the market going rate for the 88T/NA ecu is around $130. One guy on Z31.com told me he wanted $200 for it. And thats just the ECU, forget about all the other Romulator costs on top of that. Yes, $230 for the whole package is nice and reasonable…I'll start saving for it now.
    http://www.vgpowered.com
    Bridging the gap between VG communities…

Z shirts and more http://www.cafepress.com/zcargifts

[quote]Jason84NA2T wrote:
    Originally posted by 280Z Turbo
    So if I wanted to use Nistune there would be no actual performance advantage for me to use an 88-89 N/A ECU in place of my 84 Turbo ECU?
    I'm not at all sure how to alter the voltage circuit on the earlier (pre 88) ECU's to allow maf/VQmap changes away from the stock MAF. I'm sure someone has or will figure that out though.
    what about figuring out a way to signal boost regular MAF signals the 2v or so.

I'm talking about bringing the "normal" 0-5v signal to 2-7v's like the ecu's expecting.

In theory, that would get you around having to find the resistors to cut out.
    vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
    2009 370z touring/nav/sports

`

hey guys

just joined up. bernard forwarded me the link to this page. just to let you know what the deal is with the boards

the current version of boards (rev b) as pictured on the website require a pocket romulator and will work in 1986-1989 Z31 ecus.

i dont think there are any Z31 ecus I can't do. Also I'm not aware of any 16 bit Z31 ecus. the 16 bit ECUs started happening when JECS moved to the MELPS processors after Hitachi got sued by Motorola for ripping off the 6802/6303 processors used in Z31/Z32 ecus. hence only late model Z32 ecus are 16 bit.

these revb boards are the $300AUD mark with the software and installation instructions. i have about six of these left.

currently support three different wideband units (zeitronix, techedge and innovate)

the software should run on any PC. it was written for small size and high speed

was orignally developed on Win98 and still runs this on a daily basis on my test bitch P266 Compaq Laptop with 64MB RAM. It could probably even run on slower machines since the most cpu intensive thing is the logging part of it. It can also run on Windows XP as that is my other dev machine

The revb board itself provides a communiations interface to the ecu to let us read the engine parameters (implementing a consult interface). using a romulator lets you tune in realtime. when you are done, you need to burn an eprom afterwards with the tune

The next generation of boards (revc/revd) in testing are NVRAM based. this means no external emulator (like pocket romulator) is required. you just plug the board in to a socket where the ROM used to sit, solder up 4 wires to the CPU and put in the USB port where the diagnostics connector normally sits and reinstall the ecu

This means you can just plug in the USB connector when you wish, and monitor or change in realtime parameters on the ECU. when you are happy with the changes you 'burn' them and less than 0.01 seconds later they are saved. You can do all this in realtime with the engine running, unlike other products out there for nissans. It pretty much works but I need to get it all checked before i get a batch of them made up. Those will be about a month or so off depending how much free time I get :wink:

cheers
    Matt

[quote]Jason84NA2T wrote:
    Originally posted by 280Z Turbo
    I've figured out how to change the Timing and Fuel Maps on my 84T ECCS.

I've also figured out how to convert it over to use the 28DIP EEPROM, just haven't worked on it enough to figure out all the new address's.

As far as the voltage circuit on the MAS, it's easy. It's a voltage divider (scaler), just like the later models.
    1984 300ZXT
    1986 300ZX 2x2 NA2T
    2000 Porsche Boxster
    2007 Toyota Yaris