Are Russ Adjustable Cam Gears still available?

At this point I assume this is probably a no go?

Anyone have any sources that could make a similar one? I've done some googling and can't come up with anyone.
    Prius… because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car…

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

Yeah, I am beginning to think so. With no word back at this point, I would think he either never received the e-mail or wasn't interested in replying back.
    Build Log Link: http://z31performance.com/showthread…-VG33-HX35-WIP

I will ask around…

Sorry guys, I just don't check Z31performance that much any more. I was here today because I was looking for some info to send out with the set of cam gears I shipped this morning.
    Don't know what email address you are using because I always reply to any I get. You can reach me at [email protected]. If you send it to RussCharlton it will end up at a real nice guy in NYC who drives a Miata and Road racing to him means using two feet.

Here is the deal on cam gears. I have been making them since 2004. I have to have a batch of at least 30 hubs (15 sets) and 20 (10 sets) of the cores done at a time to make it worth while for my machinist to do them.
    Once that is done the minimum charge for getting the cores anodized is 30 pieces of each color. Then is is a couple of bucks to get the cores blackened and clear coated.
    Once I get that done I have about a 2 year supply of cam gears. That is the reason for only having one color. It is to expensive to make several colors and sit on them.
    I also offer them for the VG33 platform. The hubs are the same, but it means that I have to get both of the cores done…have to guess which one will be needed.

The basics: The cost is still the same as it was when I started and will remain the same until my costs go up.
    I shipped out my last VG33 set this morning. I have enough hubs and VG30 cores in stock to make up 4 sets. Then I would have to do some sets of cores and could make 3 more sets of VG30 or 33's.

If you guys want to get together about 10 people who want to order gears, I will have another batch started. The first ones to send in their money can get the ones I have in stock. The rest will either get theirs when the next batch of cores is completed. Any one else would have to wait until the next batch was finished. 10 sets isn't enough to pay for all the costs, but I will go ahead and have enough extra made to cover what is needed.
    If I have enough wanting a color other than Red I will consider making the next batch that color.
    I don't need any extra cores at this time as I have enough to do a batch and those are replaced by people returning them.

If you have any questions let me know.

Russ
    …and how much HP do you have at 0 boost

I had used [email protected] which is what you have listed on your site. Now that I take a look at the e-mail address you have listed above, the addy on your site is missing one l on the end of russell. That is where the mistake was made on my end haha.

Well, I will put the list up on this page to for ease of access for people so they don't need to jump back a page to copy it. I'm also adding the type (VG30 OR VG33) to the end of my name just to figure out who will be needing what.

1. Zericmz (VG33)
    2. Mizagyu
    3. FloridaZ
    4. Stufferton
    5. D21
    6.707Redz31
    Build Log Link: http://z31performance.com/showthread…-VG33-HX35-WIP

Russ, your site says the $100 core is charged up front. Would you be willing to let us pay $249 up front via PayPal and send the cores to you? I can't speak for others, but I'd be fine if you wanted to hold the new gears from shipping till my cores arrived.

1. Zericmz (VG33)
    2. Mizagyu
    3. FloridaZ
    4. Stufferton
    5. D21
    6.707Redz31
    7. jaqattack02 (VG30)

My 1986 Turbo Build

1. Zericmz (VG33)
    2. Mizagyu
    3. Stufferton
    4. D21
    5.707Redz31
    6. jaqattack02 (VG30)
    7. floridaZ

I'll give up my spot in the first four since I'm gonna be out of contact for a while.
    Feedback- viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19840

The only reason for a core charge is to get the core back not to make money. The easiest thing to do is send a money order with your cores. Or send me the cores and when I have them, then send the payment. I am willing to work on a case by case basis to work out the payments.
    …and how much HP do you have at 0 boost

Originally posted by Russ84na
    The only reason for a core charge is to get the core back not to make money. The easiest thing to do is send a money order with your cores. Or send me the cores and when I have them, then send the payment. I am willing to work on a case by case basis to work out the payments.
    Sending the cores first works too. Where would you like them sent?

I guess we need to work out how this will go, are we going in order by what's on the list, or first come (or in this case first paid), first served? I guess this mostly applies to the 4 that are available now.

My 1986 Turbo Build

Guys, you can scratch me off the list. Im the lucky one who got the last set. Thanks for the help and best of luck!

Scott

Can we get a further discount sending more cores?

I have cores if anyone needs them too! Russ your gears are awesome and working great
    Usual Z31 suspect: Garage Queen (aka broken)

Originally posted by G-E
    Can we get a further discount sending more cores?
    See below, he already said no.

Originally posted by Russ84na
    I don't need any extra cores at this time as I have enough to do a batch and those are replaced by people returning them.
    Russ

My 1986 Turbo Build

Alright, add me to the list for vg30's

Even after moving and buying a g37, im still in this guys! I have $ and cores ready to go!

Project Black Betty