Are Russ Adjustable Cam Gears still available?

Update to the list:
    D21 as he said already had his gears. This means that I have no VG33 gears in stock. Zericmz (VG33) if you are interested I will have to add you to the list that will be filled on the next batch

I have had two people from the list contact me about VG30 gears. I told both of them that I would box up a set for each of them and hold them for a week to 10 days for them to send the cores and the money. If I don't get it they will go to the next person who wants them.

That leaves me with two sets of VG30 gears…both Red. I will do the same for those that I did for the others. If you want them, send me an email and let me know. I will give you the shipping address for cores/payment or my paypal address.

For anyone that wants VG33 gears or if there are more than 2 who want VG30 gears, I would like to have at least 5 sets that people are willing to put a deposit on a set and I will make up the minimum and have another batch run. It usually takes from 2 weeks to 2 months to get a batch machined and finished depending on how busy my shop is.

I usually don't require deposits, but having done this on multiple projects I know that there are always more "I'm in" than actual orders and getting a minimum of hubs and cores done is a lot of cash to sit on for a couple of years just to help out the Z31 community.

Let me know so I can line up the machinist.
    …and how much HP do you have at 0 boost

Add me to this list please. I will contact Russ for special instructions. I've talked to him just before Christmas. I am planning on sending the cores in a few weeks.

Russ, I shot you an email.
    Feedback- viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19840

UPDATE:

SinceI found this thread I have shipped gears to the following:

D21
    707Redz31

One set is paid for and waiting for cores:

Jaqattack02

Another set is on hold waiting for reply:

FlordiaZ

That leaves one set until I have more done. I only have VG30's available for the last set. If anyone wants it send me an email and let me know.
    Once it is gone I am out of gears. I have two more hubs and will get a couple of VG30 and VG33 cores machined to match up with those.
    I talked to my shop and he said that it would be at least a month before he could work them in.
    He would like to do a batch of hubs and cores at the same time. In order to do that I will need 5 people who are willing to commit to getting a set. Then I will pay for the rest of the run to have some in stock.
    What I mean by commit is put down a non refundable deposit of $100. Once they are ready I will notify you and you can send in your cores and the balance due.

Here is a list of people from this thread that expressed an interest. If you are interested let me know. If all of you want gears there is enough to do another batch, but I need a deposit.

1. Zericmz (VG33)
    2. Mizagyu
    3. Stufferton
    4. D21***Shipped
    5.707Redz31 ***shipped
    6. jaqattack02 (VG30)****pd waiting for cores
    7. floridaZ****contacted waiting for response
    8. LAz****shipping cores for next batch
    9. GE
    10. Joshers21
    11. akurtzer57
    11. drb5721

Russ

I see a red cam gear and want it painted black…

Well I have the money to commit on the next run if we can get 4 others from the list to commit.
    Build Log Link: http://z31performance.com/showthread…-VG33-HX35-WIP

Response and cash sent.

G-E: Yea, I'm not a ran of red in the engine bay. But it will mesh in pretty well if you do the OG red/blue AN fittings.

Originally posted by floridaZ
    Response and cash sent.

G-E: Yea, I'm not a ran of red in the engine bay. But it will mesh in pretty well if you do the OG red/blue AN fittings.
    Or once the tune is set, put the timing cover back on, and the gears won't be visible.
    Prius… because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car…

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

Naaaaaaah. I'm gonna try to find a clean way to cut the front cover so I can access the gears. Ideally that doesn't sacrifice too much of the purpose of having the cover in the first place.

Originally posted by floridaZ
    Naaaaaaah. I'm gonna try to find a clean way to cut the front cover so I can access the gears. Ideally that doesn't sacrifice too much of the purpose of having the cover in the first place.
    Be the first to make an acrylic cover!

I made an acrylic "window" cover out of a stocker last time I had adjustable gears on my car. Hardest part was to solve the problem of the special contours for the cam bolts.... If you don't want it to stick out super far and look tacky. Or look tacky with holes cut for the bolts like I did. Lol

This might be a stupid question, but I want to be sure:

If I'm planning on a VG33 swap but keeping the VG30 cams, I would need VG30 cam gears, not VG33, right?
    Zoey - 1987 Z31T GLL - HKS EVC / CM SS 3" turbo-back / Stance GR+
    Black Betty - 2014 Audi C7 S6 APR1

Originally posted by Parker

If I'm planning on a VG33 swap but keeping the VG30 cams, I would need VG30 cam gears, not VG33, right?
    You just have to match the gears up with the timing belt you want to run. VG33 uses round tooth gear, VG30 is more square. As far as I know, the gears are interchangeable otherwise. I believe someone mentioned that the round tooth gears and belt are 100,000 miles on a belt, vs 60,000 for the square tooth.
    Prius… because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car…

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

Cool, thanks jaqattack.
    Zoey - 1987 Z31T GLL - HKS EVC / CM SS 3" turbo-back / Stance GR+
    Black Betty - 2014 Audi C7 S6 APR1

Originally posted by Parker

jaqattack02 is correct. The VG30 and VG33 are interchangeable on the VG30/33 engines. You just have to have the timing belt, cam gears and the crank gear all match.