Are Russ Adjustable Cam Gears still available?

will the VG33 crank gear fit the VG30 W series crank?

1988 300ZX Turbo, Shiro Special #760
    1988 300ZX Turbo Automatic (wife's car)
    1991 Hard-body 2WD

http://zccw.org/zccw/?page_id=1215

I don't believe so. I believe the VG33 crank to have a slightly thicker snout, and possibly a tad longer as well, than the VG30 cranks. Both A/B and W series. I am going to dig around on Google in a minute and check for sure.

Edit: The crank gear must be matched with the crankshaft you are using.
    Source: http://forums.nicoclub.com/true-diff…3-t337554.html
    Build Log Link: http://z31performance.com/showthread…-VG33-HX35-WIP

Thread: Round tooth timing belt swap

Originally posted by reddzx
    will the VG33 crank gear fit the VG30 W series crank?
    The VG30 engine that was used in the D21 truck 84.5 to 95 came with a VG30e motor that used the round tooth belt. So that crank gear will fit on the crank and allow the swap. The gear I have uses a single key so it will fit on my 84 VG30 crank
    …and how much HP do you have at 0 boost

Originally posted by Russ84na
    The VG30 engine that was used in the D21 truck 84.5 to 95 came with a VG30e motor that used the round tooth belt. So that crank gear will fit on the crank and allow the swap. The gear I have uses a single key so it will fit on my 84 VG30 crank
    incorrect. All 90's vg30e were equipped with round tooth gears. The trucks and pathy's were rocking square tooth gears up until the early 90's. I cant ever figure out an official changeover year but 93 on for sure.
    "Its the s12's sexy over weight step daughter, the z31"

Here is a list of those of you who said they were interested in getting adjustable cam gears.

1. Zericmz (VG33)
    2. Mizagyu
    3. Stufferton
    4. GE
    5. Joshers21
    6. akurtzer57
    7. drb5721

LAz said he was going to send in his cores to be done.

I have contacted my machinist and he said it would be a month or two before he could get them into the schedule. I need at least 5 people or sets of cam gears to make it worth while to do another batch. I need a commitment that you want them and then when he is ready to start a $100 deposit.
    Please add your name to the list and contact me through email
    [email protected]

Originally posted by Russ84na
    Here is a list of those of you who said they were interested in getting adjustable cam gears.

1. Zericmz (VG33)
    2. Mizagyu
    3. Stufferton
    4. GE
    5. Joshers21
    6. akurtzer57
    7. drb5721

LAz said he was going to send in his cores to be done.

I have contacted my machinist and he said it would be a month or two before he could get them into the schedule. I need at least 5 people or sets of cam gears to make it worth while to do another batch. I need a commitment that you want them and then when he is ready to start a $100 deposit.
    Please add your name to the list and contact me through email
    [email protected]
    Russ, please add my name to the list as well. Let me know when you're ready and I'll get the deposit to you. I'll try to round up my spare head & pull the gears if you need another set of cores to begin with. Thanks!

Russ, please add my name to the list also. Thanks!

ill commit once i find out if i need round or square teeth.. gimme a week or two lol

Project Black Betty

So how close are we to getting a run done now?

Can I still add my name to the list?

Originally posted by HoserRacing
    So how close are we to getting a run done now?
    Like Russ had said, we need five people to actually commit and put $100 dollars down. Once five are committed, a batch will be produced.

Bragen, yes you can. You can go a step further and commit by putting $100 down and get us one person closer to a batch being made
    Build Log Link: http://z31performance.com/showthread…-VG33-HX35-WIP

Out of curiosity, would we like to vote on a different color other than red for this next batch? I'm down for just black. Unless everyone else is kosher with copper…

Build thread http://z31performance.com/showthread…-Paint-done-eh

I have no problem doing a different color. I have done Gold, Red and Blue. Over time the most popular has been Red.
    The cost of getting anodizing done, the last time I had it done for a color was $120.00 min. that breakes down to $4.00 per piece if I get 15 sets done.
    Black was $85.00 min or about 11 sets. If you can decide on which of two colors you want to do and we have enough pre orders I will have enough made to meet the minimums.
    The other option is to get them unfinished and you can get them done what ever color you want. This would save you $8.00 per set.
    I will be trying to get a hold of my machinist today and get a date he could start.

Russ

I want a set of these done for a vg33. if you can russ. I do not have cores, as i already have yours installed on my car i just want another set, as i might be building another vg33 this winter.