S13/S14/S15 Subframe Conversion Kit GB-STANCE MULTILINK!!

• Can the STANCE links still be purchased at that price?

• Yes sir. Links, bushings, suspension, whatever you need.
    "produce first.talk second."

• Here are pictures of the S14 swap which has taken my friend and I just over 30 hours and we're still not 100% complete.

First step was to get the bushings pressed in and the rear bar/studs welded

The subframe is 90% finished. I've test fitted all the arms and I think I have one more day worth of work and it'll be 100% complete. I have to trim a bit of metal off where the RUCA bolt to the subframe and then box the notches + paint to prevent rust.

This is with the max low (RUCA hitting the chassis)

and my favorite shot :-)

*Note: For those using s14 subframes.
    -You will need to grind off a bit off of the top rubber stopper that goes over the front extension tubes to take into consideration the offset bushings.

-You will have to make two cuts for the front mount of the subframe, First cut it to take off half of it as Mike shows in his installation and one to the inside of the mount at a different angle, since the subframe is wider (refer to the pictures at the top)
    -I'm not sure how much of a difference the hump size of the s13 vs. the s14, but I had to go to town on the transmission tunnel, where it tapers off, to make enough room for the subframe to be bolted and to have a half inch of clearance.

Again, thank you Mike for putting this together. It was certainly a great learning curve for me with welding :-D
    1988 SS #71

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

• noiiiiice

• is how it should look all the time

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

• DeleriousZ wrote: is how it should look all the time
    Yup I agree, that's why i'll be cutting off more metal off.
    1988 SS #71

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

• You do not want it bottoming out at that height. Bottom should be when the toe rod smashes into the offset bushing and bends the toe rod. Then you get angled toe rods from STANCE or PBM and try again.

^Great install. Looks good. Yes some hammering of the floor/trans tunnel is required for the "hump"

EDIT: Wanted to add:

That picture of it at MAX low is awesome. Car is tucking tire, but subframe lower control arm is still flat (not angled up). Have you ever seen the geometry on a lowered 240sx? all arms pointed at the sky, toe/camber gain curves are steep.

On Z31, car can be lowered 3-4" from stock, and S-subframe geometry remains excellent.

• i haven't done the math, but I wonder if a 2+2 driveshaft will fit without modification :quoi

• Got me some links finally! All 3 sets of STANCE links. Boo ya. Now waiting to pay for my coilovers :twisted:

Just finished my 13" big brake upgrade as well. Rear brakes will be Z32 2 piston calipers and rotors when I do the S13 subframe. Also already have the Z32 master cylinder ready to roll. So I am getting my ass to the autocross very soon....no excuses now.

• anyone know if q45 subframe will work with this stuffs?

• are you missing top sides of the bushings here?

• The offset bushings and all the new stance bushings are 1pc and single flanged. Raises the subframe about 10mm for roll center correction. Requires more enthusiasm with the notches. Also the front oe z31 lower bracket needs a little spacer or some bending

Your other questions dont seem relevant and i dont have the answers. Search google for q45 subframe dimensions and 2+2 driveshaft lengths.

• Mike_GruiZinga wrote: The offset bushings and all the new stance bushings are 1pc and single flanged. Raises the subframe about 10mm for roll center correction. Requires more enthusiasm with the notches. Also the front oe z31 lower bracket needs a little spacer or some bending
    thank you for the clarification.

Your other questions dont seem relevant and i dont have the answers. Search google for q45 subframe dimensions and 2+2 driveshaft lengths.
    i did, and i only found differential information. sorry for the irrelevancy.

• Wait…so there is a noticeable performance difference by using the new bushing type to get the subframe tucked up further in the body?

• Anything you can do to get the subframe tucked up higher will help suspension geometry on a lowered car.

Since this group buys end, STANCE has released new bushings which look like the above ones, 1 pc and single sided. Many other companies have been offering similar options for several years.

Obviously if you already have the old stance bushings (sold with the group buy) you could cut them down.