S13 coilover adapters.... groupbuy anyone?

• S13 coilover adapters.... groupbuy anyone?

Cut the tube as normal, drill out the nail in the bottom, enlarge to 1/2" hole, insert/orient adapter correctly, use screw to draw in fully (and to straighten), weld around top edge

If we do 5 set groupbuy price would be $260 shipped, tested with turbo tubes

Interesting idea…but for $260 shipped, and welding still being required…why not just buy Z31 coilovers? lol
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

Huh, interesting idea!

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

Welding required either way, this opens the door for a huuuuuuuuuuuuge aftermarket of cheaply attainable coilovers you know that

Also… moar wheel clearance? Camber adjustment at the hub? etc?

Actually there's a lot of geometry changes you can do with this, if you rotate the adapter forward or rearward, the whole knuckle will tilt, changing caster and steering slightly

Rotating it forward would move your kingpin back, and the steering arm down, might help on a lowered car with extra caster?

This can be done prior to welding too, using just the retaining screw underneath and a couple of tacks…

Interesting. Will this fix the problems of swapping s13 front end components? Seems like it would cause geometry problems because the coilovers would not be oriented how they are factory. I know the s13's are designed to be offset but how will that work on the z31? I would love to see these work though If they don't cause any problems and hold up well I'd be seriously considering them.

One question about these adapters vs welding the adapter tube on. Those adapter tubes are Stance, but are all coilovers threaded different? Wouldn't that allow you to simply thread any coils in, not just Stance? If not then these adapters do sound nice.
    私♥フェアレディ・ゼット
    ・1984 300zx N/A

Raven;333844 wrote: Interesting. Will this fix the problems of swapping s13 front end components? Seems like it would cause geometry problems because the coilovers would not be oriented how they are factory. I know the s13's are designed to be offset but how will that work on the z31? I would love to see these work though If they don't cause any problems and hold up well I'd be seriously considering them.

One question about these adapters vs welding the adapter tube on. Those adapter tubes are Stance, but are all coilovers threaded different? Wouldn't that allow you to simply thread any coils in, not just Stance? If not then these adapters do sound nice.
    I think the geometry problems come from the S13 LCAs and tension rods. With this all of that would still be Z31. The coilover assembly itself would be the only S13 part and I don't think running it in a Z31 would hurt anything on that.
    Prius… because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car…

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

Nice!

That's a great idea, best way to have correct camber correction up front IMO.

Great price, there is market for such things.

''And at the end of the day you have a Mitsubishi. It's like masturbating with your own tears.'' Neit86T

jaqattack02;333845 wrote: I think the geometry problems come from the S13 LCAs and tension rods. With this all of that would still be Z31. The coilover assembly itself would be the only S13 part and I don't think running it in a Z31 would hurt anything on that.
    ACTUALLY he problem with swapping in S-car stuff is that the steering arm is integrated into the hub, you have no bumpsteer correction or alternative steering ratio parts available, second is the kicker, the location of the kingpin.... S13 kingpin is in line with the steering axis, the z31 is offset towards the front of the car, a difference magnified with the angle of the strut, giving a Z much greater caster

jaqattack02;333845 wrote: I think the geometry problems come from the S13 LCAs and tension rods. With this all of that would still be Z31. The coilover assembly itself would be the only S13 part and I don't think running it in a Z31 would hurt anything on that.
    That's true but this will cause the coilovers to sit offset from the original location of the down tubes right? Would push the spindles out creating a wider front end. Could have bonuses. Wouldn't take as high an offset wheel to sit flush and it sits it out enough wheels should clear the coils with no problems. Only thing then I'm still unclear on is that if they do push the spindles outward will everything still bolt correctly with no modification?
    私♥フェアレディ・ゼット
    ・1984 300zx N/A

Raven wrote: That's true but this will cause the coilovers to sit offset from the original location of the down tubes right? Would push the spindles out creating a wider front end.
    No the track width is determined by the lca, the bottom of the strut merely moves inward, the top still stays in the same place, as does the balljoint, so the steering axis is maintained

Ok I see it now. Also, you said tested with turbo tubes. What about NA tubes?
    私♥フェアレディ・ゼット
    ・1984 300zx N/A

$600-800 for Cheap S13 coils that arent going to blow in a month…rather you'll get a few months of use. Then $260 for these. Then modified/custom top hats to fit the Z31 properly. In just coilovers and these, you're already at the price of Powertrix/STANCE coils made for the Z31…so why not just buy those and have better coilovers?
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

Mike stop trolling, you know you don't need z31 specific top hats, all you need is a drill…

Aside from which, why do you want to limit the market to stance/powertrix? Why do you want people to get the impression that they are the only game in town? What if someone wants to buy megans or fortuneauto or cusco?

If you don't want them, don't look at the thread