S13 coilover adapters.... groupbuy anyone?

G-E;335136 wrote: Cool camber plates, funny enough though, I haven't been able to find M10 press-in studs…

And as I said earlier in the thread, it's not the top hat that's the challenge to fit, whatever pattern yours uses, it's just a matter of drilling -- the bottom on the other hand is specific

UPDATE: I should be picking up some front s13 colovers to take pictures with
    I think if you search my build thread you'll be able to find a part number for a kawasaki press in stud. I used em for the rear upper mounts on my stance coils.

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

Ok I have 2 week production timeline for the GROUP BUY… have 3 people ready to go, would like to have 2 more buy in…

If you haven't yet, mail me to put your name on the list

So no pics of this on a car with coilover and everything installed and an alignment sheet?

~Alex
    splatter fake blood on fubar'd quarter and roll out.

pedestrians=mobile clipping points -Benedict on PurePontiackid's 280zx

ExtremeAtheist wrote: That would help your sales a lot. I've yet to see one of your products installed and working. Not doubting your ability or anything and Mr Ard gave you his seal of approval.
    Someone is just about to fix their last issue to use the bbk they picked up, so you'll see that working shortly

G-E;335495 wrote: Someone is just about to fix their last issue to use the bbk they picked up, so you'll see that working shortly
    I might have someone who wants a set will let you know.
    1986 300ZX GLL auto non turbo

Comparison pic… note the non-turbo hub is a little taller and the balljoint location is further in too, hence the plywood

Look at the angles of the bolt holes, then consider the z31's strut top sits more inboard compared to s13

I'll order some stance lower s13 mounts to show how it all fits, but I don't understand why all this panic ?

I want a set, but I won't have money till early next month
    Non turbo, 200K+ mile club, 60mm TB, 149WHP 168WTQ

G-E;335642 wrote:

I'll order some stance lower s13 mounts to show how it all fits, but I don't understand why all this panic ?
    People are scared of anything new. Especially if it has potential to work. I thoroughly enjoy this idea and do put them on a car.

If you do run into camber angle, simply drill a few holes or do something like this:

Not for the faint of heart. This guy knows his suspension geo and has the brass ones to put it to use on the track. Apparently the oem strut mount location on this r32 wasn't working out for him so he made this.

The kit is cut and shut/chop n weld anyway for your tubes. If you run into issues and have to move the strut top it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Could also slot the lower strut mount bracket holes to help line stuff up too. The fact the bracket is slightly offset is prolly the biggest "what if?" issue.
    vg30'd s13 in progress. Shocks. Pegs. Lucky.

I'm ordering the stance lower s13 brackets so no one will say "ya but what if I have brand X?" type questions

Look maa, it's backwards, and still fitz!

Id be interested in seeing the camber specifications after installation. Toss them on your car and take some measurements at max camber with the top plates.
    86na - BlueZ
    Shiro #366 - Kouki Monster
    85t - Mr Tickles

If these are tested on a car, and camber measurements are okay, i'd be inclined.

The static camber can easily be brought into spec, but the camber curve will be different (closer to a 240sx camber curve)

It will be a great complement to the adjustable control arm thingy I'm working on, if I could stop redesigning it everytime I look at it, but that's another story

Ok I want to start a poll on this, because I realize there was some confusion and some unhealthy e-fighting over this…

How many of you WILL BUY or are INTERESTED (n the very near future), assuming that all the alignment apocalyse scenarios are wrong, and you will have a workable car after?

Just say "I'm in" or something to that effect… gooo!

im interested because we discussed this before, but i have no money, but i know you personally, so i guess you could say i WOULD be down for a set, but i don't have a functioning z car or a functioning wallet.

tee hee